Any Golfers on NT?

tell me why the first time i went to a driving range, i guess i was teeing off and somehow when i made contact the ball went sideways and hit the next guy nextto me...
eyes.gif

Not yet but I will join the club soon. I do like playing Tiger Woods to get an understanding of the game. My goal is to get started next year.

i picked it up about 6 years ago, and can't stop.

my current bag:

Nike SasQuatch DYMO² 9.5º
Nike SasQuatch2 15º 3 wood
Nike Slingshot 3, 4, 5 hybrids
Nike Victory Red cavity back 6-PW
Nike Victory Red 54º SW and 60º LW
Nike BC101 putter
Nike ONE Vapor ball

the new Nike Method 001 putter that Stewart Cink and Lucas Glover have been using will be a limited release in a couple weeks, though.

Ping G5 Driver
Ping G5 3 Wood
Ping G5 Hybrid (22)
Ping G5 SW-3 Iron
2-Bar Mallet Putter
SKy Caddie SG5

Im not the greatest golfer, but I will say that better equipment does make a difference to the beginner, "game improvement" clubs could easily saveyou 5 or more strokes per round.
-sf77

I just went last week for the 1st time ever.

I'm def playing again.
clubs got off craiglist for cheap - some brand Slotline that I never heard of.... I'll keep these until I get good and my game warrants investing inquality clubs

Originally Posted by WilderShoe

Love golfing but hardly ever get to play anymore
frown.gif

Right now I am playing with

Cleveland Highbore XL Driver
Ping Eye 2 Irons (Looking for a BeCu set)
Cleveland 56 degree Wedge
and I have 2 Scotty Cameron's and a real old Ping putter I rotate depending on how well I'm putting...

Unfortunetly its getting waaaay too cold to do any golfing here in NE
tired.gif

I was obsessed with the idea of getting BeCu Ping Eye 2s for a long time. My dad used to have a set of the steel Ping Eye 2s. One day he got really frustratedwith his 9-iron tee shot on a par three, threw his club to the ground, the shaft snapped, and it hit my brother in the shin and cut his leg. He never got the9-Iron fixed, all of our clubs got stolen in Sacramento, and the club head just sat in the den for 7 years. I asked if I could have it, got it re-shafted, andstarted using it as my 9-iron. If the Be-Cus weren't so damn expensive, I would probably buy a set, but I just can't justify $500 for them... I amseriously considering a set of Mizuno MP-67s. The feel on them is just incredible, and I hate the size of cavity backs at address, blades seem so much morecomfortable to me. Not as forgiving, but they feel so much better on solid contact.

aveezytheBEAST wrote:
tell me why the first time i went to a driving range, i guess i was teeing off and somehow when i made contact the ball went sideways and hit the next guy next to me...
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I've did this to the first time I went to the driving range hit my buddy and he couldn't figure out how I did it.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

I just went last week for the 1st time ever.

I'm def playing again.
clubs got off craiglist for cheap - some brand Slotline that I never heard of.... I'll keep these until I get good and my game warrants investing in quality clubs

Smart move. Equipment doesn't have nearly as much impact on the outcome the golf shot as most beginners (and amateurs in general) think it does. Wait untilyour swing develops. Most of the benefit of using best equipment is only derived when the equipment is specifically fitted to your swing. But most golfersnever go through a proper fitting because it's even more expensive than the high-priced golf equipment itself.

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

I love golfing. I'm what they call a club-ho. I love tinkering with new equipment so I trade often. Here's my current bag.

Driver: Callaway FT-9 Tour w/ Stiff Fujikura XCON (2 weeks old)
3Wood: King Cobra Hyper Steel w/ Stiff Aldila NV (2 months old)
Hybrid: Callaway Fusion 4h (2 months old)
Irons: Nike Victory Red Split Cavity Forged w/ Dynamic Gold stiff (a month old)
Wedges: Nike Forged 53 and Titleist Vokey 60 (3 or 4 years old....time to upgrade I guess
wink.gif
)
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 (4 years old...only way I'd ever trade this would maybe be for a tour version)

jrbnzs.jpg

2wd6ni1.jpg

jpy69j.jpg

ot2ih0.jpg

How do you like the VR split backs?

I've only been to the driving ranges out in Long Island but I liked it a lot. Looking to try and play a little more seeing as there's a good amount ofcourses on the Island and one in Queens. Just need clubs now...

Originally Posted by Proshares

I've only been to the driving ranges out in Long Island but I liked it a lot. Looking to try and play a little more seeing as there's a good amount of courses on the Island and one in Queens. Just need clubs now...
one in Queens?

what happened to Clearview, Douglaston, & kissena?

Driver: Titleist 907D 9.5*
3 wood: Taylormade R9 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 909 19*
Irons: Titleist 735 cm
Wedges: Titleist Vokey oil can spin milled 54 and 58 bent to 53 and 57
Putter: Scotty Cameron newport 2

i am currently in the process of becoming a teaching professional at a golfers career college in orlando

Originally Posted by youngmoney

i am currently in the process of becoming a teaching professional at a golfers career college in orlando

golfer career college? whats the name and where is it located in Orlando?
where do you play in Orlando?

professional golfers career college, or just short PGCC

im not that familar with the area around here but its right next to orange county national golf course

we play at a bunch of different courses

orange county national
west orange
orange lake
ridgewood lakes
highlands reserve
grand cypress- not that often though
stoneybrook west
all the disney courses like magnolia, lake buena vista etc

you from orlando? where you play at

I literally started playing golf two months ago. I'm borrowing an old set from like 15 years ago off a co-worker who doesn't get to play, so Idon't even have my own set of clubs.

I've done two 9's and an 18 so far. One par so far on a par 3. So I have a long way to go. One this for certain is that it's become reallyapparent that this game makes a lot of sense to me, so I'm catching on pretty quickly. All you really need is a set of crappy clubs and some buddies to goregularly with.

I'm looking for a good set of beginner clubs, as well. It's about as fun a game as I've played in a while.

I'm hoping to get on an 18 this weekend, but it looks like the plans are about to fall through.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by Proshares

I've only been to the driving ranges out in Long Island but I liked it a lot. Looking to try and play a little more seeing as there's a good amount of courses on the Island and one in Queens. Just need clubs now...
one in Queens?

what happened to Clearview, Douglaston, & kissena?

Didn't even know there were any outside of Douglaston. I've never played on an actual course just driving ranges but that was enough to make meactually want to go out there and play. I might actually check it out this weekend.

Of those 3^, Kissena is probably the easiest you're just starting out. It's a pretty short golf course

Driver: Titleist 907d1 10.5*
3 wood: Titleist 906f2 15*
Hybrid: Nickent 4dx 19*
Irons: Ping i5's black dot 3-PW
Sandy: Some old one from my old man
Putter: Odyssey 2 ball but just bought the Odyssey White hot xg #9. Loved how it felt.
Bag" Ogio Ozone in the copper check. Gift from the wifey. Thing is very nice
Ball: Whatever the father in-law has for me. Lots of Bridgestone e6+ and B330's this summer. He hunts for them, cleans them and sells them. Makes quite goomoney too.
Shoes: Nike SP8 tours all white. Love them.

This will be the first year I golf ALL year round, which is an obvious perk of CA.

Sunday's only till spring/after Tax season.

I began with a old old set of clubs which I don't even recall the name of...the woods were actually made out of wood.

Moved up to Titlelist 990's, which I did like and they were hard to hit. Luckily I worked at a golf course at the time so they got plenty of use. I'vesince given them to my bestfriend as an upgrade to his Northwestern's.

I have a generic driver and looking to pick up a Nike one on the cheap, but money is tight right now. Need a new putter, hand me downs only work for so long.

Copped the Taylormade irons last year via NT, ridiculous price and couldn't believe Taylormade honored it. Since the sale was so good I opted for graphite,which I feel so/so about.

Bastitch, you're in the bay (or thereabouts..along with BigL) where do you guys play?

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

This will be the first year I golf ALL year round, which is an obvious perk of CA.

I began with a old old set of clubs which I don't even recall the name of...the woods were actually made out of wood.

Moved up to Titlelist 990's, which I did like and they were hard to hit. Luckily I worked at a golf course at the time so they got plenty of use. I've since given them to my bestfriend as an upgrade to his Northwestern's.

I have a generic driver and looking to pick up a Nike one on the cheap, but money is tight right now. Need a new putter, hand me downs only work for so long.

Copped the Taylormade irons last year via NT, ridiculous price and couldn't believe Taylormade honored it. Since the sale was so good I opted for graphite, which I feel so/so about.

Bastitch, you're in the bay (or thereabouts..along with BigL) where do you guys play?
I've played 3 times since I've started 2 months ago.

Twice over by your neck of the woods (Once at Buchanan and once at that one 9er in Martinez off 4). My brother in law took me to Rancho Solano for my birthdaylast month. That's a pretty damn nice place to play golf.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Moved up to Titlelist 990's, which I did like and they were hard to hit. Luckily I worked at a golf course at the time so they got plenty of use. I've since given them to my bestfriend as an upgrade to his Northwestern's.

Copped the Taylormade irons last year via NT, ridiculous price and couldn't believe Taylormade honored it. Since the sale was so good I opted for graphite, which I feel so/so about.

Twice over by your neck of the woods (Once at Buchanan and once at that one 9er in Martinez off 4). My brother in law took me to Rancho Solano for my birthday last month. That's a pretty damn nice place to play golf.
I play Buchanan a lot because it's a quick 9. The only faster (though not a great course at all) is Pine Meadows in Martinez. Alsoaffectionalty known as "Pine Ghettos".
The 18 course in Concord isn't too bad, we played that one over summer. I'm having trouble remembering some names.

Hahahaha i try and golf maybe once a week or once every two weeks. but its just too time consuming and expensive

My clubs stink. Hahaha I'm missing a 6 and 8 iron cuz they broke
frown.gif
and one of my driver heads flew off
smh.gif
so i'm a couple clubs short
laugh.gif

but still i have a blast everytime a play.

How are you guys able to keep up with the cost of the game?

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Twice over by your neck of the woods (Once at Buchanan and once at that one 9er in Martinez off 4). My brother in law took me to Rancho Solano for my birthday last month. That's a pretty damn nice place to play golf.
I play Buchanan a lot because it's a quick 9. The only faster (though not a great course at all) is Pine Meadows in Martinez. Also affectionalty known as "Pine Ghettos".
The 18 course in Concord isn't too bad, we played that one over summer. I'm having trouble remembering some names.
I actually think Pine Meadows is better than Buchanan, but that's just me.

Buchanan is looking really beat. At least the fairways are green at Pine Meadows.

^ They weren't over the summer, trust me.

Played a lot there since we could finish 9 in less than 2 hours while consuming tall cans. Or if desperate, bottle of wine. Hole 3 if you hit it just off thefairway, you're hitting off cement essentially.

Back
Top Bottom