Any Grand Cherokee owners on NT? Vol. I love my ZJ!

So I bought a '97 ZJ limited and I absolutely fell in love with it!
I know I've seen some people with SRTs on here and that's next on the list, but who owns a older or newer GC?

i've got a 2008 grand cherokee. absolutely love it. live in the northeast so when there is snow on the ground, im still moving. best 4x4 vehicle there is

no mods for me. only upgrade i made was tires. want to do an exhaust system but we'll see. i used the money i was gonna spend on the exhaust on a motorcycle instead
laugh.gif

Will probably verge next new car I own once I pay off this Acura....the new model is a beast.

I went in with my mind set on this 2003 Altima.... $^&* ran horribly
laugh.gif

I found mine for $3000. 111k, one owner, no rips in the leather, only costs 65-70 to fill up (V8).

I might paint it black or gun metal gray. No rims but a new head unit.

I have a 2004 Grand Cherokee Special Edition w/ 60k miles. I love it. Just don't like the gas mileage and how much it costs to fill up.

My 2010 SRT:

My old 2007 WK Overland 5.7

And before the 07, I had a 04 WJ, 98 ZJ, 95 ZJ, 93 ZJ, and a 89 XJ.

You can say I like Jeeps. lol

^
pimp.gif
that SRT!

So that's what I want next. how does it drive? What kept you coming back to Jeeps?

I got an 08' and I love that damn thing. I'm about to cop that SRT8 07' model. The 2012 has too many curves IMO. 

Originally Posted by JRAdagreat72

^
pimp.gif
that SRT!

So that's what I want next. how does it drive? What kept you coming back to Jeeps?

Thanks! Its drives great. Its a sports car in a SUV's clothing. I live in Downtown Manhattan so it rides a little rough because of the roads but that is expected because of the suspension. Its fast, not the fastest thing on the road but it is quicker than most cars. Only gripe is like at 100 mph the Jeep on the highway like dies, doesnt pull like a frieght train like it does from 0-100. Its not like the 300 and Charger SRT where it just begs for more after 100 but it doesnt have the grunt from 0-100 like the Jeep (bc the Jeep has AWD). But you give up one thing for another.

If you buy an SRT get ready to cough up money for gas. Like I said I live in Manhattan and DD the Jeep. I get about 7 mpg in the city. But I knew what I was getting into. And for the record my 5.7 wasnt any better in the city really. I got like 9. lol

I kept coming back because the Grand Cherokee kept getting better and better through the years. Only real troubled Jeeps I had were the 04 WJ and the 89 XJ. Those were honestly pieces of garbage. I remember as a child how my pops kept taking it to the dealer and he got so frustrated when it broke down on 8th ave back in 94, he punched the windshield and broke it. Then he bought the ZJ. lol

I love Jeeps and will keep coming back but once I'm done with this SRT I think my Jeep SRT days are done. Not a fan of the 2012 and I think a 300 SRT is in my future.

I'm actually getting ready to go down to the dealership this month and take a look at the new Jeep Grand Cherokee "ALTITUDE". They said it will be on the market in May.
I own a 2008 V8 Grand Cherokee and love it. But its a little harsh on gas. So I might trade it in for the new Altitude.

I LOVE the SRT8 but its a gas guzzler, so this new Altitude gives you the look/customization of the SRT8 but it's only a V6, so better on gas. I don't need all that SRT8 power.

Originally Posted by Air Spider 777

^
pimp.gif
that SRT!

Thanks! Its drives great. Its a sports car in a SUV's clothing. I live in Downtown Manhattan so it rides a little rough because of the roads but that is expected because of the suspension. Its fast, not the fastest thing on the road but it is quicker than most cars. Only gripe is like at 100 mph the Jeep on the highway like dies, doesnt pull like a frieght train like it does from 0-100. Its not like the 300 and Charger SRT where it just begs for more after 100 but it doesnt have the grunt from 0-100 like the Jeep (bc the Jeep has AWD). But you give up one thing for another.

If you buy an SRT get ready to cough up money for gas. Like I said I live in Manhattan and DD the Jeep. I get about 7 mpg in the city. But I knew what I was getting into. And for the record my 5.7 wasnt any better in the city really. I got like 9. lol

I kept coming back because the Grand Cherokee kept getting better and better through the years. Only real troubled Jeeps I had were the 04 WJ and the 89 XJ. Those were honestly pieces of garbage. I remember as a child how my pops kept taking it to the dealer and he got so frustrated when it broke down on 8th ave back in 94, he punched the windshield and broke it. Then he bought the ZJ. lol

I love Jeeps and will keep coming back but once I'm done with this SRT I think my Jeep SRT days are done. Not a fan of the 2012 and I think a 300 SRT is in my future.
See I'm not worried about gas because I know I'm going to enjoy the Jeep lol
I get ok gas mileage on my ZJ and I know if/when I get the SRT, it's going to reduce drastically....but it seems like it's a fun vehicle to drive.

Originally Posted by Air Spider 777

^
pimp.gif
that SRT!

See I'm not worried about gas because I know I'm going to enjoy the Jeep lol
I get ok gas mileage on my ZJ and I know if/when I get the SRT, it's going to reduce drastically....but it seems like it's a fun vehicle to drive.

It is def fun to drive. I'm going to leave work in about a half hr and go for a long ride home. lol

I have the 2012 and love it... Really spacious but the con is that it takes $90ish to fill up
laugh.gif

Thing rides so smooth...

I have a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7L that I keep at my summer place.  It's got about 90K miles and it's still running like a champ.  The only problem I've had/have with it is that (this is going to sound crazy) when it's hot, or over like say 75 degrees the alarm will go off at random.  It will be parked all doors closed and locked and the alarm will just go HAM.  I've taken it to 3 dealerships in 2 states and nobody can get to the bottom of it without ripping the whole tailgate apart.
frown.gif
  Had to give my neighbor a key so she could shut it off when it acts up and I'm not around. 
cliffs:

-2005 as a second ride

-alarm issues

-still love that thing 

Yeah my Panic alarm goes DUMB if my driver's door is locked and the others are unlocked. I don't even know how to stop it. I'm probably going to reset the Keyless entry controls and see how that works.

Yeah my Panic alarm goes DUMB if my driver's door is locked and the others are unlocked. I don't even know how to stop it. I'm probably going to reset the Keyless entry controls and see how that works.

see my problem is when it goes off the control panel says the tailgate is open when clearly it isn't.  I've had the hitch replaced, adjusted, etc. Only time it won;t go ham is if I leave everything unlocked.  And I swear the heat has something to do with it (again I know it sounds crazy) but it never acts up in fall/winter months 
embarassed.gif

Back
Top Bottom