All this LeBron/MJ talk REALLY makes me appreciate Wayne Gretzky's dominance...

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Also many attempt to make the claim, Bobby orr was better or Lemieux was better or just as good.

What about Gordie Howe, I heard some say that he is the GOAT in hockey.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Also many attempt to make the claim, Bobby orr was better or Lemieux was better or just as good.

Nah you'd have to get an old *## dude to say that, my friends  grand pa who was like 78 might say that...but nobody younger then that.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Nah you'd have to get an old *## dude to say that, my friends  grand pa who was like 78 might say that...but nobody younger then that.
laugh.gif

Fan Ratings

Fine Details [emoji]9642[/emoji] Last Updated May 27, 2011, 6:05AM
All-Time Skater Rank: #3. Mike Bossy… #4. Joe Sakic… #5. WAYNE GRETZKY… #6. Denis Potvin… #7. Stan Mikita…

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Fan Ratings

Fine Details [emoji]9642[/emoji] Last Updated May 27, 2011, 6:05AM
All-Time Skater Rank: #3. Mike Bossy… #4. Joe Sakic… #5. WAYNE GRETZKY… #6. Denis Potvin… #7. Stan Mikita…

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I have even heard idiots bring up Ovechkin
laugh.gif

I am fortunate to have witnessed Gretzky and let me just say No player today is even in his realm. Unlike a lot of my fellow NT'ers who like to speak on players they never witnessed with their own two eyes (ESPN Classics & highlights don't count) I can't say if he was better than Bobby Orr. I do know that Wayne's Hockey I.Q. was off of the charts.

I have even heard idiots bring up Ovechkin
laugh.gif

I am fortunate to have witnessed Gretzky and let me just say No player today is even in his realm. Unlike a lot of my fellow NT'ers who like to speak on players they never witnessed with their own two eyes (ESPN Classics & highlights don't count) I can't say if he was better than Bobby Orr. I do know that Wayne's Hockey I.Q. was off of the charts.

The crosby oveckin thing I can't buy AT ALL, the Lemiex thing is at least an argument that can be had for a minute but it's over after that, Bobby Orr thing is beyond my time.

The crosby oveckin thing I can't buy AT ALL, the Lemiex thing is at least an argument that can be had for a minute but it's over after that, Bobby Orr thing is beyond my time.

The argument goes like this basically Mario Lemiuex playing with a variety of physical ailments, terrible back, mother $+#%!#@ cancer and produced numbers not far off from Gretzky thus if he ws healthy he could have been just s good if not better.

The argument goes like this basically Mario Lemiuex playing with a variety of physical ailments, terrible back, mother $+#%!#@ cancer and produced numbers not far off from Gretzky thus if he ws healthy he could have been just s good if not better.

Mario Lemiuex GOAT.

The great one just played in more games.

sorry had to be me who is the contrarian

Mario Lemiuex GOAT.

The one year where Lemieux came close to playing 80 games (76), he put up 199 points.  Which is flat-out amazing.  Always makes you wonder what type of career #'s he would have put up if he didn't have all those ailments. 

Another thing...Lemieux was bigger/stronger than a lot of his counterparts at the time.  He went 6'4" 235.  Gretzky was 6'0" 180. 

roll.gif
I was laughing at the avy before I saw who posted
roll.gif

The one year where Lemieux came close to playing 80 games (76), he put up 199 points.  Which is flat-out amazing.  Always makes you wonder what type of career #'s he would have put up if he didn't have all those ailments. 

Another thing...Lemieux was bigger/stronger than a lot of his counterparts at the time.  He went 6'4" 235.  Gretzky was 6'0" 180. 

roll.gif
I was laughing at the avy before I saw who posted
roll.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Mario Lemiuex GOAT.

Sounds like you're just going against the grain for the sake of. Nobody in their right mind with hockey knowledge believes that. Mario is my favorite player and while I do believe he is close to Wayne, he's not better by any stretch of the imagination.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Mario Lemiuex GOAT.

Sounds like you're just going against the grain for the sake of. Nobody in their right mind with hockey knowledge believes that. Mario is my favorite player and while I do believe he is close to Wayne, he's not better by any stretch of the imagination.

Back
Top Bottom