American Gods (STARZ) Thread

Welp, it was a good, short run. Honestly, I haven’t even gotten around to watching the S2 finale yet. I feel like it became a chore to watch this past season.

Now there’s even less of a reason to tune in.

One episode from finishing off season 1 and I felt like it's been a chore to watch myself. I've only enjoyed three scenes so far.
1. when the black goddess had sex with the white dude
2. when the Leprechaun got his butt whooped by the zombie chick.
3. The speech from Anansi to the black slaves.

Damn not really planning on checking it out since no Anansi and the new "woke" showrunner but that pandemic drought might win.

Damn you can really tell some misguided white on that woke nonsense with the privilege and audacity to say they know what the black viewer wants by taking out Alas I and giving Shadow that hair.

1st ep for the s3 is out there for anybody to what this turned in to.

Last edited:
Damn you can really tell some misguided white on that woke none with the privilege and audacity to say they know what the black viewer wants by taking out Alas I and giving Shadow that hair.

1st ep for the s3 is out there for anybody to what this turned in to.

I always end up falling out of line in season 2 and never finishing it (I've tried multiple times too). Season 3 wasn't even on my radar. What I saw in S2 was not that great, I might just wait for S3 to finish to watch this.

^ Well prepare yourself for more changes

Damn, I didn't even know more actors quit or were fired.. Glover is out.

A lot of ppl who replaced an actor that left prior are also dipping.

Last edited:
Season 2 was such a waste and didn't do anything.

Will check this thread and see the reactions to the season before I even waste more time on this show.

shadow got a new, zesty looking hairstyle.

LOL!!!!!! So they are trying to make the Orishas peaceful now?!?! We shall overcome?!?!
:lol::rofl::lol:

Little do they know that WE KNOW that the Orishas were used for, and then called upon for WAR! This is who Nat Turner called upon..and he was about FREEDOM through war!

They really do have white people in control of that show now, 'eh?!

giphy.gif

I'm not even watching this show anymore after seeing the premiere for this season. The white ppl came in and fired Jones now its on some bull ****.

Do they even explain Anansi's absence? Or is he recast too?

I can’t get into this season, tried watching the last episode a couple times n couldn’t get thru it :lol: :smh:

Master Zik Master Zik they pretty much just ignored that Jones n any other old characters ain’t around anymore

giphy.gif

I'm not even watching this show anymore after seeing the premiere for this season. The white ppl came in and fired Jones now its on some bull ****.

Do they even explain Anansi's absence? Or is he recast too?

Mr. Nancy's character isn't in this portion of the book at all. Even if he wasn't fired...there wouldn't have been an Anansi this season. If they make it to a season 4/5 (less than likely)...then they absolutely would have to re-cast the role.

Mr. Nancy's character isn't in this portion of the book at all. Even if he wasn't fired...there wouldn't have been an Anansi this season. If they make it to a season 4/5 (less than likely)...then they absolutely would have to re-cast the role.
I knew this. Tried to sell this as the reason for the firing.

Didn't watch anything past the first episode. Not surprised.

Fans spoke after the bull **** after last season.
Nobody cares about the characters they highlighted. Nothing cool about a smelly dead white broad. I can’t even wrap my head around why her storyline is still relevant in the 3rd Season. Maybe if they would have given her Life again, but a smelly *** carcass is carrying the show and Anansi is no more? Man ****.
I watched the 1st episode in hopes that it would be a trainwreck and it was so bad I knew it would stay that going forward and I was low key happy about it.

They made the series about the skinny white woman from what I read, then ruined it. Screw’em for not taking it in the direction it should have gone.

If this is how it was presented there would be no issue. "The character isn't in this stretch of the story but has the potential to return" oh aight, no biggie. That's not how it went down.

The problem with the show is that they kept building up this war between the Old Gods and New Gods, but all we got to see was a bunch of talking scenes. On top of that, they fired Orlando Jones who happened to be playing most fans favorite character. I got halfway through the current season before completely giving up on the show.

Back
Top Bottom