Any 25 & over NTers Already In School Or Planning On Going Back?

I wanna be a Cop or CO, i dont wanna go the school route though
30t6p3b.gif

i was thinking military/national guard then becoming a MP and using that.

Started studying for the gmat. Hopefully I can get into a nice program for Fall 2013.

Continuing your education is usually a good idea if you feel like you want to advance or change careers.

25. hoping to go back sometime this year.. but these random @*@ trips ive been taking aint helping...

1 more year of schooling would do wonders for me!

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by allout46

Forget your employer! be in it to win it for yourself as they are doing the same.
Good words to live by 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

question... how hard is it to save up your money, then pay it out of pocket from that stashed paper?

i'm looking to save 50K over three years to ease the blow when i go get my MBA at 27

i think i can do it b/c i dont have a car note, kids, and live relatively moderate. 

i think on a 40K salary, it would be tough, but doable...... and easy on on 60-70K salary...

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by MMG

I wanna be a Cop or CO, i dont wanna go the school route though
30t6p3b.gif

i was thinking military/national guard then becoming a MP and using that.
you can be a CO in the military too.  One of the guys in my platoon used to be a Brig Guard (Marines btw), but MP's are the worst (no thread derail)

Originally Posted by ricky409

Forget your employer! be in it to win it for yourself as they are doing the same.
Good words to live by 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

question... how hard is it to save up your money, then pay it out of pocket from that stashed paper?

i'm looking to save 50K over three years to ease the blow when i go get my MBA at 27

i think i can do it b/c i dont have a car note, kids, and live relatively moderate. 

i think on a 40K salary, it would be tough, but doable...... and easy on on 60-70K salary...

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
You mean pay for your MBA out of your pocket?

29 and thinking about...bout to leave my job, biggest issue is i'm still not sure what i want to do in life. But i'm not going to commit to school (and more debt) until i figure that out.

im 22. did 2 terms and left.. i dont get aide and i  gotta help out my mom.. but you CANT give up.. in this world/life education is everything.. i rather be broke with a degree and education....

I'm 23, and I've been out of college since I got my bachelor's degree in 2010.  I'm currently working part time at Wal-Mart and recently had to resign my accounting job at the Commissary because of several factors.  Still looking for a full-time job as far as my field is concerned.  I've been doing my very best improving my resume, getting interview tips, and repolishing my accounting skills ever since I graduated.

I have finished taking the GMAT earlier this month, got a good enough score to get in the Master of Accountancy program at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, and submitted my application and other necessary documents to get into the program.  Now I'm waiting to hear back from admissions, probably next week.  I've decided to go back to school to help further my chances in getting a job.  It's tough.
30t6p3b.gif

Good words to live by 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Its possible. I paid off 15k in back child support in 6 months back in 09'. Two full time jobs and was going to school. I paid off the child support but by that time I was hurting. My home life was all sleep. I moved in a friend to save on rent and utilities. Rode my bike to work and school. Lost major weight in the process. I stopped after I was an hour late to one of my full times.

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

Good words to live by 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Its possible. I paid off 15k in back child support in 6 months back in 09'. Two full time jobs and was going to school. I paid off the child support but by that time I was hurting. My home life was all sleep. I moved in a friend to save on rent and utilities. Rode my bike to work and school. Lost major weight in the process. I stopped after I was an hour late to one of my full times.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Good words to live by 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
You drained the swamp, as far as expenses and weight is concerned.  And you've cut off social activities during the time, right?  Bravo, man.

im 31 now. Military gives me $1700 to go to school. I ll be there till fall of next year.

using your TA?  I was using mine, but I withdrew from my classes, i'd rather just wait a couple months until I get out

Good words to live by 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

well atleast have money for a place to live.
I'm gunning for a top 15 school, so those can run 75-100K easy... the money saved up would ease the blow, ya know?

of course i'll be working DURING school... internships and what not will help as well...

but a 50K headstart would be kinda dope... maybe pay off rent on an apartment two years in advance... $1K apartment would be $24K... and just focus on cable and electric bill during the time.

its alot easier trying to find $100 bucks for utilites than it is to find $800 for rent

i did the calcultions, and as a young bachelor, in texas, i can live of $20K in a year (rent, food, utilties, emergencies, toiletries) 

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

well atleast have money for a place to live.
I'm gunning for a top 15 school, so those can run 75-100K easy... the money saved up would ease the blow, ya know?

of course i'll be working DURING school... internships and what not will help as well...

but a 50K headstart would be kinda dope... maybe pay off rent on an apartment two years in advance... $1K apartment would be $24K... and just focus on cable and electric bill during the time.

its alot easier trying to find $100 bucks for utilites than it is to find $800 for rent

i did the calcultions, and as a young bachelor, in texas, i can live of $20K in a year (rent, food, utilties, emergencies, toiletries) 
Sounds like you have a solid plan in place 
pimp.gif

I'm almost 30 and I'm considering either a Master's in Finance or CFA. Ideally, I'd want both.

Education isn't easy. We tend to forget things as human beings, which is why life is a life long learning process.

What people need to realize is that they have to KNOW WHAT YOU WANT TO DO. At the Master's level, it's a lot more than just completing a set curriculum.

eek.gif
eek.gif

that's how you get it famb... HTown hustle at its finest...

Acres Homes w/ the most hood biddies in the H, too...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

34 and I'm working on an electrician's journeyman certification and then an EE degree.

It gets old but I'm not going to quit.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

I'm 29 and on a similar path.

I'm taking my NEC code classes now, but I'm not going for the journeyman certification.

I'm going the low voltage route and being a telecom technician.

Eventually I'd like to become a network engineer, but I can't even think about that part until I get the low voltage certification and a couple years experience under my belt.
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
I hope and wish you do it but tryna save $50k over 3yrs that's gonna be tough fam, goodluck.

Back
Top Bottom