anybody heard of this coolsat 5000 thing? or free to air cable stuff

Originally Posted by Buttons McBoomBoom

Pardon me if this is an ignorant question, but before I even attempt to read up on this. Anyone know if it's possible to just purchase a sat dish and receiver box of some sort ..say on ebay/etc , and use this with my existing Time Warner DVR box? Like maybe just hook up the Sat when I wish to use it and disconnect the Time Warner service? Or am I just wishing for too much here?

Yea they have off/on switches
laugh.gif

j/k you can still keep your DVR box, basic cable whatever you have and run FTA

Oh wait are you asking if you can use you DVR with FTA?? Cuz I don't think so but never even checked up on it.

My uncle has one and constantly is reprogramming/coding it when it @+*%# up.
However, it has many channels including FSN West and KCAL.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

id consider buying one if it was easy to install, warranty, and had HD channels. other then that if i just wanted a bunch of extra channels i could go and geta blackbox for free from my uncle.

^^blackbox i think is illegal but fta recievers arent.. but im not too sure since its FREE TO Air cable.. but i did hear that the file you download doesntalways last for long but eventually somebody will have it and download it again.. dats the only bad thing.. correct me if im wrong guys..

and lalakerfan21- are you from the bay? is your name steve? lol

Oh wait are you asking if you can use you DVR with FTA?? Cuz I don't think so but never even checked up on it.

Nah I don't necessarily mean I wanna use the DVR with it, I just mean is it possible for me to just switch from my DVR Time Warner box..to aSat/Recevier Box Combo I would buy and only use for this Free to Air content. Is it as simple as switching the inputs on the TV once you get it all going?

Back
Top Bottom