Anybody else Can't Nap?

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Polyphasic sleep FTW.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I fall under Everyman. About a 3 hour sleep with three or four 20-30 minute naps. I'm a starving comic book artist/writer so I need to be up as much as possible to get **** done.

[h2]The Advantages of Polyphasic Sleep[/h2]
Polyphasic sleep has been called the "sleep of genius" Famous folk such as Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, Napoleon. and Winston Churchill have used this schedule in some form or another. Many who have trialled polyphasic sleep have reported feeling extremely creative, although this state may take some weeks to achieve.

The obvious advantage of course is the extra time gained in each twenty four hour period. If you follow the classic schedule, six naps of 25 minutes each, you would be averaging only two and a half hours sleep!

Once you get used to polyphasic sleep, you can slip into the sleep state within a few minutes, compared to twenty minutes or even longer for monophasic sleep.

Writers, poets, composers or anyone who needs creativity in their field, find that sleeping this way allows them to be more creative. This could be due to the occurrence of more alpha and theta brainwaves, rather than beta, during their waking hours.

moz-screenshot-8.jpg
moz-screenshot-9.jpg

?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Polyphasic sleep FTW.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I fall under Everyman. About a 3 hour sleep with three or four 20-30 minute naps. I'm a starving comic book artist/writer so I need to be up as much as possible to get **** done.

[h2]The Advantages of Polyphasic Sleep[/h2]
Polyphasic sleep has been called the "sleep of genius" Famous folk such as Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, Napoleon. and Winston Churchill have used this schedule in some form or another. Many who have trialled polyphasic sleep have reported feeling extremely creative, although this state may take some weeks to achieve.

The obvious advantage of course is the extra time gained in each twenty four hour period. If you follow the classic schedule, six naps of 25 minutes each, you would be averaging only two and a half hours sleep!

Once you get used to polyphasic sleep, you can slip into the sleep state within a few minutes, compared to twenty minutes or even longer for monophasic sleep.

Writers, poets, composers or anyone who needs creativity in their field, find that sleeping this way allows them to be more creative. This could be due to the occurrence of more alpha and theta brainwaves, rather than beta, during their waking hours.

moz-screenshot-8.jpg
moz-screenshot-9.jpg

once this cycle ends u pass out for a day straight

Originally Posted by jjsrf

use to be the same way, then i got to college... napping is an art form in college
QFT. Naps are a must for me, in between or after classes to make up for the lack of sleep at night.

Use to nap all the time before I got switched to the third shift at my job.
I don't even sleep anymore, I just fall into deep sleep-like comma's
smh.gif

I can hardly ever nap. The other night I got like 3 hours of sleep and I stayed up all day until like 1 a.m.

Rarely... everyone else I know does since we're always up late and flooded with work (entering the last year of university)

But no matter how tired I am, or how late I stayed up/how early I awoke... I can't (and refuse to, since even if I do miraculously fall asleep, it throwsoff my whole day)

Like my away on AIM says: "I don't take naps, I take vacations." I usually stay up for a long time like 24-36 hours then sleep for like 12. Napsare a no go cause once I'm up I'm up. And for some strange reason when I eat food I don't catch the itis, I become full of energy. I actually stayup longer after eating

I thought it was self explanatory...

It means you don't sleep 6-8 (or whatever) hours straight. You break it into naps and stuff so you can get more time out of the day. So in total I sleepabout 4 - 5 hours a day. And because you get so many rest periods you're body/mind acts a little different, especially if you're focused on something.So lets say I've been up 4 hours since my last nap, I'll take a nap, but the last thing I put into my mind to think about I'm kind of sort ofconsciously brainstorming while I sleep. Most people when they sleep they just knock out and dont remember a damn thing...I tend to remember almost everythingI was thinking about while I napped for those 30 minutes.

I've been working an overnight shift since October 2008 and I started sleeping like this since January cause its whats worked best for me. Plus I got alotgoing on. The first 2 weeks I ended up crashing and burning alot (aka knocking out for 6+ hours) but I've been straight ever since...

I cant take naps. No matter how long I sleep for, I feel even more tired when I wake up. I would just rather stay awake all day

Back
Top Bottom