Anybody in SALES????

So I made the move down to LA, thinking I would land an IT job...but some drama occurred, prevented me from landing that IT gig I had set up, met really coofolks, one thing lead to another and I am now an intern trying to learn the sales biz. I have to say, this is a lot more fun than sitting in front of acomputer answering emails and deleting trojans. I enjoy the competitive vibe I get from the other reps, I enjoy constantly meeting new people, it is just somuch more fun to me.

Anyways, anybody here on NT in the sales biz? I am in the fashion side of sales, so more clothing and accessories. I am still trying to learn all theverbiage, the unspoken rules, the networking, etc. Real talk, this is something I would love to have as my career. Hopefully things go in my favor.

Glad to see your enjoying it. Sales is a lifestyle..it is tough to do it if you don't have the personality. It sometimes requires a thick skin and beingable to not take work personally. I am getting back into sales...i had to get out for a while because I was doing it for a big corporation (AT&T) and whenyou have zero control over your production it is mentally draining. If you can find a good sales job that you succeed at...you're good to go. As asalesperson you get compensated real good. My friend had a newspaper company and I would help him slang newspaper subscriptions on random weekends when ineeded bread and I made upwards of $600 in four hours.

^ word. it seriously is something that is not for everybody. rejection is a part of the job, but you really gotta have the "i can sell water to awell" kind of mindstate.

Sales is one of the most rewarding *careers.

How much you like it depends on which "industry" you're in - real estate, broadband, fashion, ect.

I also agree, one of the most important factor of sales is to drop your ego/self. Forget about "you" and just make the sale.

Also, be ok with making a fool of yourself every now and then. It helps you take more risks.

* I'm in broadband sales btw

Originally Posted by cor23ey

Sales is one of the most rewarding industries.

How much you like it depends on which "industry" you're in - real estate, broadband, fashion, ect.

I also agree, one of the most important factor of sales is to drop your ego/self. Forget about "you" and just make the sale.

Also, be ok with making a fool of yourself every now and then. It helps you take more risks.

* I'm in broadband sales btw

when did sales become an industry?

im in sales.. it has its ups and down.. it has a lot to do with your personality.. big thing is just stay positive and you'll do better.. as soon asclients can feel you have a bad vibe youre DONE.. and remember.. ABC.. Always Be Closing.. lol

^real talk. i can already see, as an intern, that if you have a good relationship with your buyers, they will buy anything from you just because they trust youand because you have a good relationship. they trust that you will sell them the good stuff and as a seller you know what products will work for them.

i was thinking about sales, actually made a thread about it last week
laugh.gif

the pay can be really good if you thrive

some people are just naturally good at it. those who are natural bull ****ters that have charisma and are quick to respond/comeback when somebody questions youare those who make a ton of $$$
i know girls that look
pimp.gif
and they can sell like no other! but it dependswhat industry

Yeah hot chicks do pretty damn well in this industry. They come in with no fear, because everyone sucks up to them anyways (so not like guys...they actuallyhave no fear of failure). They have good conversation skills from being talked up so often. They expect to close sales and to have people listen to them. Plus,sometimes women just have a naturally more persuasive voice tone.

I have my final interview today for a management program, 40k first 12 months, 80-120k after that. Hope everything goes according to plan!

Both my parents are very good in sales. I'm not too bad. But having to constantly be competitive and meet quotas would drive me up a wall. If your mentallyand emotionally strong enough to handle sales and you're good at it, then good for you!

i'm not in SALES myself, but their dept @ my job is mad hectic.. i see people coming and going all the time, leaving/getting fired for all types of reasons(TO ratio is huge).. I can't imagine myself in that kind of environment.

anybody in the fashion side of sales?? the showroom i work at handles about 7 different clothing brands ranging from streetwear to contemporary to hats andshoes. more specifically, anybody know any shop/boutique owners/buyers? this is NT, the place where everyone helps each other out! haha

Back
Top Bottom