Alt-White Rally: Charlottesville, VA

Seen that vid last night.
The deflections and defending his "joke" was infuriating. I really don't understand how people can defend this mess.

It really is getting to a point where the only way you can stay sane as a POC is toe avoid being aware of what's going on and burying your head in the sand

Finding the white supremacists who beat a black man in Charlottesville

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...7_story.html?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.6af0ef97cd21

Code:
<iframe width='480' height='290' scrolling='no' src='//www.washingtonpost.com/video/c/embed/c821702e-8e64-11e7-9c53-6a169beb0953' frameborder='0' webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

The videos show how the beating unfolded, revealing its brutality and shocking speed from multiple perspectives.

On Aug. 12, white supremacists at the “Unite the Right” rally in downtown Charlottesville converged on counterprotesters outside the Market Street parking garage — a facility right next to the Charlottesville Police Department.

First, a white supremacist attempted to spear a counterprotester with the pole of a Confederate flag. Then, DeAndre Harris, a former special-education instructional assistant, swung a flashlight at the man, possibly striking him.

Then, the skirmish erupted into a full-throttle attack on Harris. Six white supremacists rushed the 20-year-old African American who had fled into the parking garage, kicking him to the ground and pummeling him with what appeared to be wooden sticks and a large board. Harris sustained a spinal injury and a deep head laceration that required 10 staples, according to his Philadelphia-based attorney, S. Lee Merritt.

Over the next few days, as people uploaded videos of the fight, a Black Lives Matter activist took it upon himself to do what law enforcement agencies apparently weren’t doing: trying to identify the six attackers so they could be arrested. Shaun King, who at the time was a New York Daily News columnist and is now a writer in residence at a project at Harvard Law School, scoured the Web to match old photos of the attackers with images from the Charlottesville fight. He bore down deep into Twitter, Facebook and elsewhere, looking for associates of the men who could confirm first and last names.

Three men charged in Charlottesville attacks on counterprotesters]

“I spoke to the Charlottesville Police Department, two FBI agents, and the state police. It was surreal. The only thing they knew about the attackers was stuff they got from my [social media] timelines!” King said in an interview. “Something had me thinking that the FBI was so sophisticated, that they were running these photos through databases. But they openly said that the only guys they knew were the two guys I had identified. My thought was, ‘This can’t be real.’ ”

Dennette Rybiski, a spokeswoman for the FBI’s office in Richmond, declined to be interviewed. After the rally, four days passed before the bureau posted on Twitterlinks to a tip line and a website where people could share information about the violence in Charlottesville.

The Washington Post made multiple requests to speak with members of the Charlottesville Police Department. Neither Chief Al S. Thomas Jr. nor a department spokesman returned messages. The city manager, Maurice Jones, did not respond to interview requests left with his spokeswoman.

The attack on Harris was just one of the stains left by the “Unite the Right” rally. A Nazi sympathizer, James Alex Fields Jr., allegedly plowed through a crowd in his car, killing counterprotester Heather Heyer and injuring more than a dozen others. Fields Jr., 20, who had stood with white supremacists hours before the crash, was charged with second-degree murder. At least a dozen others got into other brawls and were also treated for injuries.

In the aftermath of the violence, Charlottesville has been riven by recrimination and second-guessing: Why didn’t the police intervene to halt the multiple altercations? Why were police standing off to the sides and behind the two opposing groups — and not in between them?

The shadow of an assassinated American Nazi commander hangs over Charlottesville]

Merritt, Harris’s attorney, said local police “share in some liability” for his client’s injuries. He accused the police of passivity in their efforts to identify and arrest Harris’s assailants because “if you have six arrests after the fact — from an incident that was feet away from law enforcement — it makes them appear more culpable,” he said.

Harris declined to comment through his attorney. He set up a GoFundMe Web page, with the goal of raising $50,000. He’s gotten more than $166,000.

“If it was not for my friends that I came with I would have been beaten to a pulp,” Harris wrote on the page.

Merritt said the FBI questioned them about why Harris had kept the GoFundMe page active even though he’d reached his goal. It is no longer accepting donations.

“They were responding to Internet claims that DeAndre was manipulating the public for financial gain. It’s a red herring,” Merritt said. “It’s great the community wanted to support him, but it had nothing to do with the incident, and doesn’t explain why he was attacked and doesn’t help track down the people who attacked him.”

If one person has been pushing for justice the most, it’s King, the former Daily News writer. He has 1.5 million Facebook followersand more than 760,000 on Twitter.

The night of the rally, King launched a public investigation, posting a photo of the white supremacists beating Harris in the parking garage.

“America. 2017. Arrest these men. All of them. Right now. What are their names?” he wrote on Facebook. “Economics my ***. This is violent white supremacy plain and simple.”

The next day, he posted photos of one of the attackers — one who has still not been named.

“SHARE THIS. All hands on deck. WHO IS THIS MAN with the red beard?” King wrote on Facebook, attaching photos of the man standing idly at the rally and then another of him at the attack.

An hour later, he posted photos of a young man with moles on his neck, two from the rally and one from the garage clash.

“OK Everybody! ALL HANDS ON DECK. SHARE!!! Here is white supremacist #2 that we MUST identify. WHO IS HE?” King wroteat 4:37 p.m. on Aug. 13.

Less than three hours later, at 7:04 p.m., King had one of the alleged assailants:

“Daniel (Dan) Borden — we found you. Your classmates turned you in,” King wrote, posting photos from the white supremacist’snow-shuttered Facebook account. “They said this doesn’t surprise them. And your neck moles gave it away.”

About two weeks later, Borden was arrested in Ohio, where he grew up. The Post left a message for his attorney, Greg Berberich, but it was not returned. According to the Associated Press, the attorney said that Borden had been hit in the head and tear-gassed several times and that he asked police for protection. He also said Borden’s family believes he will be proved innocent. The Post could not reach his parents for comment.

Three days after the rally, King found another alleged attacker.

“Dear Michael A. Ramos, We caught you. Your Facebook friends reported you to me,” King wrote, posting photos of Ramos in the assault next to other images of him.

“We downloaded all of the content off of your Facebook page before you deleted it — including your video and comments bragging about the assault.”

Ramos turned himself in to officials in Georgia and is expected to be transferred to Virginia authorities in the next week.

Now King is trying to get full names for the remaining alleged assailants, especially the man with the red beard who was wearing dark pants and a hat during the attack.

“That guy looks so distinct,” King said, frustrated. “But he’s a ghost. I think he’s deleted any trace of himself online.”

I Lost My Son to the Alt-Right Movement

18-neo-nazis-bw.w710.h473.jpg

https://www.thecut.com/2017/08/charlottesville-white-supremacy-parenting-alt-right.html

My son was in Charlottesville. He probably went with his friends, but I don’t know for sure because I haven’t talked to him in about three years.

Maybe some alt-righters were born into racist families and then they just follow along, but we weren’t like that. He grew up in a big, multicultural city. When he was a kid, he was very accepting — his friend group was ethnically diverse, we often hosted overseas exchange students. He was dating someone who wasn’t white. He was a responsible kid. I mean, he would occasionally drink and smoke pot and stuff like that, but he wasn’t getting into trouble or anything. He had a few close friends, but he was not that great with getting girlfriends.

He was a good student, smart, sweet, and we were close. He always told me he loved me. But over time he began to change. I was worried it was drugs or depression. He started treating me like ****. I remember one time I went to hug him and he nearly ripped me a new one just for touching him. He said, “We have nothing in common.” I was hurt. That was just the beginning.

When he was in his late teens, he started listening to this podcastFreeDomain Radio. After he told me about it, I googled it, and from that point forward, my life was never the same. It was founded by this guy Stefan Molyneux, who I later learned is a major figure on the alt-right. He spews horrible things. I heard him listening to the podcasts in his bedroom. My son started saying things like, If we could just get the Asians out of here it wouldn’t be so crowded. I realized he was getting into really dangerous stuff. He was beyond the point where we could have a rational discussion. Not long after, I told him I thought he should move out.

Men’s-Rights Activism Is the Gateway Drug for the Alt-Right
After he left, we stopped talking and he pretty much alienated his closest friends. The only way I could keep track of him was by watching his online presence on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube (I remembered his nicknames from when he lived at home). I saw that he was questioning the Holocaust, and tweeting about Trump, white supremacy, and all this horrible stuff about women. On his YouTube account, people were commenting that women don’t need to have education because their place is at home having babies. I panicked and approached a local religious group that’s very knowledgeable about cults and they said, Just wait it out and take care of yourself.

These days, I check up on him whenever I’m on the computer — it’s constant. I’ve got all his social-media pages pinned on Google Chrome. Sometimes he removes posts quickly and sometimes he makes things public and leaves them there. Maybe he wants me to see? I make sure I’m not logged in when I look at his accounts because I don’t want him to block me.

I recently saw him on a video, he looks healthy. Taking good care of yourself is all part of the white-supremacy thing, right? They have to be in good shape in case there’s violence, and they have to be fit so they can make good white babies. My thinking these days is God forbid he should have kids.

I knew from his tweets that he was going to Charlottesville and I was nervous because I know these things can turn violent. And throughout the day I was anxious, waiting for him to tweet so I knew he was okay. I’m horrified that he was there. From his tweets, it sounds like he was hanging around with neo-Nazis. It’s hard for me to believe. And then there’s a part of me that hopes he does something and gets caught because that’s one way to get him reformed.

I think the biggest thing with him is he needed a father figure. His dad really disappointed him. The alt-right is definitely a group that people are recruited into. I really do believe that. They take a “normal” level of fear of difference to the extreme. And I think that time of life — after school, when you are in your early 20s, is a real period of transition, of finding yourself. These kids think they have found the answer in these alt-right groups, you know? Like, I can be a part of something that’s bigger than me … and then they feel like they’re really going to make a difference, they even have apassion for making a difference.

All parents look back at how they raised their children and think they could have done something different, but I did the best I could. I raised him alone for a big part of his life. When he was younger, I had more control, but you can’t be with them 24/7. You don’t know what they’re listening to. They take their laptops to school. You can’t know everything that’s on the internet. Once they find it and feel like it speaks to them, they’re not going to listen to you.

These days the only way I can reach him is email. I sometimes send him videos of our dog. I have an extension on email that shows me if he reads it. The last thing I sent him was a video of our dog, but you could hear my voice … I secretly hope he felt something when he heard my voice, because deep inside I know he must miss me.
*Some names and details have been changed.

it reminds me of stories of kids joining Isis. of course there are big differences but there are many similarities.

the crazy thing is that the ones who are in bed with the alt-right (mostly Republicans) are the ones who are using Isis to justify all their hate and fear-mongering.

bunch of hypocrites.

I heard DeAndre Harris was charged with a felony. (The brother who was jumped by 6 WS and beaten with metal pipes and wooden planks.) One of the WS who jumped him went to a judge and asked for an arrest warrant and they were just like, "aight". And people still wonder pretend they don't know why minorities have reservations about public officials, politicians, and law enforcement. :smh:

What??

How tf does an accused just ask a judge for an arrest warrant and then it's done??

Thats ridiculous.

Plus arrested for what?? Being assaulted?

Smh

WS are a bunch of p***ies! Can never take the “L”

I’m more furious at the sheer fact DeAndre had his head busted open and suffered spinal injuries and these MF’s go after him for an assault?!

This ish is a FLIPPIN joke!

It Wasn’t Just White Men Who Participated In The ‘Unite The Right’ Rally
White women have always played a role in propping up white supremacy and toxic masculinity.

598f648022000044001a5a2d.png

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...e-the-right-rally_us_598f55b4e4b09071f69a0381

On the front lines of Friday night’s “Unite The Right” rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, at the University of Virginia, angry white men with torches flocked to a statue of slave-owning Founding Father Thomas Jefferson. By Saturday afternoon, members of the KKK, neo-Nazis, and other armed militia groups were rallying full force in the streets adorned with Confederate flags and in full Nazi regalia.

Behind them, smaller in number but no less present, stood white women.

For those with an understanding of race relations in the United States, this will come as no surprise.

There were active women branches of the Ku Klux Klan. The white woman who accused 14-year-old Emmett Till of crude sexual behavior ― resulting in his gruesome murder in 1955 ― recently admitted she’d lied about what happened. As recently as Nov. 8, 2016, 53 percent of white women who voted, voted to support the presidential campaign of Donald Trump, despite his use of racist and sexist rhetoric.

598f651c22000044001a5a2e.jpeg

A woman member of the KKK takes her baby to a Klan meeting in South Carolina in 1965.
598f653d140000401aed0634.jpeg

Three women attend a Donald Trump rally in Newtown, Pennsylvania, in October 2016.

While there were undoubtedly more white men at the “Unite the Right” rally, which was organized by neo-Nazi Richard Spencer, it is essential that we recognize that white women have always benefitted from white supremacy, and therefore played an integral role in upholding it.

White supremacy is indeed rooted in racism and misogyny ― but white women have historically enabled racism even if it came with the cost of misogyny, and on Saturday in Charlottesville, many yet again chose to maintain their white privilege by choosing subordination to white men over solidarity with people of color.

598f630a15000021008b6492.jpeg

A white woman (right) walks down the steps with a group of neo-Nazis at the University of Virginia on Aug. 11.
598f589c1500007d208b6487.jpeg

A white woman (far left) protests with a torch at the University of Virginia with neo-Nazis.

Many on Twitter made flippant comments about the rally, with jokes about the male attendees being harmless beta male-type trolls incarnate.

Those memes, while funny enough, ultimately do a disservice to the seriousness of the deadly violence that white supremacists inflict on real people (at time of publication, one person has been pronounced dead and dozens injured after a car plowed into an anti-racist group at the rally).

The “Unite The Right” gathering represents so much more than toxic or fragile masculinity. The gathering was a violent act of white supremacy ― and white women have played a significant role in perpetuating it.

Many on Twitter acknowledged this, with some using the #TrustBlackWomen hashtag as well.

Screen Shot 2017-12-17 at 6.32.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-17 at 6.33.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-17 at 6.33.55 PM.png

Ultimately, as long as white conservative women continue to use their white womanhood to bolster racism and inequality, white progressive women have an obligation to condemn it ― and the brutal events in Charlottesville this weekend remind us why.

Last edited:
Asian Man Caught on Camera Allegedly Marching With White Supremacists in Charlottesville
Screen-Shot-2017-08-13-at-8.50.58-PM.png

https://nextshark.com/asian-man-caught-camera-marching-kkk-charlottesville/

In an exclusive clip shared with NextShark, an Asian man appears to possibly be marching alongside members of the Alt-Right at the rally in Charlottesville, Virginia which took place on August 12, 2017. It is unknown whether he is part of the Alt-Right or unrelated to them.

The ACLU eye-witness who took the video says that she wasn’t sure if he was marching with the group when she first saw him but then started filming when she saw him a second time with the group.

“I was in my ACLU vest at the time so that could get hairy. I shot it in Charlottesville yesterday Aug 12 around 11:30 am.”

(The man appears at the 1:11 mark)

“When I first saw him I thought maybe he was just happening by and wasn’t really walking with them,” the witness said. “I did a double take. Still wasn’t positive. The second time I saw him I was just dumbfounded. My boyfriend is [of AAPI heritage] so I texted him about it so he could be disgusted with me. This was right next to emancipation park where the rally permit was. The group was trying to enter the park.”

“I don’t understand the one Asian guy walking with them,” a witness could be heard saying in the video.

The Alt-Right march was met with a peaceful counter-protest that soon turned fatal, as one woman,Heather Heyer, was struck by Alt-Right supporter James Alex Fields, who used his vehicle to plow through the counter-protesters. Fields was arrested and charged with second-degree murder. Two state troopers were also killed at the scene in a related helicopter accident. Nineteen others were injured in the violent incident.

Asians were not the only disenfranchised group to march with the overwhelming majority of White men; in fact, they were outnumbered by White women.

Efforts by counter-protesters are currently being made to identify those who participated in the march.

Its like the bottom feeders of a race marching.

- sexpat child molester beta whites
- dweeby asians
- might as well add in your republican sammy sosas ...

Back
Top Bottom