...And now for the worst rap "list" of the year. Vol. Complex 30 rappers in their 30's

This list is so comically terrible words actually fail me.

http://www.complex.com/music/2012/08/the-30-best-rappers-in-their-30s/

For those of you on your phone or at work I'll type it out.

1. Eminem
2. Kanye
3. Nas
4. Andre 3000
5. Rick Ross
6. 2 Chainz
7. Pusha T
8. Danny Brown
9. Jeezy
10. Lupe
11. Big Boi
12. Jay Electronica
13. Curren$y
14. Juicy J
15. Fabolous
16. 50 Cent
17. Cam'Ron
18. Bun B
19. El-P
20. Royce da 5'9
21. T.I.
22. Jadakiss
23. Killer Mike
24. Joe Budden
25. Mos Def
26. Pharrell
27. The Game
28. Ludacris
29. Talib Kweli
30. Prodigy

Discuss

how in the world did they rate Rick Ross so high.....
mean.gif

If the list is based on relevance? Seems quite accurate to me. I'm sure you cats want every Wu and Boot Camp member up there though.

If its based on relevance, how is Eminem #1? Dude hasnt made any kind of noise recently.

This list is just terrible :rofl:

2 Chainz is rated way too high, they mustve not heard dudes album smh
Such a disappointment and I didnt even expect much from a rapper like him

EDIT: I just noticed Em at #1 and worst that Danny Brown is over Curren$y :x

Last edited:
to be completely honest Im tired of all these ******...I think they're scared of the new generation

Em :pimp:

2 Chainz at #6 though :x

Pharrell on the list at all :x :x

Wait..huh?
How are Danny Brown, Jay Electronica and 50 more relevant than Ludacris and T.I.

Well i'm speaking more on the list of names on the list. I didn't know the list was in order. I just thought they named the 30 rappers in their 30's. I guess the order is debatable but I was speaking more on the names. The list is comprised of artists with buzz and artists who are still relevant and still make songs to this day. Its accurate on that front. In the order? Not so much. Seems like a list just to put Danny Brown on it.

Well i'm speaking more on the list of names on the list. I didn't know the list was in order. I just thought they named the 30 rappers in their 30's. I guess the order is debatable but I was speaking more on the names. The list is comprised of artists with buzz and artists who are still relevant and still make songs to this day. Its accurate on that front. In the order? Not so much. Seems like a list just to put Danny Brown on it.

My bad, should've said that.

I'm not really disagreeing with who's on the list (although I think Gucci should be on there). But you have to admit the order (whether by music quality or relevance) is still very suspect.

I'm guessing it's based on who is hot?

2 Chainz, Pharrell and Rick Ross even being on that list in comical enough.

Killer Mike being rated so low, Budden as well.

If its based on relevance, how is Eminem #1? Dude hasnt made any kind of noise recently.
This list is just terrible
roll.gif
relevant as in this year , perhaps.

but he's the best selling rapper of all time , and his last album did 4 mill and had two number 1 singles , 

all things considered he's one of the better choices they made.which of course isn't saying much

but i don't know how danny brown got that high , i might have to check him out

How I'd look at it is, if all 30 of those dudes dropped a new song at the same time, in which order would the general population be checking for it...so the first five is straight, IMO...

The rest of the order is a little wacky, tho...and my dude Freddie Gibbs need to be on that list... 

And Pharrell? Man, please...

How I'd look at it is, if all 30 of those dudes dropped a new song at the same time, in which order would the general population be checking for it...so the first five is straight, IMO...
The rest of the order is a little wacky, tho...and my dude Freddie Gibbs need to be on that list... 
And Pharrell? Man, please...

but the list is titled the 30 BEST rappers over 30. not "hottest" "most relevant" "most popular"

Em hasn't put together a solid album in over 10 years fam...rhyming acrobats doesn't equate to being a # 1 MC.

Since The Eminem Show it's been downhill...not one solid album since and dudes at the top of the list.

I don't get it...

Back
Top Bottom