Any Non-Muslim Nters ever read the Koran?

splashysplash

Banned
I think I'm about to pick up a translated version and get reading....I'm just thirsty for knowledge, you can never know too much.

I have (not the whole thing).

Gotta inform myself on things I'll later say are completely false and should only be seen as a metaphorical guide to life and should be understood within context.

Just remember to read it within context.

"Kill the infidels" and other violence related verses were revealed 1400 years ago when tribes within Saudi Arabia were attacking Muhammed and new followers of the religion.

Now a days you have two main sides misinterpreting such verses. On one side you have extremists who use such verses to justify their violence against non-Muslims. On the other side you have those who use such verses to justify their hatred of Islam.

I have read the book of Imran, only because it's my name.

My dad named me foer a dumb reason after the Pakistani cricket player Imran Khan, and I always get people speaking to me in muslim to me. Someone told me that there was a book of Imran in there, so I picked one up.

Found out that Imran was a prophet and the father of Mary, which would make him Jesus's grandfather. I found it interesting because in the bible they never mention Imran, and only tell you that Mary was raised by her uncle Zacharius (sp).

I'm Catholic...I've read a lot of it. I would open it at random pages and read it. Pick one up, read it. Some may not know that Jesus is quoted in the book. Also, there is a chapter named after the virgin Mary. Its a good read

Originally Posted by Master Zik

I have (not the whole thing).

Gotta inform myself on things I'll later say are completely false and should only be seen as a metaphorical guide to life and should be understood within context.

Ditto.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Just remember to read it within context.

"Kill the infidels" and other violence related verses were revealed 1400 years ago when tribes within Saudi Arabia were attacking Muhammed and new followers of the religion.

Now a days you have two main sides misinterpreting such verses. On one side you have extremists who use such verses to justify their violence against non-Muslims. On the other side you have those who use such verses to justify their hatred of Islam.
I think something like "Kill the infidels" is a good justification for hatred of Islam, no matter the context, present or 1400 years ago. I wouldn't want to endorse any religion that proliferated  by killing those who didn't believe. These holy books are meant to be applied in the present context, or else there wouldn't be any present religions, the Bible and the Qu'ran etc., would just be history books for observing ancient civilizations. That's like saying when Jesus said "Love thy Enemy" he was only talking to Jews to love their roman oppressors and thus we shouldn't apply that to present context. Though nobody does this because that is a verse about love, and not murder. Whoever said "kill the infidels" might have been in response to when " tribes within Saudi Arabia were attacking Muhammed and new followers of the religion." but I doubt he meant to stop there and never kill another infidel, or else would have said something more specific like "Kill the tribes within Saudi Arabia who are attacking Muhammed and new followers of the religion."

I haven't read the Qu'ran, or the verse in question. I'm replying specifically to the reasoning and opinions presented in your post.

I read the whole thing in its entirety. My parents made me when I was younger. They're Muslim, I'm not.

Originally Posted by MeloManFan

Cz7 wrote:
18th letter wrote:
Islam is a beautiful religion.

Unnecessary, you don't have to cross out an adjective that someone uses to describe something, just because you don't believe it. Islam IS a beautiful religion and way of life.
If you can say that Islam is a beautiful religion, then I have just as much right to say it is not.

Originally Posted by Cz7

Cz7 wrote:

18th letter wrote:

Unnecessary, you don't have to cross out an adjective that someone uses to describe something, just because you don't believe it. Islam IS a beautiful religion and way of life.
If you can say that Islam is a beautiful religion, then I have just as much right to say it is not.

Quoted for the damn truth

Originally Posted by Cz7

Cz7 wrote:
18th letter wrote:

Very true.  It's the internet i guess lol but it comes off as disrespctful when you crossed it out.  Ya'll both got the right to think what yall want, just make your own post.  Have a healthy debate.

Originally Posted by Cz7

Cz7 wrote:
18th letter wrote:

Very true.  It's the internet i guess lol but it comes off as disrespctful when you crossed it out.  Ya'll both got the right to think what yall want, just make your own post.  Have a healthy debate.

can anyone shed some light about the differences between Islam and the Nation of Islam

Also what do Muslims think about Nation of Islam

Originally Posted by Notorious P A C

I'm Catholic...I've read a lot of it. I would open it at random pages and read it. Pick one up, read it. Some may not know that Jesus is quoted in the book. Also, there is a chapter named after the virgin Mary. Its a good read

never really read much of it because of that

not all christian religions hail mary like the catholics do BTW

Back
Top Bottom