AJKO. That Vintage Look.

Help NT fam. 
ohwell.gif

I got a pair of retro AJKOs I'm gonna wear throughout the summer and I wanted to know what you guys do in order to remove that vintage look from the midsoles. I know I heard someone on the boards say that they used the Jason Markk sneaker cleaner but I want to know what everyone's suggestion is before I start messing around with my pair.

Much appreciation guys! 
nerd.gif

Help NT fam. 
ohwell.gif

I got a pair of retro AJKOs I'm gonna wear throughout the summer and I wanted to know what you guys do in order to remove that vintage look from the midsoles. I know I heard someone on the boards say that they used the Jason Markk sneaker cleaner but I want to know what everyone's suggestion is before I start messing around with my pair.

Much appreciation guys! 
nerd.gif

Jason Markk works great, BUT it costs a lot of money. If you want to do it on the cheap, Armor All cleaning wipes and a little but of work will pull the vintage look from the midsoles. It's pretty easy to take it off though, shouldn't take you more than about 15 minutes.

Jason Markk works great, BUT it costs a lot of money. If you want to do it on the cheap, Armor All cleaning wipes and a little but of work will pull the vintage look from the midsoles. It's pretty easy to take it off though, shouldn't take you more than about 15 minutes.

i used a baby wipe & it came off no problem (on both c/w's)
you could also use a mr. clean magic eraser 

i used a baby wipe & it came off no problem (on both c/w's)
you could also use a mr. clean magic eraser 

Thanks a lot for the help guys. I'm going to try using the Jason Markk product since one of my boys has a leftover bottle. 
smile.gif

Thanks a lot for the help guys. I'm going to try using the Jason Markk product since one of my boys has a leftover bottle. 
smile.gif

Good luck man, but if you truly want to get rid of that vintage look, then buy the OGs, you'll be much happier with them knowing they are the original. haha

Yeah just try the cleaner and try to post the pics when you finish. I dont know what gives Nike the impression that people like having their shoes looking old and not taken care of. Why do you think they yellow em on purpose?

Good luck man, but if you truly want to get rid of that vintage look, then buy the OGs, you'll be much happier with them knowing they are the original. haha

Yeah just try the cleaner and try to post the pics when you finish. I dont know what gives Nike the impression that people like having their shoes looking old and not taken care of. Why do you think they yellow em on purpose?

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

The only pairs I've ever picked up with the vintage look that I didn't mind it on was the Oregon Waffle and Waffle Racers from 2007, they had what looked like track dirt on the laces and the nylon tongue and the suede was a little distressed, but were solidly built, 4 years later I'm still rocking the 3 pairs I bought. The vintage look worked on those, but it hasn't on anything else they've done it to. I think the biggest reason they yellow some shoes is to make it harder for some clown to try and sell it on ebay to unsuspecting buyers. 

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

The only pairs I've ever picked up with the vintage look that I didn't mind it on was the Oregon Waffle and Waffle Racers from 2007, they had what looked like track dirt on the laces and the nylon tongue and the suede was a little distressed, but were solidly built, 4 years later I'm still rocking the 3 pairs I bought. The vintage look worked on those, but it hasn't on anything else they've done it to. I think the biggest reason they yellow some shoes is to make it harder for some clown to try and sell it on ebay to unsuspecting buyers. 

Yeah, Baby Wipes, Armor All Wipes, etc...
I'm not a 100%, but I think the Sole is what everyone has trouble with.
Not like it matters though. No one can see the sole, but good luck OP!
P.S. Not to be a butthole, but this should have been posted in the Sneaker Care, and Maintenance thread.

Yeah, Baby Wipes, Armor All Wipes, etc...
I'm not a 100%, but I think the Sole is what everyone has trouble with.
Not like it matters though. No one can see the sole, but good luck OP!
P.S. Not to be a butthole, but this should have been posted in the Sneaker Care, and Maintenance thread.

Back
Top Bottom