Any NTers work or used to work at shoe stores like Finishline, footlocker, Champs, etc?

Foot Locker was a cool job while in high school and I enjoyed the discount but selling insoles was horrible, glad I had a cool boss tho. I hope you have patience OP and the only advice I have is STAY AWAY FROM THE KIDS WALL as much as possible

man, F' whatcha heard!!! i LOVE Foot Locker... me and a bunch of managers love this company.. theres little small things you hate but the job and company itself is the shizzle..

Congrats on the new job OP
pimp.gif
. You are now a slave 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio

I was in school, so I would get to work by 5 and this would really mess up my studies.

This is exactly why I quit NTNY the first time. More often than not, management doesn't take study time in account, they just see class time, but um...going to college requires a lot of reading outside of class
laugh.gif
. Lucky for me, I was able to work out a deal where I could go to school during the semester and work during summer/winter breaks.
pimp.gif

Thanks for the responses, guys. It seems like most of the "horror stories" and the dislike of working at shoe chains come from shoe forums, lol. I wouldn't mind working long hours at all- more work, more money. And I'd imagine working at a mall job has its perks and whatnot with the overall laid back feeling and seeing pretty girls. It appears like if I meet the company expectations for selling accessories, I should be straight for the job.

Originally Posted by Antidope

Disrespect every customer

When you go to the back for shoes take as much time as you feel like then lie and say the shoe isnt there

Purposely dent the shoes

Sneeze on their things

These tips brought to you by the Secrets About Your Job thread. http://niketalk.yuku.com/...1/Secrets-About-Your-Job

Spoiler [+]
Its all in good fun retail NT'ers I know how bad it is to work at your jobs
laugh.gif

I worked at Finishline for 7 yrs. Started as a junior in high school and finally quit once I started my full time job after college.

Looking back, there is NO way I would ever go back. Beyond the pay, horrible hours and impatient customers I started dealing with these "Super Finishline Managers".

Working there gave me an appreciation for the career I have now. I def loaded up on kicks and got MANY deals along the way. Nowadays, the 30% employee disc isnt even worth it.

Back
Top Bottom