ANYBODY EVER BEEN INJURED?? UnOfficial Redshirt List / IR

i just got some bad news, family... i'm a junior this year, and i was poised to be startin point guard for my college this season... murkin everybody,lockin up, front of drills, and i came from a juco, so you know i had to show them cats who i was... but one wrong step, and boom...

broke my foot... done for the season...
frown.gif

has anyone ever been hurt where they couldnt get back on the playin field? any advice you can hand out?... the only good thing i can get out of this is a freeyear of school, and a chance to get a lil stronger and faster... but i didnt want to be forced off the court... i feel like if i just woulda took one step tothe left, i'da been good...

i just wanna know the mental process that is ahead of me cuz i havent been injured in all my years of playin sports... this is new to me...

Tore my ACL, MCL, and meniscus playin IM basketball last year. Still haven't gotten surgery cause I'm taking 18 credits this semester and can'tafford to miss anything

I'm going into my third year of college ball, so I'm still playing, but here's the only experience I can share with you:

It was tenth grade of high school and I broke my ankle the thursday practice before the season's saturday opening game.

My advice to you is to not rush back. Rehab till you're 101%. If you do it correctly, and are patient, you should come out if it stronger.

Also make the most out of your time on the bench, watching the game. Pick up whatever you can from studying the game and the players on the court.

The blessing with having the game taken away from you is that you'll come back so hungry. With a fully rehabbed foot and that new level of hunger, youshould be able to storm back and possibly make an even bigger impact next season.

Best of luck.

I was walking on to Northern Illinois football team and I tore my mcl and acl b4 i touched the field..life is not over brotha..what school u at?

tired.gif
Happened to me in H.S., broke my ankle inpractice......practice
smh.gif

We were doing the layup drill where one person runs down the court and the other throws the ball to you from where you started running.

Well my teamate threw it too far, and I caught it in an awkward position and still tried to lay it in but I was so out of position that when i landed it was onmy foot sideways.

happy.gif
made the layup though

i go to TAMU Kingsville... its a D2 down by Corpus Christi Texas...

we are in the lone star conference, and made it to the national tourney last year... so we aint no slouch team...

i like what homey said about comin back hungry... cuz i'm already ready to get on the floor... next year, i'm comin out strong... 18ppg, 8apgminimum... i gotta get it in...

and the education is on lock... i'm graduating in may '11, so i'ma graduate w/ an extra year of eligibility... so i'm gonna go ahead and get myfirst year of my MBA paid for and take this as a blessing in disguise...

Originally Posted by lysolflow

i just got some bad news, family... i'm a junior this year, and i was poised to be startin point guard for my college this season... murkin everybody, lockin up, front of drills, and i came from a juco, so you know i had to show them cats who i was... but one wrong step, and boom...

frown.gif

has anyone ever been hurt where they couldnt get back on the playin field? any advice you can hand out?... the only good thing i can get out of this is a free year of school, and a chance to get a lil stronger and faster... but i didnt want to be forced off the court... i feel like if i just woulda took one step to the left, i'da been good...

i just wanna know the mental process that is ahead of me cuz i havent been injured in all my years of playin sports... this is new to me...

Broke my ankle during soccer season. Thought I was gonna miss out on track season. I was devastated.

3-4 months later, I was running the 400m at track meets. You'll be fine as long as you do as the doctor says, and go to therapy.

I ran track all through high school so I had alotta leg injuries

runner's knee (I called myself bein "tough" and ran on anyway....left tendon still hurt to this day)

Bursitis (was cool runnin, but WALKING it sucked....kinda weird)

tweaked my right hamstring (which I called myself being "tough" again then pulled it to holy hell the next day)

i was playin pro in mexico then found out i had a microfracture in my knee.. never really recovered from it lol.. but atleast i made it thru college

i go to TAMU Kingsville... its a D2 down by Corpus Christi Texas...

we are in the lone star conference, and made it to the national tourney last year... so we aint no slouch team...

i like what homey said about comin back hungry... cuz i'm already ready to get on the floor... next year, i'm comin out strong... 18ppg, 8apg minimum... i gotta get it in...

and the education is on lock... i'm graduating in may '11, so i'ma graduate w/ an extra year of eligibility... so i'm gonna go ahead and get my first year of my MBA paid for and take this as a blessing in disguise...

Have had my fair share of surgeries (5 on the left knee). But made it through college without any problems. But in my fifth year of playing hoops at school,finished my entire MBA, which is what I would recommend to you, best decision ever. But had to grind for it...5 classes in the summer after graduating, 6 inthe fall, and 4 in the spring.

Yep... tore my bicep in the off-season my senior year in HS.
smh.gif

Missed the first two games of the season including the rivalry game.
frown.gif

i just got some bad news, family... i'm a junior this year, and i was poised to be startin point guard for my college this season... murkin everybody, lockin up, front of drills, and i came from a juco, so you know i had to show them cats who i was... but one wrong step, and boom...

frown.gif

has anyone ever been hurt where they couldnt get back on the playin field? any advice you can hand out?... the only good thing i can get out of this is a free year of school, and a chance to get a lil stronger and faster... but i didnt want to be forced off the court... i feel like if i just woulda took one step to the left, i'da been good...

Srry but
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

After seriously injuring my left knee in high school football,i found out that i couldnt play footbal again
tired.gif

worst injury i had was a sprained knee this summer hoopin......

had many twisted/sprained ankles.

Broke my middle and index fingers on my right hand going for a rebound. Didnt go to the hospital, kept playing through it.

My index finger no longer bends forward the whole way.
laugh.gif

blew out my left knee last weekend. i suspect another torn ACL and then some. i'm going to see my orthopedic surgeon tomorrow.

oh yeah, i broke my left ankle in 2007. tore my right ACL in 2006. broke my right ankle in 2005. broke my nose in 2003.

all playing hoops.

Haven't broken anything but I sprained my extensor tendon in my foot in college steppin on somebody's foot. I couldn't hoop or walk right for 6months since it wasn't the ankle. I usually hurt my ankles but I'm used to it so it takes me about 1 month to recover

Back
Top Bottom