Anderson "The Spider" Silva (MMA Fighter) signs sponsorship deal with NIKE

anderson-silva-nike-sponsorship.jpg

Sao Paulo, August 2, 2011 - Anderson "The Spider" Silva is the new star of the Brazilian team of Nike athletes. The Curitiba 36, considered by many as the best MMA fighter (Mixed Martial Arts) in history, entered the final stages of preparation for the fight against Japan's Yushin Okami, Aug. 27, in Rio de Janeiro. The match against the only fighter who defeated him in the last six years promises to ratify the condition of Anderson Silva as a fighter hottest in the world.

"Listening to the voice of the athlete is the essence of the culture of Nike.Being able to have an athlete the caliber of Anderson Silva among our partners is a great honor for us. "Said Louis Alexander, director of Sports Marketing for Nike in Brazil.

In addition to Anderson, the U.S. company has a contract with the Filipino Pacquiao Many, probably the best boxer, pound for pound, today. Among other athletes, sponsors Nike golfer Tiger Woods, NBA stars LeBron James and Kobe Bryant, Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Maria Sharapova in tennis and Paula Radcliffe in athletics.

"Being part of this team is something every athlete dreams. I am very proud and I have to thank Nike for trusting in my talent, "said Anderson.

Follow on Twitter @ nikemediabrasil

Anderson's bout to be 37 right? Dude gets the most money in MMA, this Nike deal is even better.

Jon Jones should've been a Nike guy instead of signing to K Swiss

Man, can't wait to get some Nike Spider gear. Hope it drops stateside like Pacquiao stuff. I always called the Tour Yellow Kobe VI's the Anderson's lol.

Not a big fan of Anderson but I like the idea. I hope Nike will be able to sign more fighters in the future.

I would love to see some apparel roll out for his fight at UFC 134 on Aug. 27.  I can now anticipate purchasing a collection of another favorite fighter, along with Manny Pacquiao.

Nike should go to car racing too... sniping lewis Hamilton from Reebok is a good start... Looks like F1 drivers wear a lot of dri fit shirt.

maybe Nike should sign another Brazilian pro Skater Bob Burnquist.  I looked up and found out that last year he was dropped by his shoe sponsor IPATH.  

^ agreed... I'm tired of all the shirts sporting skulls & stylish gibberish & whatnot..

Is this signing to counter GSP being signed to Under Armor?

Interesting to see who else Nike will sign - maybe hopefully they can get some more MMA athletes under the Swoosh.

He's more part of Nike Brasil. Nike's sponsored other fighters before. The most notable I can think of is Caol Uno who had his own line of clothes/shoes with Nike.
Chael Sonnen trained at Nike's facilities and Rampage Jackson was featured in one of their commercials

I'd love to see some Silva media or gear, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

too bad I see this guy retiring in 3 years > same with Pac.

I hope Nike jumped on those 2 guys earlier.

Anyhow, looking forward to see what Nike has in store

i still remember him and his team wearing adidas tracksuits every fight. lol

good for him, he deserves it.

I bought bought both of those, Jones got like 5 shirts and anderson gets 2... Smh I wish they'd release the spider knows shirt

I missed out on the Bones Knows official Nike shirts. Really want a black Spider Knows official Nike shirt as well

Nike Las Vegas has both Anderson Knows t shirts. I think they do phone orders, too, (702) 650-8888.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom