Any NT'ers ever failed a College Class?

currently a freshman, 2nd semester in and already in danger of failing one of my classes. feels bad man
ohwell.gif
. heard failing 3 classes can get you kicked outta school for a year.

so why don't you just withdraw from the class then? or did you miss the deadline for that?

missed the deadline, i withdrew from one of my classes i was doing well in, in order to do better in the class that im currently failing in. feels even worse man lol. not really sure on my schools policy on retaking courses though.

I got to a CC and I've failed multiple classes. I was placed on academic probation at the end of the summer semester. Now there is a limit on how many classes I can take, I have to see an academic counselor once every two weeks, and if I don't do well this semester I'll be suspended from the school. As far as retaking classes, if you retake a class you failed it's major GPA boost because it replaces the F you previously had. But the F stays on your record, its just not a part of your GPA tabulation. Also, the probation at my school is based on GPA and not on number of classes failed, once it drops below 1.7 they'll get you.

hopefully my schools policy is similar to yours, cause im sure i can prevent my gpa from dropping to a 1.7.

Yeah, I failed CALC 1 the first time I took it. I think it was my first semester in my sophomore year and I wasn't even aware that you could withdraw from a class. Felt so stupid afterwards. Took it again and got a C. One of two Cs I had in college. Still upsets me to this day.

done it too. I only fail classes I dont care about. Worse thing is the feeling that you wasted a whole semester of your life on a class you dont care about and gotta do it again.

Originally Posted by GreyFoxx

i withdrew from one of my classes i was doing well in, in order to do better in the class that im currently failing in. 

thumbnail.aspx

i withdrew from one of my classes i was doing well in, in order to do better in the class that im currently failing in.
u srs bro? like, 105% srs? u sure u built 4 this college thing?

missed the deadline, i withdrew from one of my classes i was doing well in, in order to do better in the class that im currently failing in.
One of the dumbest things i've ever read on NT.
Just retake the class in a semester or two and have the grade replaced. Not a big deal. 

A lot of people fail a couple classes in college and still graduate on time. Only thing is the GPA hit and the wasted money and time from having to retake it.

Originally Posted by throwedyonasb

thumbnail.aspx
Top 10, most dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life

missed the deadline, i withdrew from one of my classes i was doing well in, in order to do better in the class that im currently failing in.
What kind of logic is this?

Either way, your school probably allows you to retake a couple of classes to replace the grade. Don't trip about failing one class.

Failed a GenEd class 
laugh.gif
That *%*@% gave me and F...and it wasn't like I didn't try. All the advisers I spoke with including the head of the department were wondering on why the *%*@% gave me an F since I was an A student.

Still ended up graduating with a 3.5 GPA and have a good career now
smokin.gif

Yeah man...failed half my freshman (only) year, yet learned more than I did in high school. Seriously...college just ain't for everybody.

Failed Java Programming class. I hate programming. I also didn't have any C++ background. 

I failed a class that had a 30% fail rate because I didn't study. I took it the next quarter and got an A. I'm pretty sure at most schools you can retake at least one class you failed and your new grade will replace the F.

Did you really drop a class that would benefit your GPA to keep one that will compromise it, not to mention its one less class to factor in so you know that F you might get is gonna have an even bigger effect...you must be failing math bro..

Why don't you just start trying harder and get more help so you don't fail the class instead of trying to figure out what's going to happen to you when you do. You can skip the whole failing class part if you buckle down and get some help. most professors wont fail a student if they see they're putting effort in

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

u srs bro? like, 105% srs? u sure u built 4 this college thing?

He could've dropped an elective to pass a requirementDoubt it though

Yes, and I hope this disciplines you so you don't fug up again. I learned by messing up, went from a 2.1 to a 2.9 in two quarters.

I have a 3.4, but i've been in CC forever. Had to withdraw full semesters twice for health #!!#.

I was taking one easy !#@ class this semester and I missed like 3 weeks in a row because I couldn't get to campus.

Finally bought a car and now it's too late.

Whatever, pay a little extra, retake it and get an A later.

I'm about done with college though, I have no more money to finance it, and i'm not taking out another loan.

I learn just as much self-educating myself.

It's just too much, I love to go too
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom