Any NT Mountain Bikers?? Check in here

For the way I ride the Enduro can handle the trails at Tahoe, unless it's a hard drop. I even use my Heckler on the more forgiving hills.

Interesting. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised though. The first (and so far only) time I went to Diablo, one of the dudes I drove up there with rodeall day on a titanium XC race hardtail with a damn Lefty fork on it. He used to race XC professionally, but still. He was wearing a road helmet too, haha.

Originally Posted by Zen Baller

I ride alot in Fernie and Kimberley, British Columbia during the summer months.

Awesome, dude. BC is like FR Mecca from what I've read and seen. I'm not really familiar with the geography of BC but do you make it out to Whistler at all? My riding buddy and I have a long term goal of making a trip out there. I could watch Whistler footage for hours, that place looks like so much fun. I wish there was more North Shore type stuff in the North East but I guess we've got our "east coast gnar". Still, ladder bridges look like more fun than sharp rocks.

I've heard good things about the bighit. Lotta Spesh fans on NT for some reason. They do make some very good looking bikes.
Whistler is amazing. I have been snowboarding there, but haven't been able to make it in the summer. I have a couple friends who go twice a summer,and they love it. It's disgusting how many track, trails, and lines they have. I know just in Kimberley, small city of 7000, the city boasts at having over"120 KM" of downhill trail in the immediate vacinity of the city. Seems like all the ski-bums do in the summer is build tree ramps and ladderbridges...
laugh.gif

I love the Big Hit....but I think I may retire it and go with something else. I hear good things about Cannondale, but Specialized has been good to me, so Iwill probably stay with them.

The only thing about the stock Big Hit is the crank doesn't seem to be able to handle alot of hard riding. I went through 3 in the span of 1 1/2 years..

^ You can never go wrong with Specialized. I'm still looking for a 2004 or 2005 FSR XC that I'd like to modify heavily after seeing a custom built onMTBR about a year ago. Out of all the big three (Specialized, Giant and Trek) they have full suspension down to a science. Trek is barely making major changesto their full suspension design and it'll be interesting to see how they're Trek Fuel EXs handle considering there's a lot of hype about their newbikes, and I'm hoping it's good hype.

i live in vancouver on the mountains its crazy here some dudes are nuts

BC is the epicenter of freeride. I'm determined it to experience it at least once in my life.

litespeed mtn bike frames > *

If you're only into XC or AM riding, then yeah, litespeed's been doing their thing for a LONG LONG time. However, they don't make any big bikes.

I know just in Kimberley, small city of 7000, the city boasts at having over "120 KM" of downhill trail in the immediate vacinity of the city.

Very, very jealous of you right now. I live in New Jersey, and it's the 2nd flattest state in the entire country. Boo. At least we have Diablo.

I love the Big Hit....but I think I may retire it and go with something else. I hear good things about Cannondale, but Specialized has been good to me, so I will probably stay with them.

Cannondale and specialized are both solid brands, but seeing as you're on the west coast you might want to look into some of the smaller brands as well.I've been consistently hearing good things about Transition Bike Company and their bikes look pretty sweet. Check out reviews on mtbr.com of differentbikes, I'm sure there are several grassroots bike manufacturers headquartered in BC itself.

Trek is barely making major changes to their full suspension design and it'll be interesting to see how they're Trek Fuel EXs handle considering there's a lot of hype about their new bikes, and I'm hoping it's good hype.

Yeah they're really making a big fuss about the Fuel Exs on the Trek website. The bike is gorgeous in person though, I saw it at a bike shop in NYC acouple of months ago. Kona is actually experimenting with some adaptive suspension stuff called "magic-link" that they're debuting for 2008 onthe '08 Coilair. You seem to be very into XC/Trail riding so the Coilair probably wouldn't be a good choice for you, but it's cool that they'restill making advances in bike suspension, trying out new ideas.

2stage bikes, Karpiel, and a new company called Corsair all sell Downhill rigs that are running rear suspension with TWO shocks. The designs look awesome,I'd really like to test-ride one.

Ah, Mr. Baller - Good to see you!

I applied for a SN on MTBR forums about a week ago and am waiting patiently for the confirmation. Lots of good reading on the site.

The pic:

I ride on the street, so I switched the dirt tires out for some Bontrager Big Hank slicks. I love 'em; they are soooooo sticky on the streetsand feel much better than dirt tires. I picked up a mile per hour on my ride times, too.

Back
Top Bottom