andriod or ios

great another one of these ok let me start it off

android >>>>>>apple

Android is so much more capable, fun and customizable. iOS feels like a toy in comparison.

But iOS is much smoother and reliable.

Android is the far superior Mobile OS overall IMO but apple makes excellently designed products that just work.

I always buy iPhones but get tired with them within weeks. iOS is BORING.

I'm hoping WindowsPhone 8 is the best of both worlds.

No correct answer. All a matter of preference. As I stated in thenexus7 thread, i'm too deep in the google eco system. Way to easy to just put in my email, and automatically get my apps, contacts, songs, etc. This alone makes me gravitate towards Android.
And people, please stop comparing mid/low level Android devices to the 4s. That argument its weak.
In before fanboyism/ people getting butt hurt over an operating system.

is that gonna have 4g?

the new iphone is "supposed" to be 4G, but if it's not come Sept 12?, this entire debate is moot then.

The next iphone that comes out this fall is going to level the playing field because right now, there is no comparison between Android phones running on 4G LTE and the iPhone 4S still on 3G.

If you're in the market for a new phone, you should wait until the new iphone comes out (hopefully within a month) and then you can make an informed decision. If your phone is dead and you need a phone, then that's the only reason you should be getting a new phone right now. otherwise wait.

Rooting them needs to become easier. I want ICS and I'm too afraid to root and mess it up. Jailbreaking was so much easier.

Tetsujin sent me a few links before and it just seemed like too much work.
Thing is, it's become way easier than it first was
laugh.gif

Rooting a G1 for the first time was insane
mean.gif

Having an ipod touch, I get all I want out of apple device and love it

Can't see myself leaving Android ever in the phone.

I used to work at one of the 2 companies being discussed and an Software Engineering Manager told me once: "I use an iPhone because I sit in front of my computer 12 hours a day designing, programming, testing and when I leave that desk, I want a phone that is fun."
He continued by saying that he saw his phone as more of a social/gaming device and he didn't care if Windows Phone or Android were more "powerful".

Honestly, I still don't understand his claim completely, maybe some of you can chime in. I use Android, simply because it was a lower price point at the time and I've stuck with it. My upgrade is due in October, so I'll wait to see the iPhone 5 and compare to the S3 or Nexus or (recommendation?)

Last edited:
This thread is gonna be like 1998 Source Award concert chairs and gunshots will be exchanged.

If you know me, you know what im about. :smokin

I used to work at one of the 2 companies being discussed and an Software Engineering Manager told me once: "I use an iPhone because I sit in front of my computer 12 hours a day designing, programming, testing and when I leave that desk, I want a phone that is fun."
He continued by saying that he saw his phone as more of a social/gaming device and he didn't care if Windows Phone or Android were more "powerful".

Honestly, I still don't understand his claim completely, maybe some of you can chime in. I use Android, simply because it was a lower price point at the time and I've stuck with it.

Apple has more apps?

Rooting them needs to become easier. I want ICS and I'm too afraid to root and mess it up. Jailbreaking was so much easier.

When I rooted .. It was more or less just copy and paste. Is that the way you did it?

Last edited:
Galaxy Nexus on 4.1 is my current phone :smokin

IMO Android >> iOS but i want to see what Windows Phone 8 has to offer (lifelong PC user)

Im sure it's easy now. I remember jail breaking/unlocking iphones in the beginning was a epic journey with heart dropping suspense at every turn. now its just plugging it in and clicking your mouse/trackpad

been on android since it came out. 

will get the next gen iphone if the screen is 4" and the ios is different. if its new hardware + same boring icon tiles, i will stay with android

Honestly, I still don't understand his claim completely, maybe some of you can chime in. I use Android, simply because it was a lower price point at the time and I've stuck with it.
Apple has more apps?

When I rooted .. It was more or less just copy and paste. Is that the way you did it?
I didnt even attempt it to be honest, I watched the video then went to XDA to see steps needed to get ICS for my phone (I have the Motorola Photon) and just gave up

Im sure it's easy now. I remember jail breaking/unlocking iphones in the beginning was a epic journey with heart dropping suspense at every turn. now its just plugging it in and clicking your mouse/trackpad
I remember that. I didnt even bother with jailbreaking idevices until the whole, DFU mode click one button thing came about. Android needs to get there.

. . . but i want to see what Windows Phone 8 has to offer (lifelong PC user)

I had bad experiences with the previous Windows Mobile phones. I hated them (their philosophy then was let's run a version of XP on a phone), so I'm going to stay away from Windows Phone. I understand the new Windows Phone is rebuilt and optimized for mobile devices, BUT I still have a bad taste in my mouth when I hear Windows on anything other than a desktop PC or laptop.

Android, but I dont use apple products so my opinion is biased

Android all the way.
Been debating on getting the new iphone but ios is pretty boring.

Three pages in and still no post from usainboltisfast?

eek.gif

As for the question, I've never owned an android so I won't say which is better. But I've also never had a problem with my iphone. 

And I really don't understand the point of this thread. Somebody tell you your phones sucks or something?

If Android weren't so damn slow I would pick it any day over an Appple product.

A stock iOS product sucks however. Unless you tweak it to its full potential, then you might as well save yourself the extra money.

repped this man knows :pimp:

galaxy nexus owner checking in
android >>>>>>>>>>>>

If Android weren't so damn slow I would pick it any day over an Appple product.

A stock iOS product sucks however. Unless you tweak it to its full potential, then you might as well save yourself the extra money.

you messing with the wrong phones if they slow
try a galaxy nexus s3 or a htc one x and tell me if its slow :lol:

Last edited:
If you want to do the basics and have access to a ton of Apps go IOS.

If you want to customize and dont mind tinkering then get Android.

I prefer my phone to just work without rooting or custom ROMs. IOS just works but it is limited in certain things like using your phone as a USB drive and being forced to use iTunes. 

Android is so much more capable, fun and customizable. iOS feels like a toy in comparison.

But iOS is much smoother and reliable.

Android is the far superior Mobile OS overall IMO but apple makes excellently designed products that just work.

I always buy iPhones but get tired with them within weeks. iOS is BORING.

I'm hoping WindowsPhone 8 is the best of both worlds.

I had Windows Mobile phone back in the day, when HTC was really holding it down.
MS needs to not lock down WP8 as much as it did with WP7. Hopefully they can surprise us...might be a stretch though

Back
Top Bottom