AJ XI IE Light Orewood Brown October 6, 2022

Color: Light Orewood Brown/Neutral Grey-White-Cement Grey
Style Code: 919712-102
Release Date: September 24, 2022
Price: $185
1655505999843.jpeg

Anxious to get se1fmade se1fmade architect architect dieseljordans dieseljordans thoughts

Last edited:
Air Jordan 11 Low IE “Light Orewood Brown”
Color: Light Orewood Brown/Neutral Grey-White-Cement Grey
Style Code: 919712-102
Release Date: October 2022
Price: $185
Air Jordan 11 Low IE Light Orewood Brown 919712-102 Release Date

:stoneface:
Dude, stop the tiring troll game and move along.
Educate me then, what’s the IE stand for? Not trolling, I’ve always wondered about this. Don’t act like you can’t understand where I’m coming from lol they literally don’t do this with any other Jordan model. Where the low tops feature completely different design elements than the originals

Educate me then, what’s the IE stand for? Not trolling, I’ve always wondered about this. Don’t act like you can’t understand where I’m coming from lol they literally don’t do this with any other Jordan model. Where the low tops feature completely different design elements than the originals
IE stands for nothing. It's most likely a printing error on the OG box label back in '96. But the name stuck, and now it's used in sneaker-nerd circles just to make it clear which 11 low is being discussed, because we also have 11 lows that are simply the 11 highs with patent leather that look the same as the "true" 11s, only with the top chopped off.
Fact is, the "IE" version is the true 11 low from 1996. Game-worn by MJ. The patent-leather version didn't come along until years later as a retro/new-version release.
You can learn all this from some simple Googling research. If you're genuine in your curiosity.

IE stands for nothing. It's most likely a printing error on the OG box label back in '96. But the name stuck, and now it's used in sneaker-nerd circles just to make it clear which 11 low is being discussed, because we also have 11 lows that are simply the 11 highs with patent leather that look the same as the "true" 11s, only with the top chopped off.
Fact is, the "IE" version is the true 11 low from 1996. Game-worn by MJ. The patent-leather version didn't come along until years later as a retro/new-version release.
You can learn all this from some simple Googling research. If you're genuine in your curiosity.
Lol the funny thing is I did do some simple googling right after I posted that, but google said IE stands for International Edition… That got me wondering why they needed to change the design for MJ to play internationally. Is patent leather illegal in some countries or something? Lol

Yeah I also knew about the low top 11s that look way more like the originals, that’s why I was confused. I think the question still stands though why they needed to change the design instead of just treating it like any other low top J

Back
Top Bottom