America's 50 best cities

http://images.businessweek.com/slideshows/2012-09-26/americas-50-best-cities.html#slide51
San Francisco ranked #1
pimp.gif
Dope! 

Want to move to SF or Seattle though..maybe portland... Hows the :pimp: in seattle? :nerd:
Some of the best in the country. All the stuff you find from, say, the Bay Area up through Vancouver, BC is top notch, cheap, and plentiful :pimp:

Chicago > your city

Not being in a gang = I have zero fear of getting shot

And I live on the Southwest Side. There's so many areas, particularly on the North Side and obviously downtown, where gang violence is the very last thing on people's minds. Y'all are too afraid to survive in my city anyways...

That being said, you needa get **** done Rahm. Too many kids killing each other out there, along with the myriad of other things that have worsened while he's been in office.

Oakland is on this list? And ahead of San Jose and even LA? lol Trash list. Might as well put East Palo Alto up there. Half of these cities aren't as nice as towns like Palo Alto, Los Gatos, Saratoga or even Los Altos SMH

Last edited:
Can't say im surprised Florida doesn't have any cities on the list.

Edit: Tampa made the list? Eh I guess.

Last edited:
Chicago 28 but DC is 3? Hell no! DC blows!
I don't think it blows but it shouldn't be as high as it is, but thats my opinion.

DC gets a big mehhhhh from me. I guess since I went to school in the city and got to see most of the stuff these lists always talk about, it gets old fast, especially since DC so small.

Also, the cost of living is almost comparable to Manhattan so unless you are making really decent money, living comfortably IN THE CITY (not that silly "DMV" label) is harder to do. 

Buuuuut there are a decent amount of opportunities to make good money and there is a higher women to men ratio who are highly educated, making decent money.

Last edited:
Pittsburgh #11?!? foh I mean its nice, but having it ranked that far ahead of my home, Philly, is asinine, asiten, aseleven!! Everybody at school wants to get out of here when we graduate :lol: And they mention air quality with Philly?! I feel like I cut 4 yrs off my life breathing this smog in the burgh :smh:

New Orleans is higher than ATL and Houston... all is well 
roll.gif

High crime left us out of the top ten, but 14 is legit.

#22 HOUSTON :pimp: . I LOVE IT HERE.

PITTSBURGH AT #11 IS THE SECOND BIGGEST SHOCK AFTER L.A. BEING #50. I LIVED THERE FOR 3 YEARS WHEN I WENT TO THE UNIV. OF PITT. THAT CITY IS STRAIGHT TRASH.

NO MEMPHIS :frown: . I GUESS FIRST 48 KILLED US :lol:

:wow: :wow: :wow:

Milwaukee
Population: 593,545

Milwaukee’s got good air quality and better brews. In the 1970s, America met the fictitious "Shotz Brewery" of Laverne & Shirley. In real life, the Miller Brewing Co. maintains its regional headquarters in the hometown of the “Brew Crew,” the nickname for local major league baseball team the Milwaukee Brewers. With fewer than 600,000 residents, the city still boasts 390 bars, which is a lot per capita. And did we mention the sausages?

Bars: 390
Restaurants: 947
Museums: 20
Libraries: 30
Pro sports teams: 2
Park acres per 1,000 residents: 16 (countywide)
Colleges: 12
Percent with graduate degree: 5.4
Median household income: $44,113
Percent unemployed: 9.4

Mind Blown.

I can't believe my city ranked that high. I don't personally think it should be ranked that high.

Back
Top Bottom