Any1 with any Fish Tanks/Aquariums in their house?

Originally Posted by Kong860

I have 3 Texas chiclids and they eat ALOT of fish
THESE ARE NOT TEXAS CICHLIDS !!! They are Parachromis Manguense "Jaguars" they get to be between 12" and 18" that hex tankis WAY too small you are gonna need a 6ft tank 125 gallons and them feeders are swimming disease carriers feed a pellet and some type of shrimp

I have 3 tanks a 55, 75 and a 125 in the 55 there are juvinile Central Am Cichlids , 75 African cichlids and in the 125 Central Am Cichlids

28lgumt.jpg

Is that sand or just small $+! gravel? If it is sand does it get dirty quick? It looks
pimp.gif

l_58e8a2e3a5cf4e0cba5a5aa281ce4c41.jpg
This is
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
.... Do you have to buy all of the coral separate or something? Do you justplace them where you want to? It really looks nice as hell

Originally Posted by jrp44

l_58e8a2e3a5cf4e0cba5a5aa281ce4c41.jpg
This is
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
.... Do you have to buy all of the coral separate or something? Do you just place them where you want to? It really looks nice as hell

Yep. Can't place them willy nilly because they have different light and water flow requirements. Some need to be placed on the sand bed as well. Although"frags" will vary in size/# heads/# polyps depending on what you buy. You can buy full sized "show" corals, but they will be $$. Thankfully the husband now works at a fish store and can get stuff cheap. It is not a cheap hobby
laugh.gif
We have a few grand sunk into it. The tank is a year and a half old but itstarted out as a 29 gallon BioCube, when we moved back in March we switched to this tank. Had a few losses too, it's hard to relocate aquariums.

You should see our electric bill. We have this tank, the pico tank, my 30 gallon dart frog tank and another 40 gallon frog tank that's waiting for frogs.
smh.gif
Oh and the apartment temp has to be kept under 80 degrees because neither the frogs nor the SW tank can get too hot
laugh.gif

I accidentally turned the heater up too high and killed them all.... I have one fish left.

Question:

How do I keep the PH level down in my tank?

Nice tanks everybody. I had a fish tank at my old house. It was a 30 Gallon tank. I had a jack dempsey, oscar & blue convict. The dempsey & oscar wouldoccasionally fight. It was a real interesting tank. I've had an arowana in the past. It's really cool they way they eat because they lunge at theirprey. If you are going to get one, make sure you put something heavy on the top cover so he doesn't jump out. My arowana jumped out
frown.gif

Here are 2 pics of my oscar & female convict.
bjb9uh.jpg

has anyone here built their own tank?

im in the process of getting some materials together to build my own 200gal 6ft long tank. it'll be tempered glass on one side and marine-grade plywoodsandwiched in fibreglass and coated in marine epoxy for the other sides. its to house an asian arowana in the future along with a lima shovel-nose cat. anyonehere keep an asian? what tankmates have you had luck with?

ive seen the odd tanks with super reds matched alongside Mbuna, p.bass, red tail cats, big clowns etc. they dont seem ideal but if it works i guess it works.

Has anybody ever ordered fish online?... I need to get some more fish for my tank.

I have a 10-Gallon freshwater tank.... any suggestions?

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Has anybody ever ordered fish online?... I need to get some more fish for my tank.

I have a 10-Gallon freshwater tank.... any suggestions?
You should look into getting some Convicts. They are aggressive fish & interesting to watch. Plus they are easy to distinguish if they aremale or female.

Originally Posted by brrraptors

has anyone here built their own tank?

im in the process of getting some materials together to build my own 200gal 6ft long tank. it'll be tempered glass on one side and marine-grade plywood sandwiched in fibreglass and coated in marine epoxy for the other sides. its to house an asian arowana in the future along with a lima shovel-nose cat. anyone here keep an asian? what tankmates have you had luck with?

ive seen the odd tanks with super reds matched alongside Mbuna, p.bass, red tail cats, big clowns etc. they dont seem ideal but if it works i guess it works.

I built my own tank years and years ago 7ft just under 300 gal (no longer running). Good luck with the build I still remember how nervous I was that firstnight I filled it could not sleep. Mine was all glass so construction for a plywood tank is very different. Best place I've seen for Asian Aros is DragonAquarium in Sauga

Had 2 Japanese Fighting Fish, Billy and Unique, One went down the drain when my mom cleaned the bowl and the other died of ick. RIP

Originally Posted by LLC Money

Originally Posted by In3gra
I don't know much about fish, but dont them little youngins need some sort of atmosphere like rocks, plants, a sunken treasure chest, coral, etc? I'm not criticizing just wondering if there was a reason
nerd.gif
I was wondering the same thing.

Picked up a 29 gallon Starter kit yesterday...Now I am looking for a stand before I start it up....I didn't realize fish tank stands were so damn expensive
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

just added some fish to the tank today and changed the plants...

Thats actually really decent...im a fan of the neon colors.

Where would one go about getting the stuff for a forest aquarium?

Back
Top Bottom