Any ACG Salbis/Morizaba updates?

Blogs have been saying for months they're both a Fall 2009 release. One more month until the year is done and still no updates or release dates for eithershoe. Any new news? Winter's here after all and I know I'm not the only one cravin for new ACGs

I'd like to know too. I want the Morizaba's.

141i3rs.jpg

Ive been wearing the crap out of my terra humaras since i got them a month ago

i need some more ACG equip

The Morizaba is a Spring 2010 release and always has been... whomever said Fall 2009 was mistaken.

Hang in there!
wink.gif

You guys must have missed the OG thread on this.

But, Q1 is the answer, meaning you could see them as early as late January.

Peace.

Sweeet! Hey Feez, think you can give more info on other colorways or are your hands still tied. I want some 'Zabas so bad, but I dunno if I should wait forbetter colors, if there are better colors. Peace.

Originally Posted by kicks and kix

Sweeet! Hey Feez, think you can give more info on other colorways or are your hands still tied. I want some 'Zabas so bad, but I dunno if I should wait for better colors, if there are better colors. Peace.

Better colors? Better... colors?! Your words are hurtful.
wink.gif

Three colorways for SP10 should be out at retail right now:
- Dark Grey/Black-Surf Blue (385461-001)
- Medium Grey/Black-Varsity Red (385461-002)
- Medium Grey/Cyber-Dark Shadow (385461-031)... "Cyber" is kind of a neon lime green.

Sorry I don't know enough to direct you to specific retailers, but the info above should enable you to get all Googly on it... hope you find something youlike!

^ I got a little Googly... er Eastbay-y and found one other colorway. I'm guessing the segmented heel and the larger "drainage hole" means theseare samples?

85461002_z.jpg

Feez ha you know that's not what I was gettin at. Info is much appreciated as always. Can't wait to stomp around in these. Thanks again. Peace

Originally Posted by KeonClark7

^ I got a little Googly... er Eastbay-y and found one other colorway. I'm guessing the segmented heel and the larger "drainage hole" means these are samples?
That's the Medium Grey/Black-Varsity Red colorway I referenced... and yes, this is closer to the production version. The photo you postedearlier (Dark Grey/Black-Surf Blue) is of an earlier-round sample.

I've seen the Medium Grey/Cyber-Dark Shadow ones at FTL and I'll try and post pics later today. I REALLY want the Grey/Black-Surf Blue pair...any FTL's have em so I can grab for 50% off during the EA? BTW-if anybody asks, they're extremely comfortable and fit like normal ACG's/Nike Boots-I went a 1/2 size down.

If these were goretex or just some other waterproff material I'd be all over them. I think they need to start using waterproof materials more in ACG shoes. I'm loving the styles but I actually use them for hiking and if they aren't waterproof it's an instant no buy for me.

I'm not sure waterproof is always a good idea for trail shoes. If you're going through deep puddles or a creek.. or even if its raining outside, it would take longer for the water inside to dry.

Originally Posted by KeonClark7

I'm not sure waterproof is always a good idea for trail shoes. If you're going through deep puddles or a creek.. or even if its raining outside, it would take longer for the water inside to dry.
Exactly.  Gore-Tex shoes keep you dry unless water gets down inside the shoe... then they will stay wet forever unless you:  stop, take them off, pour them out, air dry them, etc. etc.  They're basically like rowboats:  they stay perfectly dry inside unless water comes up and over the side.  Once water's inside, it'll stay there until you take the boat out of the water and flip it over to drain it.

The Morizaba is geared towards people who will be splashing through things, so they're designed to pump water out and dry quickly.  Check out the area of mesh in the forefoot area, peeking through the black rubber tip where it meets the midsole foam... this is a big port through which water can drain.  And all the foams are non-absorbent, so the shoe won't turn into a big sponge.

Gore-Tex is a great option for most people, but this is the approach favored by most adventure racers and hardcore trail athletes.  If you do want GTX, there are other ACG options...

Back
Top Bottom