Anybody else incorporates vegetable juice into their nutritional lifestyle?

Recently I've been hitting up this juice/smoothie bar by my job and been getting vegetable juice. They juice me a carrot, apple, cucumber, beets, celery and sometimes ginger. I would drink like two of these s day and i see myself with a lot more energy than usual. When I first tried it, it tasted disgusting but then my taste buds got used to it. I've noticed weight loss as well. I recommend this to anyone who's trying to cut down. I wish my spot had more vegetable choices, though. I'm thinking about investing in a juicer, though too. My body feels amazing and is starting to LOOK amazing also. It's really not that hard to change your eating habits at all. Gotta have that dedication. I want to set and be a living example for all the fat people out there. I care and wish y'all the best of luck. - Mayor. (any questions, holla at me)

these

2095y69.jpg

or these

2le5t1j.jpg

pimp.gif

plain vegetable juice is disgusting.

I do fresh carrot/celery/apple juice with my vanilla protein every morning. %$#$ is delicious.

Originally Posted by djc703

Tried V8 vegetable juice and almost threw up my stomach. But maybe it might taste better freshly juiced? 
grin.gif

V8 uses tomatoes right? I think tomato juice is wretched. Seriously, hit up a juice bar and get carrot, cucumber, beet and some fruit (apple, pineapple or orange) for a little sweetness. After the second or third time you drink it, it will actually start tasting good. Those Naked juices are amazing as well. The Green Machine flavor is mad good

I'd rather just eat the vegetables. It's pretty simple to integrate them into all of your meals.

Nah, eating vegetables are a hassle. A mastigating juicer extracts all of the vitamins from vegetables without heating them away. And V-8 aint the same as juice from a juicer. They put so many damn chemicals in their to preserve the integrity of the juice and prevent it from spoiling that it really can't be called juice.

I'm actually in the market for a high end juicer at the moment. Still not sure which brand to go with but I'm definitely gonna cop one soon.

Originally Posted by TheWindScar31

Originally Posted by limonyfresh

I'd rather just eat the vegetables. It's pretty simple to integrate them into all of your meals.

I feel the same way.
I concur.
I used to get vegetable juice at this place called RIPE here in queens.  Super 6 - cucumber, ginger, carrot, beets, spinach, melon....tasted great but I'm susceptible to rich foods...so I bought a juicer and I juice in the summer.

Winter it's strictly melons...watermelon, cantaloupe...very alkalizing foods which are good to counter-balance the mostly acid foods we eat a lot of

Breville and Omega make the best juicers. Omega's are masticating, which means it doesnt utilize heat to increase the motor that extracts the juice, which results in a loss of vitamins, as vitamins evaporate when heated. A solid juicer should run you anywhere between $300-$500 but you can get a typical centrifigal juicer for like a $100, but these arent as thorough in the juice extraction process and utilize heat as a means of extraction, which as stated, results in loss of vitamins. It just depends on the brand and quality you desire. Amazon is the best site for juicers, though.

i was making juice with 1-2 meals a day for like a month, but it got to be too much of a hassle

now i drink odwalla superfood for my juice fix

Highly reccomend it. Started it to lose weight and just get healthier over all.3 mos later I dont think I'll stop.
I drink probably 2 glasses a day(20-24oz each) and eat one regular meal and a snack everyday. I feel better,
have more energy, and lost weight. I used to have acid reflux but I noticed i haven't had any in months. 
I have a Breville and it works well. But I've never owned one before so i have nothing to compare it to.
I suggest buying one and making one large batch once a day. Less cleanup. They reccomend not storing it
more than 24 hours.Loses some nutritional value after that.
I also buy 100% coconut water and add it to each batch. Thins it out and makes it more drinkable IMO.
Really high in potassium too.

i can honestly say, i've never eaten vegetables. No lie, i'm as unhealthy as they come.. i just cant get myself to eat em
frown.gif
. I'm no tank, but i'm not skinny either, any tips ??

Btw them V 8 juices look terrible !! i would try broccoli someday with all the cheese on it of course lol .. carrots no thanks, celery no thanks, lettuce & tomatoes no thanks.. i'd much rather french fries with ketchup <3 those are my vegetables lol .. i need help !!! .. Does corn count ?? lol
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Koudie From BroOklyn

i can honestly say, i've never eaten vegetables. No lie, i'm as unhealthy as they come.. i just cant get myself to eat em
frown.gif
. I'm no tank, but i'm not skinny either, any tips ??

Btw them V 8 juices look terrible !! i would try broccoli someday with all the cheese on it of course lol .. carrots no thanks, celery no thanks, lettuce & tomatoes no thanks.. i'd much rather french fries with ketchup <3 those are my vegetables lol .. i need help !!! .. Does corn count ?? lol
smokin.gif
30t6p3b.gif
u should die

Originally Posted by djc703

Tried V8 vegetable juice and almost threw up my stomach. But maybe it might taste better freshly juiced? 
grin.gif

Actually happened to me
tired.gif
 never messing with it again... 

There's a docu on netflix bout this a couple months ago, good stuff but not for me

Dailysteals.com has a juicer for 14.99 right now. It ends in an hour though. If you don't get that one, get the Cookinex brand stainless steel one. I have the Jack LaLanne model that costs 110 but I like the Cookinex better. It has suction cups on the bottom so it doesn't move, the pourer actually has a lip that filters all the foam out when you poor and all the pieces come out easier than the Jack LaLanne which has this stupid tool to remove the blade that if you lose, you can't take the blade off.

Back
Top Bottom