Antoine Winfield will retire a Viking

Props to the most underrated CB in the game. Glad I get to see him in the Purp and Yellow for what will probably be the duration of his career.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/v...8cyaiUo8cyaiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUr

Winfield agrees to five-year extension

Cornerback Antoine Winfield has signed a five-year contract extension.

Here's the contract details from startribune.com's Judd Zulgad: It's a five-year contract worth $36 million, including $16.1 in guarantees and a few likely to be earned incentives that will push up the value the first few seasons. He is scheduled to make $6.1 million this season but with likely incentives he should make around $7.5 million.

"It actually happened at the perfect time," Winfield said. "I was telling [agent] Ashanti Webb, 'Let's try and get something done before camp.' I'm definitely glad to get it done and now will go in and play like I've been playing - 100 miles per hour and not have to worry."

Come back to startribune.com later for more details.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Props to the most underrated CB in the game.
20jets.1.600.jpg

Great news...the only thing is I wasn't expecting that many years, that seems like a lot for how old he is already. Or is that just me? I could see themmaybe moving him to safety later in his career by the way.

This play
46b260c1f98d853ee114c2bfac0e36badd76d152.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

Great news...the only thing is I wasn't expecting that many years, that seems like a lot for how old he is already. Or is that just me? I could see them maybe moving him to safety later in his career by the way.

This play
46b260c1f98d853ee114c2bfac0e36badd76d152.gif
I remember this game, he was a monster the entire game, best player on the field for sure.

As for the contract, it's a bit lengthy for his age, 32, meaning he will be 37 when the contract expires. I would have loved to see a 3-yr deal, but I canlive with 5-yrs
smile.gif

Contract years generally mean nothing, we know that.

Antoine should be high level for few more years so this contract looks good on both sides IMO.

Back
Top Bottom