Any SAE students?

Mods please move if necessary, but has anybody attended SAE for the Audio Production Program? Currently in the Bay Area, but it seems as if the SF location is one of the newest and they don't have as much of the equipment as the other schools nationwide... Thinking of a move to NY and attending the NYC location. Any feedback from wherever is appreciated (as far as the curriculum, internships, job placement, and all around atmosphere). Thanks!

SAE Los Angeles Grad here...

i took the ATP-(audio technology program) which was for engineering. atmosphere was cool. curriculum was ok. i would recommend that you you learn and read as much as you can in and outside of school and then try as much as you possibly can with the resources available. like with any education, you get out what you put in.

as far as internships and job placement, dont count on the school for that. Out of the 35 people in m class like 13 made it to the end and like 5 including myself actually work n the industry. And thats because of the relationships we had built during and prior to attending school.

IMHO, this type of school is good for the foundation of what you will learn and things you need to know in the real world.

if possible, find someone that will be willing to mentor you now rather than paying the 20-30k that the courses costs.

Great advice above
pimp.gif

LA grad as well, just like dude in the second reply.

I pretty much second what he said.

My advice is to know what you're getting into. Like dude was saying, roughly half the class made it to the end of the program. A lot of people I felt like got into it expecting one thing, and it ended up not being what they thought, or they weren't willing to put in the work necessary to get through the program. Some other people had this mentality that they were there to make beats.

I don't work in the recording industry but I do work in entertainment, and while what I learned in the ATP isn't being directly applied to my line of work, the concepts and understanding that I gained regarding equipment, I use on an almost daily basis. It's a good starting point for learning things you will need to know, and I had a great time while I was there.

One random thing, their loans are done through Sallie Mae, and for whatever reason I can't deduct interest from this loan when I file my taxes.. Just something to keep in mind if you are taking out a loan to attend.

Back
Top Bottom