Any NTer's in the 661 area?

I just wanted to know how the Santa Clarita Valley-Lancaster-Palmdale area is. I moved to Irvine from NY 6 years ago to attend med school (@UCI) and now that iam graduating, I wanted to move to start a family and a new life. Any suggestions or areas to move to?

if i were to move to the 661 area i would suggest looking into valencia my girlfriends from there and i would recommend the area especially if your trying tostart a family there. Good area and the area is still developing. Especially if your going to be raising kids my girlfriend always tells me how good theirschools are. Let me know if you got anymore questions. Hope this helps

^Basically what he said

Valencia, Saugus, Canyon Country and all the cities around there are nice and safe.

Homes arent cheap out there though.
Schools are very good out there.

thank you both for the insightful replies. I went to Valencia around McBean (?) area and it does seem nice there. Very quiet and serene area. Also I went overto Canyon Country by Robinson Ranch GC and fell in love with that area. Is there any significant differences between the two areas?

I stay in CC, but I went to high school in Valencia. the only major differences between Valencia and Sand Canyon(which is where Robinson Ranch is located), isthat Valencia is a lot more developed and you'll be a lot closer to groceries,schools,etc., Don't get me wrong though houses in Sand Canyon are
pimp.gif
and a lot more private cause they have bigger lots.

Defconz, Thank you for the reply. Does Valencia get a lot of traffic like the LA streets? I looked at a houses today at Robinson Ranch and couldn't believewhat I saw. It was BEAUTIFUL. I had my eye on this house for sale.. It was I believe 6500 sq ft., 5 bed 4 bath, swimming pool, tennis court, basketball court,and 4 car garage. It was $1.3 million. I know I cant afford that fresh from med school and a residency salary, but are houses generally that size and cost thatmuch?

nah the streets in Valencia are generally clear and flow pretty well, the only time there is traffic is when the schools get out and it usually means longwaits at intersections but thats the worst that it gets, and generally you can find smaller and cheaper houses in Valencia, Saugus, Stevenson Ranch areas causethe developments are older, if you wanna see some baller houses look at Sand Canyon and Westridge(right on the TPC)

im from bakersfield. houses are cheap but to start a family? i dunno? im starting a family here.

I just wanted to know how the Santa Clarita Valley-Lancaster-Palmdale area is. I moved to Irvine from NY 6 years ago to attend med school (@UCI) and now that i am graduating, I wanted to move to start a family and a new life. Any suggestions or areas to move to?

Yessir! I've been living in Saugus/Valencia basically my whole life. It's really crazy to see how much this town has developed. When we first movedhere, it was all dirt with a few houses and ppl riding around on horses. Now it's like the perfect place to start and raise a family.

I suggest Valencia, Saugus, or Stevensons Ranch.

Canyon Country is kinda trashy IMO, but there are some nice spots. Same goes for Newhall. I wouldn't mind living in some parts of CC and Newhall, but toraise a FAM....sorry.

Sand Canyon has some REAL baller houses, especially in robinsons ranch. One of my homeboys used to live in RR, and his house was just
eek.gif
on so many differentlevels. the bad thing is ur kind of far away from everything.

if i were to move to the 661 area i would suggest looking into valencia my girlfriends from there and i would recommend the area especially if your trying to start a family there. Good area and the area is still developing. Especially if your going to be raising kids my girlfriend always tells me how good their schools are. Let me know if you got anymore questions. Hope this helps

I agree....throw in Saugus and Stevensons Ranch as well.

thank you both for the insightful replies. I went to Valencia around McBean (?) area and it does seem nice there. Very quiet and serene area. Also I went over to Canyon Country by Robinson Ranch GC and fell in love with that area. Is there any significant differences between the two areas?

You were right around where I live! There really are no significant differences between the two IMO. Both very good areas.

Does Valencia get a lot of traffic like the LA streets?

Mostly clear, although there can be at times, but NOTHING like LA streets.

Back
Top Bottom