"And in this 2008 NBA Draft, the Wizards select..."

Who's on y'all radar for this year's Wizards 1st round pick?

Personally, since we passed on Sean Williams for Young in last year's draft (which I'm still 50/50 about), I think Joe Dorsey from Memphis is anobrainer to select...

Although I feel like a P.R. move is coming, and Hibbert being the selection if he's available...
smh.gif

**the creator of this thread is trying his best to not talk about Cleveland series**

well to me, Draft talk can be put on the backburner because I hope the home team gives LeTravel and those scrubs the works.

Wizards in 6. maybe 5.

Upgraded bench which was non-existant last year and year before.
Haywood, totally different player this year.
Defense slightly better which was non-existant last year and the year before.
Full Roster.

Cavs don't stand a chance, guaranteed.

I do agree that we might end up targeting Hibbert
smh.gif

yea they should do decent in the playoffs so the pick might not be super high as previous years....

They need a half way descent big man, but if Arenas ops out, they will need a point guard.

I think Hibbert or DJ White if Arenas stays, but if he leaves, I would go with DJ Augistin from Texas.

Robin Lopez

Ty Lawson (assuming he isn't coming back)

and...I might get flamed, but Tyler Hansbrough....I could see him being a David Lee type, but with more scoring touch...doesn't do much for our interior D,but if Lopez is gone and all quality PG's are nowhere to be found, I wouldn't mind Hansbrough being a Wizard next season (assuming he declares aswell).

I think Dorsey is going at the end of Round 1 or early Round 2....I think that selecting him anywhere between #15-#25 is WAY too high...

^
- I still think, at the end of the day, Tyler is going to need the ball to be somewhat effective in the NBA. I think Kansas showed him up in the Final Fourwith their big men, and my opinion of him has drastically decreased since that game.

I think the Wizards just need a big guy who is fearless, strong, and hyper defensively, who won't need the ball offensively to be effective... Paying him arookie salary.

The NFL is a "need" draft. I don't see why the NBA can't be sometimes. I won't be mad if they get Dorsey @ #20, and Maybe Gist (from MD)in the 2nd round, forget the experts, we need live bodies on the bench who are NOT guards, lol. If we lose Arenas, I'd rather get a vet. PG and have himsplit time with Daniels, as opposed to bring in a rookie at that position.

IF Robin Lopez was a shot blocker, he'd be somewhat on my radar. But he's a scrub.

- I just think we need to chalk up Etan as a "Lozeno Williams" deal and cut him for real.

I think the only reason they didn't let Etan go to the Bucks (besides needing a big body) was for the "competition" he and Haywood had going. Iguess the belief was, if they are fighting each other for time, you'll get the best out of both of them everynight. It's a fair argument that theHaywood we have gotten this year may be due to Etan somewhat.

I think we got the maximum we're ever going to get out of Haywood this season. He may duplicate what he did this season for another couple years, but Ireally can't see "improving" from this point on.

the wiz always need a big man....its been how many years now? lol expect another swingman or guard...like they dont have enough already...smh

I sat and watched Hibbert against Dorsey last summer on the Select team...and if you'd rather have Dorsey than him...so be it. But I gurantee you comedraft day...no GM will make that move. Call him soft...call him goofy...call him what you want...but he is so much more advanced than Dorsey it's not evenfunny.

The main thing with Hibbert is you can't teach height...so he will go high regardless...

I hope the Wizards don't draft Dorsey. He is 25 years old and getting crushed by kids 5 years younger than him. Plus in the NBA, at 25, people already have10 years pro experience. I'd rather get Hibbert.

I'm not dogging Hibbert's game, I just don't see him fitting Coach Jordan's system. He'll slow it down IMO.

And, IMO, He's another player who needs the ball to be effective.

I'd rather have a live body banger for 3 years who will give us some energy and rebounding off the bench, and the only legit candidate I see is Dorsey...

whatever the wiz do, i hope they do not take hibbert. i would not be able to watch him play in that jersey.

Originally Posted by xcg11pinoYx

well to me, Draft talk can be put on the backburner because I hope the home team gives LeTravel and those scrubs the works.

Wizards in 6. maybe 5.

Upgraded bench which was non-existant last year and year before.
Haywood, totally different player this year.
Defense slightly better which was non-existant last year and the year before.
Full Roster.

Cavs don't stand a chance, guaranteed.

I do agree that we might end up targeting Hibbert
smh.gif
LMAO!!! yet another year where I can dismiss a Wiz fan...

^you sound like a typical school girl in the sports forum. wait till the series is over.

Back
Top Bottom