Any1 with any Fish Tanks/Aquariums in their house?

Whats going on. Lately i had the urge to get a fish tank setup in my house again. I had a 10 gallon when i was younger, and thought they were boring as hellback than
laugh.gif
But right now once i have the spare money I'm looking tobuy a 20-30 gallon setup and put maybe 10-15 different types of fresh water fish in there. Just looking for any advice.. what type of fish you guys have..pics of your setups anything is greatly appreciated.

10-15 is too much, unless you're planning to have a good amount die.

ive had fish all my life. i cant even begin to count how many ive had over the years how many ive bred etc. right now i probably have the least of anytime inmy life, just a 10gal and a 30gal long. next spring im building a 200gal custom tank so i can get my very first arowana. either that or ill use it for a southamerican cichlid tank.

in my 10gal i keep a crowntail betta and 3 dalmation mollies. on the 30gal ive got a lil school of otocinclus and a pair of a friend's convicts that imholding for him.

Here's my collection, I like aggressive big fishes minus the discuses. I had a silver arowana, black arowana, jardini, discuses,datnoid,flowerhornangelfish, rams.
My most prized fish is the black aro, cost me $200. Raised it from a baby to 9" till it jumped out one night
frown.gif

Planning to start up my saltwater tank soon.

28lgumt.jpg

15q9f5v.jpg

2v8mqv6.jpg

2upsn5h.jpg

2iqy3o2.jpg

cant supply pics at the moment but i have an aquarium and a reptile tank. the fish tank has 2 alligator gar and an eel that i personaly caught. the reptiletank has 2 bearded dragons in it.

Originally Posted by SwanginOn4z

cant supply pics at the moment but i have an aquarium and a reptile tank. the fish tank has 2 alligator gar and an eel that i personaly caught. the reptile tank has 2 bearded dragons in it.
re-up on those pics, i wanna see
pimp.gif

My stepdad has a pretty dope salt water aquarium set up.
It's like the tank from Finding Nemo, haha.

No Piranha? figured someone would have a few. I had 6 at one time but I let a friend take them when I went a a "vacation". I'll get another tanksoon. there relaxing to watch. Where did that little turtle come from? they wont sell em that small around here
tired.gif

Originally Posted by damnitzvin

15q9f5v.jpg
eek.gif
whoa man the coloring of that jardini is stunning, esp thefins. got any close ups?
am debating between a jardini or an asian. it'll come down to price eventually. need a super red someday. too bad about your black aro they look the bestof any aro in terms of body shape.

have kept fish all my life used to manage an aquarium.....my advice if your serious about keeping fish don't bother with anything smaller than a 50-65gallon tank. If you decide to go any smaller you really start to limit your options as far as fish go. Good luck!

where'd yall learn bout fishes? id like to eventually get a nice tank once i get my own place. . .

this is my setup its a Saltwater tank 20 gallons. 1 clown, live rock(going to add another 20 pounds), frogspawn and pink zoo their were only 5 of them when ifirst got it now theirs like 15+ polyps and a few hermit crab and 2 turbo snails live sand. looking to add 2 more small fish. Need to clean it recently had abad algae outbreak. im going to be setting up another one of about 60+ gallons soon when i get my money straight. my advice the bigger the tank the better itgives you more options just go with the biggest size you can afford gives you more room for mistakes.

20 gal long SWR tank. Not my thing, but my husbands. He also does commercial and residential aquarium maintenance. We're also setting up a freshwater pico(I think its 3.5 gals) oh and we're ditching the clowns. theyre filthy and pick on any other fish. meanies. The third fish is a yellow watchmans goby. mr.gobes. he's cool but doesn't come out much due to the clowns. There are some hermits, snails and cleaner shrimp in there as well.

5216_122509186857_568781857_3441225_6468241_n.jpg

5216_122509191857_568781857_3441226_2302955_n.jpg

heres an old full tank shot, missing quite a few corals tho
l_58e8a2e3a5cf4e0cba5a5aa281ce4c41.jpg

I use to have one (with sharks in it) back when I was a kid but those are a lot of maintenance to keep clean and running properly...although they do look cooland are fun to watch.

Will post pics later but currently this is what I have:
- 1 Jardini
- 1 Silver Arowana
- 1 Xingu Vittata Pleco
- 1 Clown Pleco
- 1 Marble Sailfin Pleco
- 3 Indonesian Tiger Datnoids
- 1 American Tiger Datnoid
- 1 Northern Thailand Tiger Datnoid
- 1 Pictus Catfish

I spent over $500 on fishes, over $200 worth of fishes died. I just need a New Guinea Tiger Datnoid to complete my collection. Haven't bought a shoe sincethe Air Jordan 1 High Straps back in November 2008, so I needed a hobby and got into fishes.

Back
Top Bottom