American Gangster Vs. Untitled

ummm i only like untitled after plan beats remixed it to be honest, so untitled for me

AG was a great album but Untitled is on a whole different level.

"Fried Chicken"> AG

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by illmatic34

I don't think this is even a question and I'm suprised by the number of pro AG comments, but

it's Untitled.

*Looks at avy*

*Looks at username*

eyes.gif

alien.gif

I'm a Hov fan just as a much as a Nas fan.

AG, definitely. Untitled is a GREAT, GREAT Album, but AG gets it as a whole due to several factors. I definitely don't agree that AG is a more mature RD.Why do you guys feel like that? American Gangster has a crutch for the movie, so it's hard for me to take it as serious as a RD. Nor is there the samelyrical ability or musical backdrop ...

Originally Posted by Im Not You

I think the thing is...when you're making such a politically driven album where you trying to make a statement like on Untitled...the music takes a backseat to your message. When that happens...that decreases replay value. It's like "Ok, you taught me something...now what?". What's left after you've Black President, We're Not Alone, or Sly Fox a few times? It would be like someone reading "48 Laws of Power" or "The Art of War" multiple times. It's not "all purpose music". You can't just throw Untitled on in the car, on the iPod in the subway...working out, etc. like you can with AG.

There has to be a balance of content/musical quality...and that's something Nas hasn't had on his last two albums because he's going for shock value before anything else.

making sure this gets read. Truth.

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

AG was a great album but Untitled is on a whole different level.

"Fried Chicken"> AG

This. I guess I'm in th minority, but N gets more spins from me. Both albums are great, but I just relate more to Nas' music.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Yeah I can still listen to AG

I ain't touched Untitled in a hot second lol
right. and pretty much anytime something from untitled comes on the ipod when its shuffled, it gets skipped.

Originally Posted by Shaze804

Originally Posted by Im Not You

I think the thing is...when you're making such a politically driven album where you trying to make a statement like on Untitled...the music takes a backseat to your message. When that happens...that decreases replay value. It's like "Ok, you taught me something...now what?". What's left after you've Black President, We're Not Alone, or Sly Fox a few times? It would be like someone reading "48 Laws of Power" or "The Art of War" multiple times. It's not "all purpose music". You can't just throw Untitled on in the car, on the iPod in the subway...working out, etc. like you can with AG.

There has to be a balance of content/musical quality...and that's something Nas hasn't had on his last two albums because he's going for shock value before anything else.

making sure this gets read. Truth.

And Jay Z recyclying rhymes about selling drugs is "all purpose" music??
laugh.gif
... I agree you can't play Untitled in the car, but theres no one in this day and age thinking NaS is gonna make an album for the jeep...Untitled is an album that should've made EVERYone take a look in the mirror and maybe dedicate themselves to contribute to some change in the **!++%country...

How can you even mention "content" when talking about a Jay Z album in comparion to a NaS album...

I don't think its a stretch to say
Untitled & HHID > KC & AG...

Untitled for me, one of the most powerful albums I've ever heard. IMO Queens Get the Money, America, Slave & The Master, Testify, Project Roach, SlyFox, and Fried Chicken are all classic tracks. I'll agree that AG has better production and it is a good cd, but to me Untitled is a classic and thats aterm I personally don't throw around much. I can understand the gripes about the production on Untitled but some tracks grew on me over time. Only thing Iwould've done is put Make the World Go Round on LAX and put Letter to the King on Untitled.

I must be a Nas stan, but I don't hear all this bad production on Untitled. Sounded pretty solid to me, fit the theme of the album IMO.

Originally Posted by AiRodney23

I must be a Nas stan, but I don't hear all this bad production on Untitled. Sounded pretty solid to me, fit the theme of the album IMO.
i agree. maybe you just have to be in that mood
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom