any tea drinkers here ??? vol. new to this tea thang ......

You can cold brew tea, but I believe it takes far longer to steep properly, hours longer than using boiling water which takes a few minutes.

You can cold brew tea, but I believe it takes far longer to steep properly, hours longer than using boiling water which takes a few minutes.

big j good lookin on that info, i'm gonna look into coppin that teapot
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SinnerP

That's a good product Big J's got there... I have a similar one for my tea.

I drink more of the traditional Chinese teas... none of that tea-bag stuff, which at times, is comprised of the bottom-of-the-pile tea bits. Ultimately, I think it's best to go with actual tea leaves.
This is also excellent.

536px-HK_milk_tea.jpg
Milk tea. Yum.
pimp.gif

Chinese tea is good as well.
Green tea
Chai tea
English Breakfast tea with honey
does iced tea count?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SinnerP

That's a good product Big J's got there... I have a similar one for my tea.

I drink more of the traditional Chinese teas... none of that tea-bag stuff, which at times, is comprised of the bottom-of-the-pile tea bits. Ultimately, I think it's best to go with actual tea leaves.
This is also excellent.

536px-HK_milk_tea.jpg
Milk tea. Yum.
pimp.gif

Chinese tea is good as well.
Green tea
Chai tea
English Breakfast tea with honey
does iced tea count?
laugh.gif

Man no disrespect to anyone here, but you don't need to buy a teapot. Just use a pot. Boil water, throw in your tea bag. Add lemon, mint, honey, or whatever you add and call it a day.

If you want to ICE it, let it cool down afterwards, and put it in a pitcher you buy from the dollar store and put it in the fridge.

I personally don't sweeten my tea, I don't need it, but for those that do, Honey is a good choice.

Fresh Mint, Green Tea, Lemon, nice stuff there. Especially iced.

Man no disrespect to anyone here, but you don't need to buy a teapot. Just use a pot. Boil water, throw in your tea bag. Add lemon, mint, honey, or whatever you add and call it a day.

If you want to ICE it, let it cool down afterwards, and put it in a pitcher you buy from the dollar store and put it in the fridge.

I personally don't sweeten my tea, I don't need it, but for those that do, Honey is a good choice.

Fresh Mint, Green Tea, Lemon, nice stuff there. Especially iced.

i hear u but that teapot looks awfully cool
laugh.gif

anyone have suggestions about which loose tea leaves are good. i prefer green and black tea but im willing to try some others .....

i hear u but that teapot looks awfully cool
laugh.gif

anyone have suggestions about which loose tea leaves are good. i prefer green and black tea but im willing to try some others .....

I don't care about how cool something looks if I am the only one looking at it and using it. It is just tea, looks aren't important. Trivial stuff man
pimp.gif

But yea, I haven't done any loose leaf teas. I usually take tea from my job. Ample amount sitting in my cabinet. Peach, Mint, Green, Raspberry.

I don't care about how cool something looks if I am the only one looking at it and using it. It is just tea, looks aren't important. Trivial stuff man
pimp.gif

But yea, I haven't done any loose leaf teas. I usually take tea from my job. Ample amount sitting in my cabinet. Peach, Mint, Green, Raspberry.

mee too, the variety i have sitting in my job is crazy. just want something for the house

mee too, the variety i have sitting in my job is crazy. just want something for the house

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

pimp.gif

It isn't a matter of looks, for loose tea leaves you can't simply throw the tea in the pot and be done with it. You need a tea ball, or a tea pot that will strain it for you.
I see what you're saying, but it isn't a matter of buying something because it looks cool or to impress, it serves a practical purpose in this instance.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

pimp.gif

It isn't a matter of looks, for loose tea leaves you can't simply throw the tea in the pot and be done with it. You need a tea ball, or a tea pot that will strain it for you.
I see what you're saying, but it isn't a matter of buying something because it looks cool or to impress, it serves a practical purpose in this instance.

Back
Top Bottom