Anybody Else Get Mad at the End of America History X? Spoiler

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Really? I thought the ending was PERFECT.
I should have phrased it better. The ending was great but it made me mad, not because it was bad, but because I felt bad for Ed Norton and how some kid just threw away his life over something so stupid.
He was avenging his brothers death. Im not saying thats right or wrong. But it showed how the whole thing is a cycle. And once you start it, its hard to stop it.
I'm not 100% positive, but I do not believe the killings in the beginning of the movie have anything to do with the murder at the end. In allactuality, I believe him dying in the end is more of a commentary on how senseless killing/crime occurs regardless of race or skin color.

i.e. The Skinheads/Nazis have all these crazy beliefs, rob that grocery store for no reason, but on the flipside, this young black man kills him strictly forblowing smoke in his face.

Originally Posted by doyung9

I should have phrased it better. The ending was great but it made me mad, not because it was bad, but because I felt bad for Ed Norton and how some kid just threw away his life over something so stupid.
He was avenging his brothers death. Im not saying thats right or wrong. But it showed how the whole thing is a cycle. And once you start it, its hard to stop it.
I'm not 100% positive, but I do not believe the killings in the beginning of the movie have anything to do with the murder at the end. In all actuality, I believe him dying in the end is more of a commentary on how senseless killing/crime occurs regardless of race or skin color.

i.e. The Skinheads/Nazis have all these crazy beliefs, rob that grocery store for no reason, but on the flipside, this young black man kills him strictly for blowing smoke in his face.
did you watch the movie? the black kid was the brother of dude that got curb stomped, he was specifically looking for dude so he could getvengeance. because there was a scene where they rolled up to his house and left. so you know they were out looking for him.

if he killed him just for blowing smoke in his face, why did he have the heater on him at school that day? it was premeditated

Didn't the director or writer of the movie want the ending to be of Ed Norton rejoining the neo Nazis and there was a controversy between him and thestudio.

--I thought the ending fit the movie perfectly.
--Dude got closed by his brother to stop the Nazi stuff..then gets capped. Ironic.
--Great movie. Instant classic IMO.

StompIllegalAliens.gif

Originally Posted by ESPNonthescreen

I'm not 100% positive, but I do not believe the killings in the beginning of the movie have anything to do with the murder at the end. In all actuality, I believe him dying in the end is more of a commentary on how senseless killing/crime occurs regardless of race or skin color.

i.e. The Skinheads/Nazis have all these crazy beliefs, rob that grocery store for no reason, but on the flipside, this young black man kills him strictly for blowing smoke in his face.
did you watch the movie? the black kid was the brother of dude that got curb stomped, he was specifically looking for dude so he could get vengeance. because there was a scene where they rolled up to his house and left. so you know they were out looking for him.

if he killed him just for blowing smoke in his face, why did he have the heater on him at school that day? it was premeditated
what? i thought it was because his brother is associated with the nazi stuff and the kids thought he was one too.

Originally Posted by ESPNonthescreen

did you watch the movie? the black kid was the brother of dude that got curb stomped, he was specifically looking for dude so he could get vengeance. because there was a scene where they rolled up to his house and left. so you know they were out looking for him.

Yes, I did watch the movie. I've watched it more times than I can count, actually.

So please, if he was looking for Ed Norton's younger brother specifically, why didn't he just kick his +%% in the bathroom? They didn't even care,they were too busy kicking that kids' %$! in the bathoom. They wouldn't have told him $%! until he blew the smoke in his face. The guy was insulted, sothey found out who he was, where he lived, and then planned to kill him in the bathroom.

Also, if he was really trying to avenge his brother, why did he wait so many years? Remember, Derek has been in jail for over 2 years.

Seriously, bro, I hate to bust your bubble, but the black kid was not the black guy's brother from the beginning of the movie. Totally unrelated incidents.Just watch it over and you'll understand.

I loved the movie, but like Shawshank Redemption, it #!#%*% my mind up for a couple of days after I watched it.

Originally Posted by LLC Money

I can get why you would say that...but how you gonna say "spoiler" like this joint doesn't come out until next week?
laugh.gif
Maybe because we're discussing the ending and there are some people who haven't seen the movie.
indifferent.gif

Great movie. back in the day when it came out i remember everyone getting so hyped because the Stomp was a must see. .lol

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Duke looked like Gucci Mane
eek.gif
i thought so too

i dont think there was any evidence that backed up the kid who shot daniel being brothers with the guys ed norton killed. i assumed they may have been, but themovie never displayed that connection

love that movie....i was kinda mad at the ending but that's why i love it. unexpected

Back
Top Bottom