any Wacom tablet users?

just picked up a bamboo capture, going to return it and pick up the create(twice the drawing area) as soon as theyre in stock.  this thing is pretty slick, but i'm having a tough time using it, not so much because of the disconnect between the pen and the screen, but that its just weird drawing on a tablet.  i keep wanting to pick up my handy and move it.
the hot keys on it are pretty nice too.  and the fact that it doubles as a trackpad is icing on the cake

pic below for those curious

(not my pic, but same one)

wacom03.jpg

It took a little getting used to for me. With paper, you can reposition the paper to make the plain your drawing in be in a convenient and comfortable spot. However, with a tablet, the bottom right corner of the screen will be the bottom right corner of the tablet no matter what. I had to adjust to having to move the image on the screen as opposed to my innate desire to move the tablet. Once you get used to that dynamic it's pretty useful. I don't really use the buttons on it at all though--mainly because I was too lazy to figure what they do and I only use it for recreational Photoshops.

I have a bamboo...barely used it. I got discouraged quick
laugh.gif
and just got handy with the mouse instead...but it feels I'm wasting too much time with it so I'm gonna try and draw with my tablet again
laugh.gif

I had one back in college, got rid of it back in 2005ish though, they were really awkward to use back then, but apparently have gotten a lot better in translating what you're trying to do with computer work. It was really cool to finally have a tablet to use Apple Inkwell (software going way back to the Newton days)

Originally Posted by RealRubirosa

I don't really use the buttons on it at all though--mainly because I was too lazy to figure what they do and I only use it for recreational Photoshops.
i set mine to do "undo" and "shift" for straight lines, really useful so far.  gonna try to keep practicing and get used to it so i dont end up with an expensive paperweight...

Anyone like to show their work with the tablet? I'd like to get one but never used it. I need it to use for tracing in Illustrator since I actually thought you can do everything with the pen tool. I need to learn to make my own brushes.

^^^That looks dope. So what did you actually use the tablet for? I am assuming you drew that first. Did you just use the tablet to blur and blend the colors and add textures?

Nope. Actually did the whole thing from scratch in sketchbook pro. I did a rough thumbnail on paper and then went into it on the computer. The intuos is great.

Back
Top Bottom