American Idol : Mariah Carey week

mariah is looking
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SUGE510212

Originally Posted by Ghenges

Originally Posted by WILLINC

This is like the Apollo on steroids. No matter what Syesha does it's never really good enough, but as soon as a non-minority does a simple run or falsetto he or she "Got Talent!". Yeah it's cool that Randy obviously holds Syesha to a higher standard, but he has to peep how overly critical he is being.
Im glad I aint the only one that sees this. They be goin extra hard on Syesha, the girl can flat out sing.
smh.gif
Syesha is good but far from the best out of the reamining singers. Maybe you all are cutting her slack BECAUSE she's a minority? AI has always been based on talent. No need to pull the race card because there were black winners previously. Syesha's performances (to me) are just boring and un-enthusiastic.
eyes.gif

No race card here (BTW that would be a bit more believable if I said Simon is overly critical of her... not so much Randy). I never said she was the best and honestly as a performer she is not very "memorable" and doesn't add much creativity, but does that mean you have to say "pitchy" every time she takes on the most challenging song of the night and does a good job? Why not just be straightforward and say "you didn't bring much to the table" instead of nit-picking? But since you (Ghenges) are judging on singing ability....I have to say she is absolutely better than a few of the remaining talents, particularly in the female category, and thats not to say the other women are bad. (I almost feel like throwing this in is as bad as saying "I have white friends" but) I mess with Brooke White tough. Either way American Idol is about BOTH singing and performance and I understand that Syesha is a standout in that only one category and that is her downfall (just like many other finalists)
And it's funny that you mentioned that there were previously black winners as if we have a quota and should be satisfied by that....Trust me I know (and believe) David Cook should win for the rockers who have opened the door and have suffered through this competition in all the most recent seasons. He, like Daughtry, has brought a boatload of creativity and tremendous talent.

Yeah and I mean about Syesha.... not like she's going to WIN anyway...
The 3 people that really have a chanceof winning are David Cook, David Archuleta, and Jason Castro.

Originally Posted by JPZx

The 3 people that really have a chance of winning are David Cook, David Archuleta, and Jason Castro Carly Smithson.

Carly would be probably my #3 but Jason Castro's fan base is apparently way bigger then hers & the girls love Jason.

Personally though I don't particularly like Jason.

Really though it's MORE then likely going to be David vs David for the wholething.

Back
Top Bottom