An Emotional interview with Pat Tillman's brother by Bill Maher

I saw the interview last Friday. Dude is wild for the stuff he said at the funeral. Man's in possession of some high grade intestinal fortitude.

Been wanting to watch this docu since.

FYI: Guy who directed also made A Kid Could Paint That which is also great.

I saw the interview last Friday. Dude is wild for the stuff he said at the funeral. Man's in possession of some high grade intestinal fortitude.

Been wanting to watch this docu since.

FYI: Guy who directed also made A Kid Could Paint That which is also great.

Good for him and what he said at that funeral. I believe in God, but that was offensive. I need to see this documentary.

Good for him and what he said at that funeral. I believe in God, but that was offensive. I need to see this documentary.

i wanna know what was the point of covering up this man's death. he had everything and gave it up to fight for what he thought was right. 
mad.gif
RIP Pat Tillman

i wanna know what was the point of covering up this man's death. he had everything and gave it up to fight for what he thought was right. 
mad.gif
RIP Pat Tillman

Originally Posted by VanillaFreak13

I had no idea people really found it offensive.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Hell yes it's offensive!  Why wouldn't it be?  You have some politician saying ridiculous religious jargon in the name of someone non-religious! That's offensive.  If someone came to my funeral and started to pontificate on some heavenly tip, my parents would be upset (and they are somewhat religious).  Don't co-opt someone's death to further your religious beliefs and political agenda.

Hell yes it's offensive!  Why wouldn't it be?  You have some politician saying ridiculous religious jargon in the name of someone non-religious! That's offensive.  If someone came to my funeral and started to pontificate on some heavenly tip, my parents would be upset (and they are somewhat religious).  Don't co-opt someone's death to further your religious beliefs and political agenda.

Everyone wants to talk about how we should respect all the people fighting for our freedom... no... we respect guys like Pat Tillman.

Everyone wants to talk about how we should respect all the people fighting for our freedom... no... we respect guys like Pat Tillman.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Aww man that sucks someone would get offended. Its like a best wishes but whatever.

Aww man that sucks someone would get offended. Its like a best wishes but whatever.

best wishes? Wishes aren't bringing a murdered man back.

Originally Posted by doyung9

So when are you getting your new cape captain obvious?

That's not the point, the point is that you have no business bringing your personal beliefs onto someone who's a no believer.  Like his brother said, non-believers don't go to churches and funerals of people who believe in a higher being and say "well I hope he rests well in the dirt 6 feet under, he's not going to any afterlife or anything."  Now a believer would take that as an offense as in how is he saying there's no afterlife.  People need to understand that it's a two way street, and non-believers shouldn't get the short end of the stick.

That's not the point, the point is that you have no business bringing your personal beliefs onto someone who's a no believer.  Like his brother said, non-believers don't go to churches and funerals of people who believe in a higher being and say "well I hope he rests well in the dirt 6 feet under, he's not going to any afterlife or anything."  Now a believer would take that as an offense as in how is he saying there's no afterlife.  People need to understand that it's a two way street, and non-believers shouldn't get the short end of the stick.

Back
Top Bottom