Any Golfers on NT?

I agree they're a bit pricey so I was just wondering if anyone had any other recs. I'm looking for something that promotes a softer grip as I still sometimes tend to hold on for dear life lol.

I agree they're a bit pricey so I was just wondering if anyone had any other recs. I'm looking for something that promotes a softer grip as I still sometimes tend to hold on for dear life lol.

Winn grips have always had the softest feel in my opinion. Also a little pricey but they'll last your for a while

I'm sure my best bet is to go and hit a few clubs with different grips but I'm not sure if my local golfgalaxy or golfsmith will have demo clubs with various grips

I'm sure my best bet is to go and hit a few clubs with different grips but I'm not sure if my local golfgalaxy or golfsmith will have demo clubs with various grips

True true. Most demos just come with the standard factory grip unfortunately

I like the Golf Pride Niions, tacky sometimes i play without glove.

Winn Dri Tac are good also and Lamkin RELm3 Gen

My girl surprised me with a new bag. Ogio grom

First time out playing since Hawaii back in April.

Played Oakmont in Santa Rosa - not bad, decent enough deal and got 18 in 3hr 30 min.

As luck would have it, I left a wedge on the course and it was cheap enough that I'm going to replace anyway.

Having said that, I'm still pretty much a beginner and trying to determine a wedge set up. I play Ping G25's and have their PW/UW so it looks like this:

PW - 45 L / 11 B
UW - 50 L / 11 B

I'm not a big divot hitter but was thinking of getting the following:
54 L / 14 B
58 L / 12 B

I honestly don't use the UW much, so I'd probably take it out of my bag. I'm not a big divot hitter, but figured for Sand / Bad Rough a 14B would be useful.

L lazyj10 Yea seems like utility wedges are becoming pretty rare these days. Idk too many ppl that still keep them in their bag. I personally play a 52, 56, and 60 degree

i may replace my 50 degree that came with my irons with a 52. i have a 46 deg PW, 50, 56 and 60.

who here plays a 4h? thinking or replacing my 4i with one as well.

^i got a 4h at sports authority on clearance for like 15 bucks once, so i HAD to buy it... :lol:

but its a great club when you can hit it right. i have trouble hitting long irons for distance and find its easier to get the wanted distance out of the hybrid. great club for uphill lies too, IMO.

Hi, everyone. Long time lurker finally leaving a comment in the thread.

Anyone ever play The Old Course at St. Andrews before? Me and a couple of co-workers are planning out a small trip sometime during mid-October to Scotland. A buddy of mine knows a member at The Old Course and he's said he would love to host us for a day. I gotta admit, I've played at Bethpage and Pine Valley before, but this feels a little intimidating. I'm scared of those damn greens. They look HUGE!

^i got a 4h at sports authority on clearance for like 15 bucks once, so i HAD to buy it... :lol:

but its a great club when you can hit it right. i have trouble hitting long irons for distance and find its easier to get the wanted distance out of the hybrid. great club for uphill lies too, IMO.

i dont have much of an issue hitting my 4i now. but i figure the hybrid will be more versatile.

Similar to Jermichael Finley on a much larger scale, Anthony Kim is faced with a crucial decision of a lifetime. Korean golf phenom who has disappointed over his career, falling well below expectations set by the Korean golf community. Kim hasn't played since 2012, recovering from a torn Achilles.

Here's the dilemma, $10M tax-free to never play golf on the Tour again or mount a comeback.

Damn... Thats crazy.  He probably figures that if hes the goods then he can make more than that.

Who gives these insurance policies anyways?

Sidenote - I've gone 27 holes using the same ball now.  Easily a record for me.  Joint is scuffed to hell now but IDK I'm hitting that ball till its at the bottom of a pond.

Damn... Thats crazy.  He probably figures that if hes the goods then he can make more than that.

Who gives these insurance policies anyways?

Sidenote - I've gone 27 holes using the same ball now.  Easily a record for me.  Joint is scuffed to hell now but IDK I'm hitting that ball till its at the bottom of a pond.
Supposedly CBS Sports is reporting closer to $20M now. I don't know which insurance company is providing or honoring the policy, but an IMG source was the one to leak the details to a SI writer. According to some, Kim would have to make $35M on and off the course, including taxes and overhead expenses for a pro, to match the insurance policy offer. Keep in mind, he's 29.

That's a tough one and I can relate to a degree since I've torn my Achilles.

Part of the recovery is trusting your leg/foot again to properly swing.

That's a tough one and I can relate to a degree since I've torn my Achilles.

Part of the recovery is trusting your leg/foot again to properly swing.
AK's career earnings on the Tour is $12.2M, $9.2M of which was accrued between 2008 and 2010. What I'm saying is, he should take the insurance money. Every athlete is a natural competitor, but Kim may not have the heart and drive to prove naysayers wrong. He's seemingly addicted to the party lifestyle. Picks up every tab for his whole entourage, when he visits LA.

No doubt, to me, part of me would say I'm down to get that check cut and chill at the country club for life. The competitor in me says otherwise, you're paid either way.

Yea I'd take the cash.  

He can still golf all he wants... Just not on Tour. Someone like Jermike is either going to play football or not play football. No in between.

Just got these in. Gonna experiment with 2 wedges instead of the 3 I game now and add either a 5w or 2h to cover my gaps up top better. Figure there's not much I can do with a 60* that I can't do with a 58*

Took them to the range/chipping green today and the 58 was holding the green just as well if not better than my 60. These will definitely be staying in the bag.

Back
Top Bottom