Albums That Ruled Your High School Years

I'm talking about the albums that EVERYONE bumped and knew every last lyric to. Entering 7th grade in '01 (someone brought this up in another topic) asa New Yorker, the situation couldn't have been doper.

7th Grade '01-'02- Blueprint and Stillmatic. I'm a Jay fan but I think more dudes bumped Nas back then.
8th Grade '02-'03- Get Rich or Die Tryin'. Don't deny it-- if not a classic, then certainly a hood classic.
9th Grade '03-'04- The Black Album. All that stuff Timbo was saying how Jay was gonna blow every other rapper out of the water when they were recording"Dirt Off You Shoulder", FACT.
10th Grade '04-'05- The Documentary. Be and The College Dropout were better, but that was irrelevant.
11th Grade '05-'06- Late Registration. The last hip-hop magnum opus by any rapper.
12th Grade '06-'07- Timabaland- Futuresex/Lovesounds. I can't find it in me to include Justin TImberlake's name with the aforementioned works.Nothing against the album or the man.

As for the culture (err, fashion), I feel like it really helped us grow also.

Early years- Diplomats and the jerseys. Jay did, so did everyone else. But only the Dips mattered.
Middle years- The Jay-Z grown and sexy button-up/Kanye polo thing.
Senior years- Kanye hipster look. (I actually wouldn't call this a maturation but it happened)

Just some food for thought from some dude who's too busy bugging out to "The Documentary" to study for any finals.

Originally Posted by dcjumpman84

10th Grade '04-'05- The Documentary.

The Massacre?

11th Grade '05-'06- Late Registration.

You know damn well ain't nobody was listening to 'Ye. That's when the Wayne stans started slurping (Tha CarterII).

I'm talking about the albums that EVERYONE bumped and knew every last lyric to. Entering 7th grade in '01 (someone brought this up in another topic) as a New Yorker, the situation couldn't have been doper.

7th Grade '01-'02- Blueprint and Stillmatic. I'm a Jay fan but I think more dudes bumped Nas back then.
8th Grade '02-'03- Get Rich or Die Tryin'. Don't deny it-- if not a classic, then certainly a hood classic.
9th Grade '03-'04- The Black Album. All that stuff Timbo was saying how Jay was gonna blow every other rapper out of the water when they were recording "Dirt Off You Shoulder", FACT.
10th Grade '04-'05- The Documentary. Be and The College Dropout were better, but that was irrelevant.
11th Grade '05-'06- Late Registration. The last hip-hop magnum opus by any rapper.
12th Grade '06-'07- Timabaland- Futuresex/Lovesounds. I can't find it in me to include Justin TImberlake's name with the aforementioned works. Nothing against the album or the man.

As for the culture (err, fashion), I feel like it really helped us grow also.

Early years- Diplomats and the jerseys. Jay did, so did everyone else. But only the Dips mattered.
Senior years- Kanye hipster look. (I actually wouldn't call this a maturation but it happened)

Just some food for thought from some dude who's too busy bugging out to "The Documentary" to study for any finals.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Damn, you make me feel old.

A couple that remind me of my HS years...

DMX - It's Dark and Hell is Hot
Jay-Z - The Blueprint
Eminem - The Slim Shady LP
Nas - Stillmatic

damn, i feel old as hell....so i wont name years

reakwon, only built 4 cuban linx
buju banton, til shiloh
jayz, any of the cds from the "carter" series...
lil kim, hardcore
every mary j blige cd
and many more...

ON POINT for me. haha

if i recall correctly,

9th marshall mathers lp
10th blueprint, stillmatic
11th get rich or die tryin, joe budden, diplomatic immunity
12th black album, college dropout

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Damn, you make me feel old.

A couple that remind me of my HS years...

DMX - It's Dark and Hell is Hot
Jay-Z - The Blueprint
Eminem - The Slim Shady LP
Nas - Stillmatic

worddddddd ... i remember when Stillmatic leaked but it had a dog barking all over it ... wewas still wildin' listening to Ether on the way to school ...

it's dark, flesh of my flesh, how u luv that vol. 2, 400 degreez, blackout, SSLP - 9th

the block is hot, guerilla warfare, in search of, aijuswanaseing, MMLP - 10th
[color= rgb(255, 204, 102)]when the smoke clears, HCP, the dynasty, train of thought, fabolous freestyles -11th[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 204, 102)]blueprint, stillmatic, ghetto fab, child of the ghetto, get down or lay down, come homewith me, juslisen - senior yr.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 204, 102)]mixed in theresomewhere : supreme cliente, get it how u live !!!, chopper city in the ghetto, i got that work, sde, even in darkness[/color]

kiss the game goodbye
come home with me
the black album
hunger for more
documentary/ late registration/ minstrel show etc etc

Vol 1
Purple Haze
Ready To Die
The B. Coming
The Coming
Get Rich Or Die Tryin
Tha Black Album
Illmatic
Stillmatic
Diplomatic Immunity

9th grade (1998-1999): Vol. 2 HKL, The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill, two DMX joints, Juvenile's 400 Degreez, Dru Hill
10th grade (1999-2000): Anything Cash Money dropped, Vol. 3, UGK joint, Sisqo (I lived in BMORE)
11th grade (2000-2001): Luda's first joint, Stankonia, Dirty (Hit Da Floe dudes), HNIC (Prodigy),
12th grade: (2001-2002): The Blueprint, Stillmatic.

In no particular order...
Vol 2
ATliens
Capital Punishment
It's Dark and Hell is Hot
Creepin on Ah Come Up
Illmatic
12 Play
Tical
Ready to Die

50 Cent - Get Rich Or Die Tryin
Shyne - Shyne
Diplomats - Diplomatic Immunity
Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More
Cam'ron - Come Home With Me
G-Unit - Beg For Mercy
Jay - The Blueprint
Nas - Stillmatic

That's all I remember off the top

Kanye West-College Dropout
Jay-Z-Black Album
OutKast-The Love Below/Speakerboxxx
T.I-King (that was right before graduation, I remember riding around with Lindsley blasting that joint)
Most Known Unknown-Three 6 Mafia
Common-Be
Lil' Wayne-Carter I and II

Originally Posted by haiti5

is

lock this thread
laugh.gif

eek.gif
�I forget how good Sole looked. Dudes used to be on her forreal,until she faded into obscurity and married Ginuwine.

But
laugh.gif
�at that hook. It was even�funnier back then too.

But umm...well, it ruled summer vacation at least.

B0009VJWQS.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

This was hot too...

KanyeWestTheCollegeDropout.jpg

usher.jpg

B00007E8J1.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

jayz_black_album.jpg

Originally Posted by AiRodney23

Kanye West-College Dropout
Jay-Z-Black Album
OutKast-The Love Below/Speakerboxxx
T.I-King (that was right before graduation, I remember riding around with Lindsley blasting that joint)
Most Known Unknown-Three 6 Mafia
Common-Be
Lil' Wayne-Carter I and II
Correct on all this

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

51Q5580EPZL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I didnt give a !%%@ about any other album back then. Until College Dropout and The Black Album dropped. Nobody else had even heard of Dipset in my highschool.

Back
Top Bottom