All Things Sports Media Thread!!

Saw on awfulannouncing that a usa today writer wrote a story saying Sam Ponder is a bigot. I don't think saying biological women should be competing against other biological women in ncaa sports makes her a bigot. Other espn talent probably have similar views but want to avoid the crap that will be sent their way.

I can't even think who might take that seat.

If they looking to go the ex-athlete route again everyone who might do a solid job has their own platform or is on another network.

And that getting up at 4am **** ain't for everybody. Even for the bag :lol:

Undisputed reportedly gets 100-200,000 viewers a day. (By comparison, Inside Edition which I didn't even know was still on, gets over 4 million viewers).

Literally FOX could throw in anyone in there, continue their daily junk pile of the Cowboys and Lebron, and nothing will be a difference :lol:

Undisputed reportedly gets 100-200,000 viewers a day. (By comparison, Inside Edition which I didn't even know was still on, gets over 4 million viewers).

Literally FOX could throw in anyone in there, continue their daily junk pile of the Cowboys and Lebron, and nothing will be a difference :lol:
So fs1 is paying that dbag bayless millions for a show that gets crap ratings? They're dumb AF.

So fs1 is paying that dbag bayless millions for a show that gets crap ratings? They're dumb AF.
Some of these business decisions these companies make with talent baffles me. But it's their money, and they are rolling in it.
A guy like Bayless is a centerpiece for Fox Sports, and they barely have anyone else. So they needed to pay him to pry him away from ESPN. His value to them is shock value, social media clicks, people talking on sports radio about the controversy - actual talent or knowledge be damned. But I really don't know where the full profits are, literally no one watches these shows live yet the sports world has Skip close to top of news cycle every week. Which I guess there is our answer.

which is sad…i had the week off…i was looking for some finals coverage as i tapped out all my pods…tried espn…gross…couldnt even let it play as background noise no hyperbole…

too many options to "settle" with espn and fox
you got so many content creators these days and lots of former/current players doing their own thing

I think Shannon sees the money that a guy like Pat is getting and wants to strike while the iron is hot and get himself a big deal which he deserves.

Is Shannon moving on to another outlet? Seems he'd be a good fit somewhere like Showtime/HBO.

Kolber and steve young may be out

Sports commentators getting traded and released like the players they report on. Off season came to them as well

They have way too much on-air talent for all those shows that talk about the same 4-5 topics. They don't need 20 plus experts to talk about the nfl. They should keep Tim Legler for the nba and get rid of almost everyone else. They give a ton of money to sas and michael greenberg but they bring absolutely no value to the networks. Just read pat mcafee has a bigger contract than sas.

Back
Top Bottom