American Sniper

He became obsessed with the other sniper, he wanted to prove he was better than him and took crazy pride in the fact dudes had put a bounty on his head even though he had kids back home to get to...even his boy that got his face blown told him to back down...in the end when he got the sniper from a mile away, he did it knowing it will put his whole squad at risk...he was a cocky, selfish individual only concern with his own gratification...once he got his shot, only then was he ready to come home...the only time the movie made him likeable was at the end, when he opted to help veterans cope with loss and injury.

Bootleg theater tonight.

Just watching for entertainment only because dude lied a lot and I can't support that or even wanting to shoot people after Katrina. POS ain't getting a dime from me. Him or Ventura.

do soldiers who lose limbs in war resent soldiers who dont?

i always wondered if there was any resentment there

Didn't like that they didn't show the 'end'.

I'm sure they could have gotten some sort of story from the guy who killed him. 

Yes, I know it's based on a true story, blah blah, but would've rather seen more of that story than the revenge against the olympian syrian

Last edited:
Didn't like that they didn't show the 'end'.

I'm sure they could have gotten some sort of story from the guy who killed him. 

Yes, I know it's based on a true story, blah blah, but would've rather seen more of that story than the revenge against the olympian syrian

so you wanted to see him capped? :smh:

we all know the real end to his life

Bootleg theater tonight.

Just watching for entertainment only because dude lied a lot and I can't support that or even wanting to shoot people after Katrina. POS ain't getting a dime from me. Him or Ventura.
laugh.gif

i know right

and dude supposly kills the other sniper from over 1 mile away.. yea right

Dismissing this film solely because of Kyle's apparently lousy real world persona is kind of silly.

There are quite a few very good movies that are based on the lives of wretched human beings.

so you wanted to see him capped? :smh:

we all know the real end to his life

Lincoln gets "capped"
MLK gets "capped"
JFK gets "capped"
Malcolm X gets "capped"

Yet, we all knew the real way their lives ended beforehand; but the audacity of them showing it on film.

We see how countless seals were killed but Kyle? God forbid they showed more of that part of his story.

Last edited:
Dismissing this film solely because of Kyle's apparently lousy real world persona is kind of silly.

There are quite a few very good movies that are based on the lives of wretched human beings.

True, but not all of them are looked at as "heros". This is a type of movie that ratchets up blind patriotism which coincidentally released a week after the Paris attacks.

He became obsessed with the other sniper, he wanted to prove he was better than him and took crazy pride in the fact dudes had put a bounty on his head even though he had kids back home to get to...even his boy that got his face blown told him to back down...in the end when he got the sniper from a mile away, he did it knowing it will put his whole squad at risk...he was a cocky, selfish individual only concern with his own gratification...once he got his shot, only then was he ready to come home...the only time the movie made him likeable was at the end, when he opted to help veterans cope with loss and injury.

Just read sniper was fake added to the movie to make it more exciting

Lincoln gets "capped"
MLK gets "capped"
JFK gets "capped"
Malcolm X gets "capped"

Yet, we all knew the real way their lives ended beforehand; but the audacity of them showing it on film.

We see how countless seals were killed but Kyle? God forbid they showed more of that part of his story.

except that trial hasn't even happened yet

Story was OK

Cooper was great

Editing was piss poor

Sound editing was good though

direction was god awful

How the **** do you not spend more time inside Kyle's post-war mind?

They rushed the hell out of the ending, and didn't spend enough time with the trauma itself

Was really hoping for more with the ending

That last scene with the sandstorm was wild

IDK if I'm going to watch this flick.

Hearing/seeing that it's drumming up a lot of anti-muslim sentiment online.

Def feels like a propaganda film.

IDK if I'm with all that, and I love a good war movie.

Prolly just going to wait 'til it hits netflix down the line.

:smh:.......

Back
Top Bottom