Any Audi Owners?

Im in the market for buying either a 2001 audi a6, 2002 a8, or a 2003 a4. to the owners out there my questions are; how reliable are they, meaning do you haveto constantly have it in the shop, and how much does a tune up run you? Also how many miles do you have on yours, how many miles until the car starts to haveproblems (i.e. start to die)? thanks in advance and PLEASE leave smart@*$ remarks out of here and PLEASE post pics of yours

future..

I want an S5 so bad

audi-s5-coupe-2007-711646.jpg

I'll just say this.
Audi's are GREAT under the warranty.
They fix everything, everything free of charge, oil changes and all.
It's the 5 year 50,000 warranty.

Outside the warranty, fixing/tuning up Audi's gets pricey.

Originally Posted by V1nsanity3

I'll just say this.

Is that something new???

I purchased a 2001 Audi A6 the car was good expecially during winter, however, when it started having problems? FORGET ABOUT IT ....... BTW I had it for about125k and bought it with like 200 miles on it .. Repairs are $$$$ and if you dont have warranty you are SOL because you coming out your but ..

Most of the problems I had were electric and most of my friends or people that had the model had the same problem ...

I'll just say this.

I don't think Audi's have this under their warranty policy lol... that's for bimmers.

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

I'll just say this.

I don't think Audi's have this under their warranty policy lol... that's for bimmers.

Trust I know they take care of you like that.
Audi warranty is on point.

I just wanted to say those new audi commercials are
eek.gif
combination of beauty and class, just perfection

props to their marketing dept

mu mom was also looking into buying one maybe 08 or 07 but decided to put off on it. How do audis compare to the other luxury cars such as benz, bmw, andlexus?

^
For a day! lol

I stand corrected,
Audi offers:

The philosophy behind our Audi protection program is quite simple. You drive the car, we back it for 4 years or 50,000 miles. Only those who build cars this well would dare to protect them this comprehensively, and offer such extensive service packages.
As an owner of a new Audi 2009 model year vehicle, you will receive:

* The first scheduled maintenance service at 5,000 miles or 12 months, whichever comes first, free of charge
* 4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first, new vehicle limited warranty
* 12-year limited warranty against corrosion perforation
* Audi 24-hour Roadside Assistance for 4 years

http://www.audiusa.com/au...Owners/Audi_Warranty.html

so it's 4!
NOT 5

I made a huge mistake lol,

i dunno, ive acutally thought about gettin a used audi, i see they go for the low. but they must go for the low for a good reason. an im not even talkin about03 either. you can get 06 and 07 audi a4s for crazy prices.

i think wj4 said in a thread once that audis have the worse depreciation compared to their competition. dont quote me on that, maybe it was somebody else whosaid it, but basically they dont hold value well.

From what I hear, from friends and previous Audi owners. Maintenance is very hard.

i would not get the older generation audis...the quality on the newer ones have been improving...

Originally Posted by chiang2k6

i would not get the older generation audis...the quality on the newer ones have been improving...

basically thats what i understand.

what year did they start to improve like 2006+ correct?

to OP, i feel you but def do your research, theres a reason you see a lot more acuras and such. i wanna be different too but the headache aint worth it. unlessyou coppin newer.

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

i think wj4 said in a thread once that audis have the worse depreciation compared to their competition. dont quote me on that, maybe it was somebody else who said it, but basically they dont hold value well.

It is true, Audi's resale value sucks.
Once driven off the lot, a couple of thousands has practically been taken out of the value of the car.
MB is the same way but not as bad as Audi, yet.
Despite that, Audi has been taking Nissan's philosophy and coming out with beautiful vehicles but Audi took it a step further with great interior.
Audi is improving but I still wouldn't buy one, unless it's the R8 or the A5/S5/RS5.

my father go tme into audi. he still owns a 2002 a6 2.7 t and the only problem hes had is a cracked oil pan because he dropped it and a cracked oil pan andhe changed the timing belt. he was looking to sell it but decided to keep it because it depreciated a lot He drives a Q7 now but loves the a6 cuz its sucha funride. i owned a 2005 a3 2.0t for 2 years and i had no problems at all even after the work i did to it. im financing a 2005 a8 4.2 and again i cant see my selfdriving any other car other than my vdub golf.
l_4d679c756dd4da8ac043d3a0ffae83d0.jpg

my girl bought a used 05 a6 last year,it was a good car for about 6 months then she started having problem after problem,as soon as she would fix one thing,something else would go and by the end of her one yr anniversary of having the car she put about 50% of what she paid for the car back into it for repairs...not to mention the oil changes were about 120$

Originally Posted by FedExciter

my girl bought a used 05 a6 last year,it was a good car for about 6 months then she started having problem after problem,as soon as she would fix one thing, something else would go and by the end of her one yr anniversary of having the car she put about 50% of what she paid for the car back into it for repairs... not to mention the oil changes were about 120$

ouch

Originally Posted by marath0n

future..

I want an S5 so bad

audi-s5-coupe-2007-711646.jpg

Me 2 i ordered a A5 still waiting on it!!! but back the to post my boy has the cleanest A4 for sale but hes in cali PM me if you want to take a look...

Originally Posted by FedExciter

my girl bought a used 05 a6 last year,it was a good car for about 6 months then she started having problem after problem,as soon as she would fix one thing, something else would go and by the end of her one yr anniversary of having the car she put about 50% of what she paid for the car back into it for repairs... not to mention the oil changes were about 120$

thats what i'm scared of. but i guess thats what happens when you buy used at a low price. which is why im looking at 03-06 accords also

Lurkin what do you mean by older gen.? like pre 98 or 98-05?

I love the Audi A4, and the prices for a used one are very tempting. However, I would hesitate to purchase one because they're just too expensive tomaintain. Aside from the occasional trouble-free experience, most owners complain that their Audi spends a lot of time in the shop...

I've heard that their reliability is improving, but I still don't trust them.

If you can get one certified from a dealer with an extended warranty and pretty cheap, by all means go for it, unless you can just shell out the cash when theproblems start arising cuz parts and repairs for audis will eat ur money.

I bought a used 04' A4 and Im absolutely in LOVE with it. I got a great deal from the dealer...certified and extended warranty.

I need to step my game up to tha 09 A4 though

Back
Top Bottom