and we're done

People are saying Knicks can play with anyone and that is very true, my issue is what they do down the stretch and the play calling.

You need to execute for 48 minutes not 46-47.
Agreed, and that's definitely on Woodson to be more creative with the plays and the players to not be so quick to quit on moving the ball and go iso.

The implications are more serious than one loss.. It shows Woodson is still relying far too heavily with isolation when he should be more creative.

If our best player was there, it would have been an iso again. It would have been better to let Melo do it, of course, but it's predictable.

They're going to need more than that to beat teams over a 7 game series.

I agree with HTTB and Mez. Obviously as a fan I still wanted the win but I was encouraged by the teams defense tonight. Other players have to step up offensively though.

The implications are more serious than one loss.. It shows Woodson is still relying far too heavily with isolation when he should be more creative.

If our best player was there, it would have been an iso again. It would have been better to let Melo do it, of course, but it's predictable.

tommykairaa after JR misses that 3 pointer

TommyKairaa after JR misses the gamewinner

Last edited:
someone photoshop either to that Francis pic.....along with pink donuts scattered :lol:

Philadelphia+Eagles+v+Dallas+Cowboys+Wild+zQD8K3YG17Rl.jpg

Romo-on-the-ground.jpg

Last edited:
Moral victories are cool sometimes but I can't roll w/ it right now.

Yeah we're missing our best player...we're also in the middle of a rough stretch in March and about to go on a 5 game West coast road trip. Russ and JR essentially switched places, the defense was there for almost all 48 minutes and KD didn't go completely off...now it becomes a very winnable game. If KD or Russ beat you in the 4th, you tip your hat and keep it moving. Instead we took one stupid shot after another down the stretch and made it real easy on OKC to defend us.

You gotta win games that are right there for the taking. We caught them on an off night and couldn't capitalize.
Of course it's an iso play.  Why am I not surprised?  It's all he did in Atlanta w/ Joe Johnson.  Woodson has NO  offensive imagination whatsoever.  This guy will be out-coached in the playoffs and his track record only proves it.
That's what I've been afraid of.
ohwell.gif

Wanna know the difference between great/good coaches and everyone else? Look up yesterday's Celtics vs. Pacers game and see what Boston ran for the final play. That win was ALL on Doc and his staff.

Mind you, if JR hits the shot we're all in here celebrating and everything is forgotten...but that still doesn't excuse what we saw in the final few minutes.

*nods head in agreement*

I'm not gonna put it all on Woodson because our offense was ****** for the whole last quarter and guys were taking it upon themselves to be heroes...but when it was his time to get things right, he doesn't run anything for STAT and is transparent as hell (yet again) for the final play. That type of **** is concerning man.

pr0ph not crediting P.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
Last shots are mostly iso plays. It comes down wether you can it or not.

I just had a problem with the spacing. I was hoping he could at least do the famous step back everyone hates

JR gotta drive that ball on the last play. He had so much space to do what he wanted. But a fadaway?
indifferent.gif
He had the baseline if he wanted to,
mean.gif
Especially if the whole Thunder and Knick team are on the right side of the court.

This is the same set play he did earlier in the game

http://www.nba.com/games/20130307/OKCNYK/gameinfo.html?ls=iref:nbahpgt[0021200913]

Iso JR, both OKC and NYK clear out on the left side however JR takes it to the hole.

Last play was tough on us. I would've felt better about it had JR came off a screen or something. We had 8 seconds to set up a play. Games like this is where you miss Melo at the end.

I liked how we played through the game. That defense from earlier in the season showed up and this game is a confidence booster for the team. I hate moral victories, but this one is a significant one.

Knicks showed a lot of heart last night and showed they can play with the best of them.

This loss doesn't mean anything to us. IDK what you guys are talking about. We were there till the end and gave OKC a scare. These guys score 100+ every game and we held them down to 95. I wish they didn't call those BS fouls on Kmart when he was on Durant. Especially that flagrant foul :smh:

I'm disappointed with some of you guys though. How are you gonna say we're gonna get blown out by 30 on our home court? Have more pride for the home team, guys.

On to the next game.

13 4thQ points was the reason we lost. The defense was great tonight besides the 1stQ, We held OKC to 36 2nd half points which should have been enough. Poor offensive execution and Knicks went 3point happy in the 4th was their downfall.

JR gotta drive that ball on the last play. He had so much space to do what he wanted. But a fadaway?
indifferent.gif
He had the baseline if he wanted to,
mean.gif
Especially if the whole Thunder and Knick team are on the right side of the court.

This is the same set play he did earlier in the game

http://www.nba.com/games/20130307/OKCNYK/gameinfo.html?ls=iref:nbahpgt[0021200913]

Iso JR, both OKC and NYK clear out on the left side however JR takes it to the hole.
especially since we were down 1, could have possibly drawn a foul.  tie game do what u want.  

In all honesty, I was surprised to see the Knicks being close to the end. I'm not one for moral victories but I'll take it.

And Pmatic, sorry :lol:

@TheRealJRSmith Shoulda went to the hole like u bro! RT @KingJames: @TheRealJRSmith going HAM in the Garden right now on TNT! #fuego

Back
Top Bottom