any guitar players here?

new guitar day. decided that a hole in my collection is one stone killer acoustic so I splurged. the price hurt but I got over it the minute I picked it up. I've never even remotely played such a great guitar

Martin D-18GE Golden Era – Sunburst 2007
vzi9yvyfjsgpj0r561e1.jpg

cgcddamvukp32t3qcqak.jpg

two rules:
never get out of the boat
don't check the score in the middle of a jam

Just found this thread. Thought I'd chime in since there don't seem to be many guitar players on NT.

It might be a stretch to call myself a "guitar player". I've played piano and violin and taught myself how to play "More than Words" and a few Bob Marley songs on my dad's old acoustic. Bought a Jackson that I can't even identify on sale from Guitar Center with a 15 watt amp. Chose it because it had the biggest markdown of what I was looking at. From there, taught myself from tabs I got off the internet and Guitar World magazine. Even taught myself from a couple Smashing Pumpkins song books. Got into pedals , too. Can't read notes but I can read tabs. Never thought I got very good. Just got lit and tinkered for hours. That was 25 years ago. Hoping to get back into it.

I always told my 2 sons that if they were good at guitar or basketball, they'd always have friends, and chicks. guitar is a great hobby to either obsessively lean into and be all steely dan about it, or like right now jamming drunkenly on the bass while watching knicks pacers

just spent a lovely few days driving through tennessee. I grew up in a small redneck factory town but have lived and worked in a big city for 30+ years, so my nostalgia for a rural america of yesteryear was poignant and moving

Back
Top Bottom