Anybody ever owned a Ball Python? vol. I want a new pet (PICS)

i swear i want to get a snake so bad ... but i just cant stomach sending a mouse to his death with no chance of survival ... i think it's just too cruel ... maybe i can get the frozen ones but then i just look at it as this mouse was killed for no reason and had no chance of survival ... *shrugs*

i'll end up with a fish tank instead ... smh

sick.gif
sick.gif
why?

I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

One of my friends owned one back in elementery school. One time "balls" escaped and he was lost somewhere in the house for 2 weeks. My friend eventually found him curled up in an old shoe.

One of my friends owned one back in elementery school. One time "balls" escaped and he was lost somewhere in the house for 2 weeks. My friend eventually found him curled up in an old shoe.

Originally Posted by msaba07

i swear i want to get a snake so bad ... but i just cant stomach sending a mouse to his death with no chance of survival ... i think it's just too cruel ... maybe i can get the frozen ones but then i just look at it as this mouse was killed for no reason and had no chance of survival ... *shrugs*

its survival of the fittest homie

I have one. Super easy to care for. Mines is about 2'8" now. Time for a new tank actually.

I have one. Super easy to care for. Mines is about 2'8" now. Time for a new tank actually.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

Balls are shy they wont like being out too much. A snake that would be cool with that is a red tailed boa but they get bigger. Even a ball python will get 6ft as a female. Really no snakes stay 1.5 feet.
Once it gets to 2.5-3 feet, I'm gonna sell it.

This one site recommended feeding the snake dead animals because the mice can bite/scratch a snake up. For example:

WARNING: GRUESOME PIC!!!
Spoiler [+]
ball_python_live_prey_1.jpg

Originally Posted by Lieutenant Kif

Yo you should check out the green tree python. They are so sick. I never owned one but I had a friend who had one and it was so much fun to hold it. They are beautiful animals.
This thing looks cool but more evil and mysterious then any other snake I've ever seen. I can't wear him around my neck comfortably. I'm almost convinced this is the snake that had that fateful chat with Eve...

green_tree_python.jpg

Heat%20pits%20of%20the%20green%20tree%20python%20-%20Michael%20D.%20Kern%20-%20IN%20CAPTIVITY,%20SM.jpg

green-tree-python_1280x1024_2985.jpg

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

Balls are shy they wont like being out too much. A snake that would be cool with that is a red tailed boa but they get bigger. Even a ball python will get 6ft as a female. Really no snakes stay 1.5 feet.
Once it gets to 2.5-3 feet, I'm gonna sell it.

This one site recommended feeding the snake dead animals because the mice can bite/scratch a snake up. For example:

WARNING: GRUESOME PIC!!!
Spoiler [+]
ball_python_live_prey_1.jpg

Originally Posted by Lieutenant Kif

Yo you should check out the green tree python. They are so sick. I never owned one but I had a friend who had one and it was so much fun to hold it. They are beautiful animals.
This thing looks cool but more evil and mysterious then any other snake I've ever seen. I can't wear him around my neck comfortably. I'm almost convinced this is the snake that had that fateful chat with Eve...

green_tree_python.jpg

Heat%20pits%20of%20the%20green%20tree%20python%20-%20Michael%20D.%20Kern%20-%20IN%20CAPTIVITY,%20SM.jpg

green-tree-python_1280x1024_2985.jpg

my sister has one, its really easy to take care of and she seems to enjoy the snake very much

my sister has one, its really easy to take care of and she seems to enjoy the snake very much

My boy breeds, lizards and ball pythons. When we were growing up one time he had 2 of us over to watch it eat a small rat. The snake must've not been hungry, and the rat ended up attacking the snake, we had to pull the rat out of the tank. When we were in college he sold one to his roommate. Like 9 of them lived in this big house, so of course sloppy guys will have mice. Well around Dec the snake disappeared and they searched and searched for it, around Feb they realized there wasn't any evidence of mice in the house anymore. On the second to last day of the spring semester Jeff found the snake, and it was almost an entire foot longer.

That snake was cool, it was about 15 inches long and would just chill in your hands all night.

FYI snakes smelly kinda funky though.

My boy breeds, lizards and ball pythons. When we were growing up one time he had 2 of us over to watch it eat a small rat. The snake must've not been hungry, and the rat ended up attacking the snake, we had to pull the rat out of the tank. When we were in college he sold one to his roommate. Like 9 of them lived in this big house, so of course sloppy guys will have mice. Well around Dec the snake disappeared and they searched and searched for it, around Feb they realized there wasn't any evidence of mice in the house anymore. On the second to last day of the spring semester Jeff found the snake, and it was almost an entire foot longer.

That snake was cool, it was about 15 inches long and would just chill in your hands all night.

i bought one online when i was like 12.......named him pete. he died after 2 years i guess i did a %#%#!@ job taking care of him.

i bought one online when i was like 12.......named him pete. he died after 2 years i guess i did a %#%#!@ job taking care of him.

Originally Posted by ToLiveandDieinNJ

Is there anyway around this? Every one I know with a snake, the !*#! smells like doo. 

Originally Posted by ToLiveandDieinNJ

Is there anyway around this? Every one I know with a snake, the !*#! smells like doo. 

Originally Posted by kevinfresh

in the wild, yes.

but not when the mouse is stuck in a cage it can't get out of.

Originally Posted by kevinfresh

in the wild, yes.

but not when the mouse is stuck in a cage it can't get out of.

Back
Top Bottom