Anybody else keep getting calls about extending your car warranty? HEATED

Man what the hell is going on? For the past few months I've been getting calls from random numbers on my cell phone. When I answer it's a recordingsaying, this is your last notice on extending your warranty. I usually just hang up, but a few weeks ago I pressed 1. When dude asked me if I wanted toextend my warranty, I told them that if they could tell me my make and model I'd consider it. Then they tried to be slick and told me that I had to verifyit so they could see if I qualified for the extension. Hold up...

You're calling me and telling me that my warranty is about to expire, yet you don't know #$*# about the car I drive.

And the funny thing is that I drive a 1990 Cadillac Brougham. My warranty expired over a decade ago.

So I just got a call 10 minutes ago, and I asked the dude what's the name of his company. Dude wouldn't tell me, and just hung up.

I'm on the DNC list, and how the hell could this company get my cell phone number? What's worst is that they call my mom's cell, and mybrother's cell. We all have t-mobile so I'm wondering if the t-mobile databases are being compromised.

They call in the middle of the night, early in the morning, all damn day. And it's always a different number, yet when you try to call back the numbersays its been disconnected.

I searched a few of the numbers online, and it seems like it's some kind of scam going on. Am I the only one on NT that keeps getting these calls. I'm really pissed off.

I get them all the time...always from a blocked number too.
smh.gif

YES

i get 10 calls a day from diff area codes all over the USA.

how do we stop this? i never pick up but i know its them.

so far today ive 2

i dont even got a car and i get them. when it says stay on the line i do to tlak to someone. and i say im not jacob and to stop calling me. and they sayalright sir we wont. but they still do.

Good to see I'm not alone. NT, we've got to do something about this. From my research online it appears the company is:
National Auto Warranty Services, Inc

aka US Fidelis, Inc

100 Mall Pkwy

Wentzville, MO 63385

Tel: 636-639-1620

Website: http://www.oneautowarranty.com | http://www.usfidelis.com

President: Darian Atkinson

VP: Cory C. Atkinson

Chairman: Philip J. Jehle

CFO: Fred Kolb (ext 7731)

Legal Dept: Michelle Skidmore, Stacey Scales

General Sales Manager: Derek Carroll (ext 7799)

General Manager: Eddie Struckman (ext 7706)

Team Managers: Brian Hayes, Brian Sczepanski, Chris Robinson, Len Woolfenden and Nils Foldberg.

Florida State Incorporation #: F05000006403

However, from a post on this site, They're pissed too

I called over the weekend to leave a complaint with USfidelis, and just got a call back from Rex Reinhardt, who spoke to me for eight minutes about the situation. According to him, they're being framed by someone (he guessed it was a competitor), and they're talking to the FCC about it on Friday. He sounded both apologetic and pissed. ("This is not just illegal, this is fraud. They're going down.") He asked me for details about the calls - I got the impression he'd never actually heard one - and said they were entering all the data they had into a spreadsheet to submit to the FCC. He left me with his cell phone number and the email address of his boss (Dan Loiacono), and encouraged me to string the robocallers along to squeeze more information out of them.
Now, I can't say from this that their hands are definitely clean, but it's not the behavior of your typical spammer to make eight-minute calls to those marks that complain, nor do they generally give out their private cell phone numbers and email addresses. This could factor into some sort of cover-your-$%% legal strategy, but the guy sounded sincere. He certainly didn't know the content of the robocalls, judging by the amount of time it took us to straighten out what the script was.

I'm not trying to be a #@%+ here, Nevesis, and I appreciate the work you've done. But it's way too easy to whip up an internet mob before all the facts are on the table; I feel it's pretty important to show all the steps that lead to a conclusion.

So I don't know what the hell is going on, but somethings gotta give.
mad.gif

Used to then I stayed on and cursed them out and they never called me again.

smh.gif
smh.gif

Me too. I even decided to go and listen to the phone call and have them unsubscribed from their list. When it was all said and done, few weeks later theycalled me again.
indifferent.gif

How do we permanently stop this?

i started taking names and numbers when they called, then i threatened with a lawyer. they hadn't called me since.

I got a missed call from them, called back and when you press one, it supposedly takes you off their list.
JAYMATIK also posted a link where it prevents certain companies or what not from calling you, I don't have it though.
embarassed.gif

man i rush to answer the phone and i pick up the phone to get this dumb call. i only get them on my home phone though

Originally Posted by Luong1209

I got a missed call from them, called back and when you press one, it supposedly takes you off their list.
JAYMATIK also posted a link where it prevents certain companies or what not from calling you, I don't have it though.
embarassed.gif
+1

...few weeks later, I get another call from them.
indifferent.gif

I got that call at work one time on the company phone #... im like oh word? Best Buys car insurance is running out? Really?

yeah i get em all the time i hate em i actually talked to one of their salesman for like 20 mins acting like I was going to buy then hung up. He called me backwith a actual working number to their call center. If anyone wants to call and give em a piece of your mind heres the number 1-800-941-0722

Back
Top Bottom