Anybody on here played around with Firesheep?

I went to the library today to work on some stuff, and decided to pull it up just to see what would happen.

i let it run in the background for a little while, and it popped up with about 3 accounts, one 2 of the same chick.

i didn't do anything to her stuff, just kinda looked at it, and i realized that this could potentially be treacherous.

my advice to you is, don't use any sensitive account on an unlocked wifi hotspot. until these social networking sites decide to step their SSL game up, they hackin' everybody.

/coolstory

I went to the library today to work on some stuff, and decided to pull it up just to see what would happen.

i let it run in the background for a little while, and it popped up with about 3 accounts, one 2 of the same chick.

i didn't do anything to her stuff, just kinda looked at it, and i realized that this could potentially be treacherous.

my advice to you is, don't use any sensitive account on an unlocked wifi hotspot. until these social networking sites decide to step their SSL game up, they hackin' everybody.

/coolstory

Social network sites won't learn.

This works magic in places like McDonald's, Starbucks, etc.

I don't use it though, even if people don't know better.

Social network sites won't learn.

This works magic in places like McDonald's, Starbucks, etc.

I don't use it though, even if people don't know better.

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

what does it do?

it scans unlocked wifi hotspots that you're connected to for social network accounts, and then it allows you to access them.

i've got morgan waits open right now, she has a bunch of dudes asking her corny questions on facebook, and she replies to them via her status update.

what does it do?

it scans unlocked wifi hotspots that you're connected to for social network accounts, and then it allows you to access them.

i've got morgan waits open right now, she has a bunch of dudes asking her corny questions on facebook, and she replies to them via her status update.

Originally Posted by StuntHard

what does it do?

That's no female. That's NTs very own MisterP

Originally Posted by StuntHard

what does it do?

That's no female. That's NTs very own MisterP

This is my first time hearing of Firesheep. Someone care to go into a little more detail? And where I could see/try this?

This is my first time hearing of Firesheep. Someone care to go into a little more detail? And where I could see/try this?

Originally Posted by AlRjordan

i'm not gonna post a link to the actual script, but what it is is a firefox addon, and you leave it running as a sidebar in the browser, and it brings up a sidebar that looks like this:
9e726fd5cb0f9656b92c3acf31710e92034f3e45.png

you double click on a profile, and you're in there. all the way in there.

EDIT: my 500th post (for the 4th time)

Originally Posted by AlRjordan

i'm not gonna post a link to the actual script, but what it is is a firefox addon, and you leave it running as a sidebar in the browser, and it brings up a sidebar that looks like this:
9e726fd5cb0f9656b92c3acf31710e92034f3e45.png

you double click on a profile, and you're in there. all the way in there.

EDIT: my 500th post (for the 4th time)

Back
Top Bottom