Any of you ever heard of Coral Castle? vol. Key to the origin of the Pyramids?

some dude just put me on this...crazy
eek.gif
!

dude created a castle and structures completely out of stone using only primitive tools, ON HIS OWN USING NO MODERN TECHNOLOGY.

The grounds of Coral Castle consist of 1,100 short tons (1,000�t) of stones found in the forms of walls, carvings, furniture and a castle tower. While commonly referred to as being made up of coral, it is actually made of oolite, also known as oolitic limestone.

The stones are fastened together without any mortar. They are simply set on top of each other using their immense weight to keep them together. However, the craftsmanship detail is so skillful that the stones are connected with such precision that no light passes through the joints. The 8-foot (2.4 m) tall vertical stones that make up the perimeter wall have a uniform height. Even with the passage of decades and a direct hit on August 24, 1992 by the Category 5 Hurricane Andrew, which leveled everything in the area, the stones have not shifted.

What is most remarkable about the contents of the Coral Castle is the massive size of the stones used throughout the construction, all the more remarkable when one considers that a single man assembled the entire site using only primitive tools. With few exceptions, the objects are made from single pieces of stone that weigh on average 15�short tons (14 t) each. The largest stone weighs 30�short tons (27 t) and the tallest stones are two monolithic stones standing 25�ft (7.6 m) high each.

here is the official site

some dude just put me on this...crazy
eek.gif
!

dude created a castle and structures completely out of stone using only primitive tools, ON HIS OWN USING NO MODERN TECHNOLOGY.

The grounds of Coral Castle consist of 1,100 short tons (1,000�t) of stones found in the forms of walls, carvings, furniture and a castle tower. While commonly referred to as being made up of coral, it is actually made of oolite, also known as oolitic limestone.

The stones are fastened together without any mortar. They are simply set on top of each other using their immense weight to keep them together. However, the craftsmanship detail is so skillful that the stones are connected with such precision that no light passes through the joints. The 8-foot (2.4 m) tall vertical stones that make up the perimeter wall have a uniform height. Even with the passage of decades and a direct hit on August 24, 1992 by the Category 5 Hurricane Andrew, which leveled everything in the area, the stones have not shifted.

What is most remarkable about the contents of the Coral Castle is the massive size of the stones used throughout the construction, all the more remarkable when one considers that a single man assembled the entire site using only primitive tools. With few exceptions, the objects are made from single pieces of stone that weigh on average 15�short tons (14 t) each. The largest stone weighs 30�short tons (27 t) and the tallest stones are two monolithic stones standing 25�ft (7.6 m) high each.

here is the official site

Apparently the stone gate there failed and modern architects still haven't been able to set it back accurately.

Apparently the stone gate there failed and modern architects still haven't been able to set it back accurately.

Yeah. Heard of it before. It's out there in Florida. I've always wanted to visit this place... Those type of places are travel destinations for me. Stonehenge Easter Island, submerged pyrimids off the coast in Japan, etc... Dope stuff.

Yeah. Heard of it before. It's out there in Florida. I've always wanted to visit this place... Those type of places are travel destinations for me. Stonehenge Easter Island, submerged pyrimids off the coast in Japan, etc... Dope stuff.

Back
Top Bottom