Any of yall just take random trips/ travel by yourself?

Do it all the time. There is nothing like getting lost in a new place. I would suggest doing it man.

Yep i do it occasionally. Its an awesome feeling too....really gives you a sense of freedom. YOU do what YOU want WHEN you want. You don't have to sit around and wait for people to get ready, argue about who wants to go where or do what. Get yourself a decent hotel room, or even better use AirBNB and stay at someones place. Saves you tons of money and the people are usually more then accommodating. Hit the city and see what you want. If you're feeling lonely introduce yourself to people and hang out with them, people are very friendly and will enjoy conversations.

Its definitely an experience, and one i think everyone should experience.

i'll be going to amsterdam for a second time by myself. 

First time i went alone as well, cant say it wasnt 
laugh.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif

i want to, id prefer going with a lady but dolo is fine with me...id love to do it for an eagles game

Had my best travel experience this summer when I went alone to Rome, Paris and Barcelona. I decided to go alone since I took the last 2 trips with friends and wasnt happy, I was mostly annoyed by those a holes. So from now on Ill be goin solo dolo. I say F*c* friends.

Yea I've really been thinking about it, like going to Toronto, London,Tokyo solo it would be nice to have someone else to show me the ropes in the city so I could have an authentic experience but hell some of y'all NT folks might be crazy lol, and I'm a 6'3 240 pound black guy so I'm not too worried about safety but I'm not messing with hostels

I'm saving up for NYC next summer. It'll be my first time going solo but I'm looking forward to it. Honestly, I don't think my closest friends are interested in hitting up the spots I want to hit up (Yankee Stadium, etc.).

I'm going to Dublin solo in a couple weekends. Only two hours on ground until I turn around to go back to Newark, so I guess it doesn't count. I need miles though.
Having done amsterdam in a trio, I can't imagine doing it alone...unless you're staying drug-free.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Yea I've really been thinking about it, like going to Toronto, London,Tokyo solo it would be nice to have someone else to show me the ropes in the city so I could have an authentic experience but hell some of y'all NT folks might be crazy lol, and I'm a 6'3 240 pound black guy so I'm not too worried about safety but I'm not messing with hostels

Son talking like he's at the top of the food chain
laugh.gif

Jk.

I do a mix of both... I like traveling with people I'm on the same page with (interests, budget, etc). Otherwise I'd prefer traveling dolo over traveling with people I'm not compatible with.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

i'd like to but it doesn't seem like a safe thing to do
I knew a ton of girls at my old company who would travel alone. Our job involved a lot of traveling (consulting) to they burned their frequent flyer miles by taking trips (solo if no one else was free at the time). If you're staying at moderate to high-end $$ places I don't think you have to worry, even if you aren't black/male/6'3/240lbs 

i would put couchsurfing.com around the world on my bucket list, but i have to set myself up financially first

Whoever mentioned not feeling tied down to other people is absolutely right. I have traveled with both friends and family and, love them to death but, it can be a drag. People are indecisive, they all want to do different things, and if you're not an a-hole, you'll want to accomodate them. That means you're settling for certain things. If you travel alone, you don't have to settle for !%$#. Just do whatever you want to do.

Groupon  has some really good quick travel deals for the adventurous NT  
Solo in moderation is good though 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Jehul

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Son talking like he's at the top of the food chain
laugh.gif

Jk.

I do a mix of both... I like traveling with people I'm on the same page with (interests, budget, etc). Otherwise I'd prefer traveling dolo over traveling with people I'm not compatible with.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

i'd like to but it doesn't seem like a safe thing to do
I knew a ton of girls at my old company who would travel alone. Our job involved a lot of traveling (consulting) to they burned their frequent flyer miles by taking trips (solo if no one else was free at the time). If you're staying at moderate to high-end $$ places I don't think you have to worry, even if you aren't black/male/6'3/240lbs 

I was so close to going to Chicago alone over the summer. I was working so much I wasn't talking to anyone and I just needed to get away. Ended up going to LA instead to see a friend.

All the time. It feels great! I will just up and go to Cali or something, Might see a chick or something but it's something you should do at least once. Damn safety... if it's your time to go it's your time to go. 

I'm actually setting up to do this all next year. I will begin on the last weekend of january. Starting in my state and by april I'll be in in NY and my summer close to beaches.

Its going to be great. I'll be sure to make a thread to meet up some NTers and stuff. You should do the same. Travel while you still can.

This year so far
Paris

Londres

Spain

Italy

Jamaica

all alone.. Met some pretty amazing people throughout all the trips, and built a lot of friendships with people that have the same interests as I do. Maybe I am a different breed, but there isn't too many places in this world that i wouldn't go alone. Traveling is better done alone or like said before, w/ people that have the same interest, budgets etc.. With couchsurfing and hostel hopping, it isn't hard at all to meet people on the road. One of my worst trips was in Italy, when I went with a female acquaintance, she was on a different budget (not her money), she had little to no interests in anything other than $30 euro meals, and napping and other "affluent" bs.. 
laugh.gif
 I'll never make that mistake again.

did it this summer to NYC, linked up with the NT fam out there and had a blast. i had to get outta toronto for a weekend and NYC is like a 2nd home to me so it was perfect

I couldn't, I like to enjoy myself with my fam/friends/girl while outta RI

But ym cousin does, homie works for southwest and he told me he'll catch a flight somewhere just to go sightseeing for the day, said he went to chicago just for some pizza last week
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

This year so far
Paris

Londres

Spain

Italy

Jamaica

all alone.. Met some pretty amazing people throughout all the trips, and built a lot of friendships with people that have the same interests as I do. Maybe I am a different breed, but there isn't too many places in this world that i wouldn't go alone. Traveling is better done alone or like said before, w/ people that have the same interest, budgets etc.. With couchsurfing and hostel hopping, it isn't hard at all to meet people on the road. One of my worst trips was in Italy, when I went with a female acquaintance, she was on a different budget (not her money), she had little to no interests in anything other than $30 euro meals, and napping and other "affluent" bs.. 
laugh.gif
 I'll never make that mistake again.

haha, that's dope

Back
Top Bottom