Allen Iverson crossing Michael Jordan (1997)

Originally Posted by irishbaz

Just an avg crossover Tim hardaway was the master he dropped guys nearly every game.
And If I'm remembering correctly, he didn't carry the ball on his crossover like a lot of guys (including AI) do.

I've never really looked at the Jordan play in slow motion before. Jordan really did make it look worse by reaching. He should have just tried to stay infront of Iverson.

Originally Posted by D723

Originally Posted by TheBlackHole76

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

Very overrated play.

I remember back in the day when AI pulled this off after the game Jordan was saying how guys like AI and that generation of young players in the league at that time have no respect for the older veterans and superstars in the league.
I agree with the bit about the overrated play, but I don't get this "respect elders" thing. What, young players are supposed to just lay down and let "elders" score 40 points on them just because they're elders? If you got beat, you got beat.

Maybe there's some context in this I don't know about? Did Iverson say something disrespectful or something?
He just said he wasn't gonna lay down to Jordan, basically.

And I don't understand how this isn't a good cross? Dude that said little man crossing big man... really? Jordan was one of the best defenders of his era and definitely one of the best perimeter defenders. He bit on the cross and tried to get the steal and got burned, it's that simple. I don't see how yall are trying to downplay AI's move and say it was "Jordan's fault."

The AI hate on here recently is ridiculous, just 2 1/2 years ago AI went to Denver and everyone and their mother on here got bandwagon Nuggets sigs. Yall are ridiculous.
smh.gif

Real %%+%.....
eek.gif

pimp.gif
remember the first time i saw it, i was in 8th grade
smh.gif
joint was somethin serious. I actually modeled my crossover off of that clip... piffery.

Tell the truth the only reason people are hating on the move is because its been seen over and over again.

I remember after this move there was some beef with young players disrespecting the veterans in the NBA. Overhyped by the media, and young guys were breakinout the tatts- the NBA was trying to control its image not for the first time.

Originally Posted by D723

Originally Posted by TheBlackHole76

Kidskillz858 wrote:

Very overrated play.

I remember back in the day when AI pulled this off after the game Jordan was saying how guys like AI and that generation of young players in the league at
that time have no respect for the older veterans and superstars in the league.
I agree with the bit about the overrated play, but I don't get this "respect elders" thing. What, young players are supposed to just
lay down and let "elders" score 40 points on them just because they're elders? If you got beat, you got beat.

Maybe there's some context in this I don't know about? Did Iverson say something disrespectful or something?
He just said he wasn't gonna lay down to Jordan, basically.

And I don't understand how this isn't a good cross? Dude that said little man crossing big man... really? Jordan was one of the best defenders of his era and definitely one of the best perimeter defenders. He bit on the cross and tried to get the steal and got burned, it's that simple. I don't see how yall are trying to downplay AI's move and say it was "Jordan's fault."

The AI hate on here recently is ridiculous, just 2 1/2 years ago AI went to Denver and everyone and their mother on here got bandwagon Nuggets sigs. Yall are ridiculous.
smh.gif

exactly dudes on here making excuses for mj
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom