American Gladiators SEMIFINALS Rd. 2, 8pm PST/EST, Mon 02.11.2008, NBC

roll.gif
@ the chick in red damn near DYING through the blocks at the end.

I checked out Venus' web page and she just loves publicity and being on tv.

The Bachelor: Paris -- Bachelorette -- Next Entertainment/ABC
Temptation Island -- Single Woman -- Rocket Science Labs/FOX
I'd Do Anything -- Featured Competitor -- TWI / ESPN
Scream Play -- Featured Competitor -- E! Entertainment
Star Dates -- Featured Guest -- E! Entertainment
How Do I Look? -- Featured Guest -- E! Entertainment
Lawless -- In-Line Skater -- FOX

and that's just tv.

Am I the only person here that remembers "Battle Dome"? I'm almost embarrassed to admit it, but I knew that I recognized the guy that plays"Titan" from the new American Gladiators from somewhere
roll.gif

SMH I missed tonights episode, I hate night classes.

Looks like nbc.com it is.

Originally Posted by kingdugan

Am I the only person here that remembers "Battle Dome"? I'm almost embarrassed to admit it, but I knew that I recognized the guy that plays "Titan" from the new American Gladiators from somewhere
roll.gif

nah i remember him too. Also T-Money
laugh.gif
as Terry Crews. Great show

the eliminator looks harder than the original.

i think these contestants go all out on the first part, that they are spent for the last half (which are harder courses imo), you can probably take your timeon the swimming and cargo and pace yourself

My only question about the Eliminator is that when it comes to the hand-bike, why don't the contestants just jump down into the pit? There seems to be nopenalty for falling off. So why not just jump into the pit instead of expending energy on the hand-bike, barrel roll, etc...?

^ i think you have to climb back up the course?

i think i can run that course in 1:45
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

My only question about the Eliminator is that when it comes to the hand-bike, why don't the contestants just jump down into the pit? There seems to be no penalty for falling off. So why not just jump into the pit instead of expending energy on the hand-bike, barrel roll, etc...?

Exactly what my brother and I said.

^ Because the QUICKEST thing to do is to hang on to the barrel through the barrel roll and use the hand-bike through that event.

But quickest isn't always easiest.

And the problem I'm seeing so far with that hand-bike is that people are thinking it's just an upper body thing.

I've done that before, and it is NOT an upper body exercise. It is full body, in every sense of the word. You HAVE to synchronize your hands with youropposite leg, and KICK.

So far, everyone I've seen has had their lower body either dead or just convulsing out of sync with their attempt at pedaling with their hands.

You sync your hand with your legs and you fly across that thing; bet that.

We'll see someone do it right, and I guarantee, that person will do exactly what I'm saying.
DMan14 wrote:

laugh.gif

Right now? Sure.

After fighting a bunch of bodybuilding 'roiders for an hour, and one gay guy you're desperately trying to avoid spandex-to-spandex contact with? Idon't think so.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ Because the QUICKEST thing to do is to hang on to the barrel through the barrel roll and use the hand-bike through that event.

But quickest isn't always easiest.

And the problem I'm seeing so far with that hand-bike is that people are thinking it's just an upper body thing.

I've done that before, and it is NOT an upper body exercise. It is full body, in every sense of the word. You HAVE to synchronize your hands with your opposite leg, and KICK.

So far, everyone I've seen has had their lower body either dead or just convulsing out of sync with their attempt at pedaling with their hands.

You sync your hand with your legs and you fly across that thing; bet that.

We'll see someone do it right, and I guarantee, that person will do exactly what I'm saying.
DMan14 wrote:

laugh.gif
Right now? Sure.

After fighting a bunch of bodybuilding 'roiders for an hour, and one gay guy you're desperately trying to avoid spandex-to-spandex contact with? I don't think so.

First bold: Yup. I've done it before as well and it's much easier when you synchronize your hand and leg movements.

Second bold: Yeah, Militia didn't seem too bothered when homeboy was giving him a wedgie.
sick.gif
smh.gif

And I agree that the Eliminator is tough. It's an impressive course. A thirty foot climb while soaking wet probably feels as if you're carrying twiceyour weight. The barrel roll distorts you. The hand-bike further tires your arms (after the 30 ft climb). The pyramid climb seems easy but the"bricks" are so huge that you're taking big steps as well as using your arms to climb them. And the dreaded travelator at that steep incline hasGOT to be murder at the end.

I like the show. I'm sure the ratings were good.

^ I swear, that Travelator is the highlight of the show at this point. Got these fools out there stumbling drunk trying to pull it off.
laugh.gif

So much laughs from the show I can hardly breathe, really entertaining and didn't realize how much I missed it. Hope it sticks around, much better thenthose reality shows....Big Borings.

roll.gif
oh my god i just saw that first show and good god, i laughed sohard i almost broke my ribs
roll.gif
i dont know how they could air that crap.the womens part of the show should be cancelled...
laugh.gif
@ that one littleasian chick falling down Ric Flair style after every event of the eliminator
roll.gif
and then she has the sack to make an emotional speech afterwards like she just didnt look foolish on live television...
roll.gif
@ the black broad spending a whole hour on the rope threadmill thing

Originally Posted by kingdugan

Am I the only person here that remembers "Battle Dome"? I'm almost embarrassed to admit it, but I knew that I recognized the guy that plays "Titan" from the new American Gladiators from somewhere
roll.gif
was battledome the one with og triple og?
laugh.gif

im set

im going into the extreme couture gym and spar wit gina carano

i need to work on my triangle choke
wink.gif
devil.gif

Back
Top Bottom