Amazon Prime Video Thread :

Late to the party but I Just finished episode 1 of Invincible.

Omni-Man:

tenor.gif

Yeah let me bounce lol.

Im only on episode 3 of Invincible.

Omniman went hard in episode 1 I can tell he turns up later in the season.

Spoilers don't bother me and I know what I'm getting into coming into the thread weeks after the show ended so I can't complain if something is spoiled.

I know Omni-Man and Invincible definitely gonna throw hands, the classic father v. son story.

Interesting in seeing what other ******* he engages in and why he did what he did in episode 1.

Finished up the series.

Sheesh Omni-Man was ruthless in the season finale.

Thought for sure he was gonna kill Debbie after she found out what he did and that's what was gonna set off the beef with Mark.

Glad I was wrong.

Gonna check out the comics.

Movie looks good. I was actually looking forward to seeing it in the theaters when I first heard about it a couple years ago.

Here's my thing though: Why don't the soldiers from the future just send strategic information to the humans of the past? Just let them know exactly when, where and how the aliens will attack and give the humans 30 years to prepare?

Why not just tell the people the past "ali ens attack on XYZ date, they hit XYZ cities in the initial wave and these are their tactics, strategies and weaknesses."

How is just sending people from the past into the future going to help?

It's a Hollywood movie so I'm not going to get too deep on the story but even on a surface level it doesn't make much sense

Movie looks good. I was actually looking forward to seeing it in the theaters when I first heard about it a couple years ago.

Here's my thing though: Why don't the soldiers from the future just send strategic information to the humans of the past? Just let them know exactly when, where and how the aliens will attack and give the humans 30 years to prepare?

Why not just tell the people the past "ali ens attack on XYZ date, they hit XYZ cities in the initial wave and these are their tactics, strategies and weaknesses."

How is just sending people from the past into the future going to help?

It's a Hollywood movie so I'm not going to get too deep on the story but even on a surface level it doesn't make much sense

It's literally like they are avoiding that Tom Cruise/Emily Blunt movie(which I liked a lot)
but yeah that is in fact the solution. Would be great, they actually address that in the film.

One thing that seemed off was when they gave him the time travel bracelet, why not just tell him what it is?? "It's a test." then have him go through the procedure and then give him the whole rundown "yeah this is a time travel bracelet blah blah blah." Exposition isn't an excuse because in either situation you'd have to explain that. It just seems with him being ex military and him being calm throughout atleast most of the first act, he'd be the person open to it the most.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised by this trailer, didn't think I'd be in to it.
Pratt definitely has that movie star charm with him. Glad to see my boy from Veep
Richard Splett gettin work too

Maybe this will be the mindless fun Army of the Dead promised. Like i'm going to shut my mind off for some of these films, but **** meet me part of the way with some of the plot holes.

US Release Date: July 2, 2021
Starring: Chris Pratt, Yvonne Strahovski, J.K. Simmons
Directed By: Chris McKay
Synopsis: Soldiers and civilians travel to the year 2051 to join a global war against a deadly alien species.

Back
Top Bottom