Am i the only one who still doesnt take the Hornets serious as a title contender?

They have a good chance of finishing with the best record in the west... and in my mind the the title contenders in the west are the lakers, spurs, suns,& jazz....Idk why though...I think maybe its because all of the teams I just named have had some playoff success recently and the hornets have never been areal contender in the west as far as I can remember...I can honestly say that if the Warriors or Nuggets beat the Hornets in the 1st round i wouldn't betoo surprised...

Honestly i think Jazz will take it all. Hornets are good but they wont make any noise in the playoffs.

Trust me.. I don't even think the Hornets are title contenders.. I mean who on the Hornets team has any playoff success let alone playoff experience....I'll be very pleased though if the Hornets make some noise come playoff time.. But, a finals appearance, let alone a western conference finals appearance,I will be surprised..

It would be perfect for the Hornets to matchup with a team who plays no defense.. So, their best chance is against the Nuggets haha.. No offenseDenver/Iverson&Melo fans..

My _ removed the D out of his sig
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. Nice

I wouldn't be shocked...

At this point, it's obvious they are for real..

They're 26-12 on the road....leading into my reason as why Utah shouldn't be viewed as contenders more than them..

Jazz on the road....17-22

Originally Posted by BaronDavis5

Honestly i think Jazz will take it all. Hornets are good but they wont make any noise in the playoffs.

lol jazz? im sorry but a team that doesent win on the road will never win a championship...

I see the Hornets as a first round upset waiting to happen. Too much of the burden falls on Chris Paul's shoulders. Doesn't seem like any of thoseother guys (other than Pargo and Wells) can get shots for themselves.

Y'all are crazy.

They've got the best point guard in the game. One of the better coaches. A great 3 pt threat, terrific rebounders, and an all star big man in David West. There bench goes 2-3 deep and they've had amazing chemistry all season.

The Hornets are for real, and I definately wouldn't be suprised to see them in the WCF. A Finals appearence may impress me, but it certainly wouldn'tsuprise me. Now if Denver, or the Jazz get to the finals, that'd take me by suprise.

Originally Posted by Stoker55

Y'all are crazy.

They've got the best point guard in the game. One of the better coaches. A great 3 pt threat, terrific rebounders, and an all star big man in David West. There bench goes 2-3 deep and they've had amazing chemistry all season.

The Hornets are for real, and I definately wouldn't be suprised to see them in the WCF. A Finals appearence may impress me, but it certainly wouldn't suprise me. Now if Denver, or the Jazz get to the finals, that'd take me by suprise.

If the Jazz find the Hornets in the playoffs, they are in trouble. The Jazz match-up greatly with the Hornets, Boozer is capable of being the best PF inthe game on a given night.

i really don't view anyone other than the Spurs and Lakers as contenders in the West. and the Celtics and Pistons as contenders in the East. i would bet$$$ that the Finals will involve two of those four teams

The Hornets, Lakers, Spurs, Jazz, Suns, and Mavs all have legit shots at making it out of the West.

sorry but i don't give a 7-seed a legit shot at making the Finals

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

i really don't view anyone other than the Spurs and Lakers as contenders in the West. and the Celtics and Pistons as contenders in the East. i would bet $$$ that the Finals will involve two of those four teams

The Hornets, Lakers, Spurs, Jazz, Suns, and Mavs all have legit shots at making it out of the West.

laugh.gif
, in any other year this would be true, but this year, everyone is so close, that it really is a toss-up. What makes a six seed so much different? Ifyou look at the records the Mavericks have a winning record against most of those teams (except the Lakers and Hornets I believe). Considering there's only5.5 games between 1-7 and 7.5 between 1-9, I don't think you should discredit any team, it's all how the teams step up in the Playoffs.

Originally Posted by ikari XD

I see the Hornets as a first round upset waiting to happen. Too much of the burden falls on Chris Paul's shoulders. Doesn't seem like any of those other guys (other than Pargo and Wells) can get shots for themselves.

Do people just not realize that David West is for real or does he get overlooked b/c CP3 plays for em?
tired.gif

Great team, but they have no experience yet.

I'm sure they won't go all the way this season just because teams like the Suns/Spurs...even Utah has playoff experience and are built a bit betterthan they are.

Sometimes you have to take your hits before you can win it all.

I don't understand how people think Utah is a contender, but New Orleans isn't... Doesn't make sense.
Trust, there's nobody in that Top 4 that wants to play Dallas in Round 1...

The Mavs are finally starting to play well together, they've got a chip on their shoulder and something to prove starting right now. Playoff time isrolling around, and this is what they've been waiting for all year. The regular season meant absolutely NOTHING to the Mavs. How do you get motivated toplay every night, when you could go 81-1, and nobody would give a damn?

The Mavericks season didn't start in October, and didn't start when they traded for Kidd. The Mavs season starts next week, and Dirk Nowitzki isplaying better since the Jason Kidd trade than he has at ANY point in his career, including last year. I really think this team kicks it up a notch from hereon out. It starts with Utah tomorrow night.

I'm not picking them to make the Finals, but I think you're insane if you don't think they at least have a chance. The Mavs are as talented asanybody in the league. It all comes down to closing out games and Avery not out-coaching himself on the sidelines...

Utah is just built better IMO and they have SOME playoff experience at least, plus they are a very good defensive team.

This is pretty much the Hornets first go, I just don't see it for some reason.

With that said, I do want them to go far, CP is amazing to watch.

They have a much better shot than the Lakers do unless Bynum can come back and have an impact immediately. I think the true contenders are the Spurs, Suns,Lakers (if Bynum is healthy) and maybe the Jazz.

Back
Top Bottom